Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Think I should fight these lease payments? I mean in the end, I'll be paying it now or later. So it doesn't bother me that much.
I personally would, but if you’re not concerned yourself there’s probably not that much that could go wrong.

The thing in my mind is that I’d be paying for a car for 4 years (or however long your lease is) but only actually having it for 1-2 months less than that (or longer if the car is delayed any further).

It’d be more annoying for a petrol car because you’d also have a whole heap of money sitting in your lease account for petrol that will never be used. Money that’s stuck there till the end of the lease.

Edit:
Although one thing that popped in my mind - what happens if worst case scenario these cars are sent back and Tesla want to assign others? Your loan is probably secured against this specific VIN and you could get stuck for even longer without a car?

I'm actually in the same situation winnieblue, my NL company started my payments in October, I've been fight with them since then to fix their mistake, it's a huge mess, and made harder by the fact that unlike most other car companies, tesla won't deal with the NL provider, so I get stuck in a back and forth about what can be done

Think I should fight these lease payments? I mean in the end, I'll be paying it now or later. So it doesn't bother me that much.
It’s your call. There used to be a thing where if during the lease you didn’t have use of the car you could get a rebate, but if my memory serves me correct that was in relation to FBT which probably doesn’t apply here.
Depends If the cars not getting delivered until next year and the extra money could come in handy over Xmas (stocking up on mortein, buying SSStinkbug shirts on Etsy and subscribing to better AI meme generators).. then maybe, or just roll the dice and see what happens :)

Yeah pretty sure that still is a thing. I was on a "holiday" in the middle east for about 7 months a couple years back and I got credited those payments by the NL company.

Not sure if that's something specific to military but I thought I saw something about it just being due to not having use of the car.

Reactions: dronus
Out of curiosity,
Would anyone know which month to make an online order to receive a 2024 build date on the tesla model Y.
Reason i'm asking is that the adelaide sales rep advised me that it makes no difference with the build date in terms of resale value down the track. But i would think a 2024 be slightly higher valued than a 2023 (in the same condition and km's) even though its only a few months apart.
Just wasnt sure if Sales Rep was pulling my leg to push through end of year sale or not.
I would prefer a 2024 build date but just dont know which month to place my order. Any suggestions or experience with delivery here?

Out of curiosity,
Would anyone know which month to make an online order to receive a 2024 build date on the tesla model Y.
Reason i'm asking is that the adelaide sales rep advised me that it makes no difference with the build date in terms of resale value down the track. But i would think a 2024 be slightly higher valued than a 2023 (in the same condition and km's) even though its only a few months apart.
Just wasnt sure if Sales Rep was pulling my leg to push through end of year sale or not.
I would prefer a 2024 build date but just dont know which month to place my order. Any suggestions or experience with delivery here?
I don't think it's as much of an issue with Tesla's as it is with other cars unless the 2024 is a refresh model.
Most of the changes are software related which is pushed out to all cars.

Just wondering, why the vessel need to be quarantined as the bug is already here 🥲.
IMG_2897.png
IMG_2897.png

Ok Here is a Crazy Idea
What if its not on AAT QLD schedules anymore as its going to head to NSW in a week ?

It could be just a Place holder in the AAT Port Kembla Schedule but the GC is also in the " Daily Vessel Movements " for arriving 18th December & Depart 20th

View attachment 997163
View attachment 997164

Why is it sitting off Brisbane instead of off Port Kembla ? Nicer Place to relax for a week :cool:

Anyway I'm going to dream this is the case as i have no other Information on what its doing other then on Holidays floating around.

Is there anyone on here form Brisbane still waiting for a Car of GC ?
I am😔 Edd still Dec 7 to Dec 28

Although one thing that popped in my mind - what happens if worst case scenario these cars are sent back and Tesla want to assign others? Your loan is probably secured against this specific VIN and you could get stuck for even longer without a car?
Already checked with this situation. The lease can be reassigned to a new VIN without much issue. It happens all the time on old for new insurance claims.
Still, yes, it's super frustrating paying for this lease without having the car, and no idea of when it will come.
Worst case scenario we have to wait for a new shipment and that could take months.
I will probably make some calls today. Perhaps it can be deferred or paused due to circumstances.

Already checked with this situation. The lease can be reassigned to a new VIN without much issue. It happens all the time on old for new insurance claims.
Still, yes, it's super frustrating paying for this lease without having the car, and no idea of when it will come.
Worst case scenario we have to wait for a new shipment and that could take months.
I will probably make some calls today. Perhaps it can be deferred or paused due to circumstances.
The info Ive been getting from my NL company is that this is only the case for a 0$ diff on the invoice, so if you can't secure the exact same specs, or Telsa change the price on any component, it get's way trickier

The info Ive been getting from my NL company is that this is only the case for a 0$ diff on the invoice, so if you can't secure the exact same specs, or Telsa change the price on any component, it get's way trickier
I asked my NL company if I could just change the colour with $0 difference and was told I will have to go through the whole quote process again to get a new lease.... using sgfleet.