Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I'm officially graduating from this thread. Picked up my spaceship from Mulgrave yesterday and clocked an easy 250km around the Mornington Peninsula. Paint job and panel joins 99.99999% perfect - only a couple of tiny spots in between panels that you wouldn't notice if you weren't looking for them with a magnifying glass. Service team have been absolutely lovely.

Had a couple of minor phantom braking incidents (2 lane road with no markings on left side, light filtered through lots of trees so I wasn't too surprised) but otherwise standard autopilot did really well. Still felt a little freaked out at how much the car was driving "on my behalf" though. I took over on some of the twistier bits as it would approach turns way later than I'd prefer but I think that's just maiden voyage issues.

Charged up at Mornington supercharger - 33 kWh @ AU$0.69/kWh (nice)

Ordered 10/6 around 11am. Received the mobile charger. No cupcakes though.

Got some somewhat good news today: the EDD for my MYP went from nothing to Nov - Feb. It must have updated in the last few days. I assume that means that my car will be built in the next quarter!
Nov-Feb is hedging either late Q1 or early Q2.

If I had to guess I'd say that means you'd pencilled in for early Q2 but with a potential for cancellations to get you into Q1.

Reactions: Maximillan
Got some somewhat good news today: the EDD for my MYP went from nothing to Nov - Feb. It must have updated in the last few days. I assume that means that my car will be built in the next quarter!

I checked mine about 2 hours ago (after seeing your post) and it was still blank.
Now it says "Estimated delivery: Nov 2022 - Feb 2023" as well.

Edit: and the orderStatus in the json data went from ORDER_PLACED to BOOKED

I was just coming in here to say this! Such a small wee step but exciting nonetheless when you've been staring at a blank page for so long! I now have a tranche range and my status changed like @zombie to BOOKED.

Reactions: 1001 and *Sparkles*
Nov-Feb is hedging either late Q4 or early Q1.

If I had to guess I'd say that means you'd pencilled in for early Q1 but with a potential for cancellations to get you into Q4.

Edited your text as I know what you mean.

However the bridging of the quarter is how they do all tranches and this would tally with how their production line works. The first tranche for RWD was August to November which is second and third month of Q3 and first and second month month of Q4. As the last month of each quarter is for domestic Chinese production the EDD tranches account for that and start a month after overseas productions starts.

For the August RWD tranche deliveries the cars started being manufactured in July (actually last couple of days of June).

Soooooo in my mind it stands to reason that the MYP could start production 1st October to meet the beginning of the EDD like they did with the RWD tranche.

Last edited: