Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this a good sign for GC to arrive in Port Kembla on the 18th of December?

IMG_1161.png
IMG_1162.png

Yeah, unfortunately the days of 'journalists' doing any level of investigation or research are lonnngggg gone.

It's all about regurgitating whatever baseless information suits the talking points given to them by their organisations major investors/advertisers.
Sorry, I’m OT, so skip over if looking for more stinkship updates ;)

“News outlets” these days are businesses which need to make money, like any other business (both for their running and shareholders). As you point out they are no longer a small business reporting on new things to keep local people informed of events, their online business model is based on making money from clicks, likes, and engagement via comments. The more of this that they generate, the more their sponsors and advertisers engage, and the more income they generate. It’s a business and our attention is vital for them. If they do report something factual, it’s a bonus and also makes them money.

I’m not saying making money is a bad thing, I like money too, but when you are making it under the pretence of a “trusted news source” there should be a little transparency into how that works behind the catchy jingles and good looking weather girls :)

In a hyperstimulated world driven by fear, fomo and control they don’t generate as much interest reporting about how the local shopkeeper has a new line of chewing gum, or the local football teams success, than say creating drama about a successful company failing at something. It doesn’t matter if they are failing, that moment in time when they generate the story and get the clicks and attention is how they get paid.

The irony is that the msm businesses (and social media) are failing as people realise that they are the product, and their attention and energy is what ultimately keeps putting money in msm companies pockets, and the skewing of perception of “news” just gets worse and worse as the customers become immune to the last batch of sensationalism.

It’s a fascinating subject, especially as how it pertains to Tesla and Elon, how he says he doesn’t want the advertisers who want to leave because they are perusing a different agenda and trying to blackmail him to follow. Stick to your guns, your integrity and honesty are two things you can control.

Unless people work this out and see the business model how it is, accept it, don’t judge it or the people working in it, but just know how it works, it’s going to get very interesting as AI gets used to write “news” based on older “news” which was written not motivated by facts, but financial gain.

Sorry, completely OT but I was just filling in time and it kinda pertains to the concept of our learned behaviour to generate outrage and fear via platforms we know will adopt that stance, whether it will have anything to do with solving the root cause of the issue.

Stink Bugs.

Get off the GC and give these good folks their awesome Model Y cars!!

Here is a video which kinda touches on the media side of things too, based on the F45 gym franchise's and how the media affects them. Don’t stare at his biceps …

Last edited:
Reactions: Jules22 and onmyway
Man,this just sucks. I'm not saying it's ruined my holiday plans but we really planned for this car so we could do a family trip. That's not happening now and I'm not hiring a car for it, so we're figuring out what to do.

It's just our luck hey. But I think we gotta take a different approach to this as we come into Christmas. Accept that it isn't coming this year. Stop tracking the ship. Share some memes here and go enjoy time with family over the break. It's the best we can do at this point...
I feel really bad for you guys on this journey. It must really suck. Good idea, get out and spend time with loved ones if you are lucky enough to have them around, and definitely share more memes !

after seeing lots of posts in the facebook group about MY pickups, I called Tesla today. They have Performance and LR vehicles "on the ground"/available in the dist center. Unfortunately, no RWDs. So if any of you want to change to the performance and LR you may have the chance to get them before Christmas. Good luck!

after seeing lots of posts in the facebook group about MY pickups, I called Tesla today. They have Performance and LR vehicles "on the ground"/available in the dist center. Unfortunately, no RWDs. So if any of you want to change to the performance and LR you may have the chance to get them before Christmas. Good luck!
A performance model Y would be an absolute beast!

Hi folks, I'm another GC "participant" waiting for an MYRWD (ordered in August).
Like all of you, I've been watching the qships movements pages.
Looking at the list for the rest of December, I don't see anything for the Caravel even though the Tesla app still shows an EDD before new year.
Considering that this has been ongoing since October and it's now disappeared from qships, I have real doubts about this shipment happening at all.
I feel for those of you that sold your cars in anticipation of delivery, you really need a quick result.
Hopefully, I'm completely wrong and it'll all work out soon.

Reactions: dronus
it's now disappeared from qships
It's still there on the "Vessels at Berth" tab. Just doesn't have a date for it to move anywhere yet.

When it was berthed last weekend QShips was updated only a couple of days before, so I don't think the lack of information there now really means much. When it's ready/scheduled to go the movements will get added in.

Reactions: Kevin Li
MY LR in Melbourne or Sydney? I am waiting for a LR VIN to be assigned to me in Sydney. I was told that there’s none available.