Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spotted in Chatswood

IMG_0356.jpg

Yes WTF. I've come to the conclusion that there are not going to be any Performance cars produced this quarter. A lot of RWDs are being delivered, but so far not a single indication of a MYP. Anyone have any information that might give us some hope? I certainly hope I'm wrong.
I've decided that if I can convert my order to a RWD and get it this year I'll do that. But when I brought up changing my order with a Tesla rep she said that RWD and MYP were separate queues, and I would go to the end of the RWD orders.

Reactions: Robbo_707
Yes WTF. I've come to the conclusion that there are not going to be any Performance cars produced this quarter. A lot of RWDs are being delivered, but so far not a single indication of a MYP. Anyone have any information that might give us some hope? I certainly hope I'm wrong.
I've decided that if I can convert my order to a RWD and get it this year I'll do that. But when I brought up changing my order with a Tesla rep she said that RWD and MYP were separate queues, and I would go to the end of the RWD orders.
I have seen others on FB change and then get the RWD very quickly. Call Tesla and ask the question again perhaps

I'm hoping they produce some in December for January deliveries but it's just hope and wishful thinking - nothing concrete.

Speaking from experience.

Tesla will adjust the price on your final invoice if it is lower than your order price. That happened on my 1st Tesla.

You are allowed to change the car’s specifications 3 times max within the model line and not slip in the q if the VIN is not allocated. I went from Performance to SR+ back to Performance on my 2nd Tesla. Kept the same delivery timeframe. No issues with Tesla but can’t speak the same with my SA 😁

Ordered RWD and MYP to replace my 3s on the first day. Received the RWD in August and like others, my MYP is delayed to early 2023. Not pleased, but I accept it is a better business case for Tesla to churn out RWDs. Well, at least I know my MYP will come with rear door latches and extended rear seat bases.

To those still waiting for their cars, it is a very different experience from an ICE car, but a great one.

Reactions: JWM000 and Bogan
That was confirmed weeks ago MYP delayed until next year

But when I brought up changing my order with a Tesla rep she said that RWD and MYP were separate queues, and I would go to the end of the RWD orders.
That's the opposite of what I was told, as I mentioned here. I know there are often a lot of mixed messages from Tesla, and things may have changed, but the speed at which I got my car suggests there was indeed a single queue...

Update from me. My car is onboard MV Victorious Ace which is scheduled to dock in Singapore this evening. The ship will then make its way to Fremantle, scheduled to arrive on 2nd November. I’d assume if my car is onboard then there is likely to be a large quantity of other Mode Ys onboard.

I have had the ‘Your delivery is approaching’ text message. My EDD is still listed as 5th-17th November, however in discussion with my Finance company they have advised that Tesla have informed them my estimated pickup date is 7th November! Happy days

Reactions: alliwantisaY