Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Model Y is now the fastest selling car in Europe so even with the new Berlin factory, demand is rising strongly and still needs support from Shanghai which limits how many cars can be made for other markets like ours.
The production rate is night and day - Giga Berlin 100,000/year (around 2,000/week) while Giga Shanghai 1,000,000/year (around 20,000/week) - correct me if I'm wrong.

My Delivery Date is scheduled on Nov 8. I can't see my car registered yet in Vic Roads > Check your Rego page. I had already submitted the "Application for Vehicle Registration" to Tesla. Anyone knows when this will be completed? Should I call up Tesla?
Most likely one or two days before. No need to have the car registered between now and the 8th with you are paying for that.

anyone know the deal with the tint on the rear windows? are they just privacy glass or do they also have some tint? A quick Google seems to imply there is now some tint included. But the tint place I'm going to use is adamant it's just privacy?
Get them to use a clear film on the rear and rear side windows and a dark ceramic tint on the front side windows.

What are you guys doing for home charging?

I have a 32A single phase outlet installed but have been struggling to find the corresponding 32A tail.

EVChargers make a 32amp tail for the UMC. It is on back order (but only for a couple of weeks) at the moment but they do have the handy ability to do tails with different lengths which can be a real bonus if you need further reach or want to coil it neatly on the wall Tesla Gen2 Mobile Connector Adaptor - EVchargers - EV cables and adaptors

Braumach also sell one and a few other companies.

anyone know the deal with the tint on the rear windows? are they just privacy glass or do they also have some tint? A quick Google seems to imply there is now some tint included. But the tint place I'm going to use is adamant it's just privacy?
The tint place is wrong! All tesla tinted glass is infra red and ultraviolet protected. fronts are also similarly treated but no tint colour. Plenty of internet articles on this.

Reactions: Wizard-of-Aus
thanks guys... soo are you both saying just the clear on the rear windows.. for some reason this whole tint thing is confusing me more than it should haha

The tint place is wrong! All tesla tinted glass is infra red and ultraviolet protected. fronts are also similarly treated but no tint colour. Plenty of internet articles on this.

Get them to use a clear film on the rear and rear side windows and a dark ceramic tint on the front side windows.

Reactions: unharmed
Model Y's rolling off the Victorious Ace this evening in Fremantle!! Delivery date is still showing 5-17 Nov 2022.....

Attachments

• IMG_2329.jpg
    IMG_2329.jpg
    578.1 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_2327.jpg
    IMG_2327.jpg
    566.6 KB · Views: 46
Waiting no more! Collected yesterday from Mulgrave - got an email while enroute saying it was ready for pickup, so was able to go in a little early. When I got there, the charger (visible in pic) was connected and filling up beyond 75%, which was great and I left it in while running my checklist. They emphasised I could stay as long and take as much time as I wanted. There was plenty of room for me, it's not as if I was getting in anyone's way while there. On the one hand after all I'd read I wanted to do the checks, on the other I just wanted to get out and start driving it!

To reiterate, there is no cargo cover or any first-aid kit/gift/freebies, apart from the UMC (which wasn't free, it was included).

I took it down the Monash to calibrate and it was done before I'd completed the path I'd planned. As soon as I could, I started replacing those Gemini covers (not a fan), installing mud flaps, personalised plates and all the other accessories I'd bought while waiting.

May your day be soon! I'll keep participating in this forum with my experiences and comments - see you on the road and at the chargers (will remember to use PlugShare)!

IMG_2463.JPG

Last edited: