Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do we have any confirmation of getting HW4 if I buy within next month?

Really hoping to get it. Has anyone here bought in 2024 and received HW4?
The first international (non China destined) from Shanghai have been spotted. Two confirmed - one to Hong Kong and one to Malaysia.

I called Tesla re my RWD MY today, due Mar-Apr with no vin or accurate EDD yet, the rep was

A) confident it’ll be the last week of April - I’m less confident of this but he was very confident in the plan.
B) adamant my RWD is nor built or shipped.

There’s a chance it’ll be HW4, but it definitely is not assured.

The first international (non China destined) from Shanghai have been spotted. Two confirmed - one to Hong Kong and one to Malaysia.

I called Tesla re my RWD MY today, due Mar-Apr with no vin or accurate EDD yet, the rep was

A) confident it’ll be the last week of April - I’m less confident of this but he was very confident in the plan.
B) adamant my RWD is nor built or shipped.

There’s a chance it’ll be HW4, but it definitely is not assured.
I spoke to them today also. He mentioned few things.

First of all. Price change upcoming as we head into April. Obviously can't confirm if it will be a price increase or decrease or remain the same.

Second of all, mentioned that HW4 will be only be purchased made in 2025.

Third of all, couldn't guarantee that if I purchased soon it won't be a 2023 model :(

I spoke to them today also. He mentioned few things.

First of all. Price change upcoming as we head into April. Obviously can't confirm if it will be a price increase or decrease or remain the same.

Second of all, mentioned that HW4 will be only be purchased made in 2025.

Third of all, couldn't guarantee that if I purchased soon it won't be a 2023 model :(
1. Expect a $1000-$1500 rise in line with the rest of the world. Rest of world effective 1/4.

2. Taking this with a grain of salt - unless he meant juniper. Eventually you’d think Shanghai would only want to be making the one spec.

3. Just make sure you’re not ordering something they have in inventory and you’ll be fine. If it’s available in inventory then hold off for now. I’ve been told mine isn’t even built yet! There’s basically no inventory here in WA though

1. Expect a $1000-$1500 rise in line with the rest of the world. Rest of world effective 1/4.

2. Taking this with a grain of salt - unless he meant juniper. Eventually you’d think Shanghai would only want to be making the one spec.

3. Just make sure you’re not ordering something they have in inventory and you’ll be fine. If it’s available in inventory then hold off for now. I’ve been told mine isn’t even built yet! There’s basically no inventory here in WA though
Appreciate the response. I didn't know the price hike was real. Damn.

I was looking at buying about mid April as I need to sell my car first 😂. In wondering if I just bite the bullet and order one now. Basic model y

Appreciate the response. I didn't know the price hike was real. Damn.

I was looking at buying about mid April as I need to sell my car first 😂. In wondering if I just bite the bullet and order one now. Basic model y
I just had a look, the only ‘23 RWD in inventory is blue with black seats. In theory you should be good to order, there’s a ship due in Melbourne in a few weeks that looks like it’s got Teslas on it.

No guarantees of course.

What happens if you sell the car and the date blows out? How are you paying for the Tesla?

Just got the email confirming we're getting HW4 and quicksilver / red options.
So disappointed in my decisions, had I known I definitely would've gone for quicksilver over white, but I did have a suspicion this was happening.
So the Model Ys in the latest configurator (with black Gemini wheel caps) are HW4? I also saw that Quicksilver/Ultra red color being available...

So the Model Ys in the latest configurator (with black Gemini wheel caps) are HW4? I also saw that Quicksilver/Ultra red color being available...
Sorry, yep.
TMY.png

Oh wow sturdy, so you modified your order. At least edd is still the same
I'm not convinced myEDD will now be accurate, because if I were to order off the website it'll be Apr-Jun, and essentially I'm in the same boat as I modified the order - I had to, otherwise the order would've been cancelled.

I don't think they've even started making the new configurations yet, hence the holdup.

I fully expect yours to turn up before mine now, but given the new information I'm fully okay with this.

Amazing price for MYLR and the rest of the M3/Y. The GsT inclusive subtotal price including the $400 fee is now $74700. This is approx $10k less than when I bought it in June 2023

The MYP is now also under LCT limit which in 2023-24 is $89332

Also the MYP is available in UltraRed and Quicksilver. All M3/Y models also under LCT limit with any paint option

Likely the M3P will be under LCT as well

People who have one on order (albeit with a more limited colour choice but not yet delivered will get it at the lower price according to posts in other forums

Bad luck to those who got theirs yesterday.

IMG_3094.jpeg

Last edited: