Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update from me. My car is onboard MV Victorious Ace which is scheduled to dock in Singapore this evening. The ship will then make its way to Fremantle, scheduled to arrive on 2nd November. I’d assume if my car is onboard then there is likely to be a large quantity of other Mode Ys onboard.

I have had the ‘Your delivery is approaching’ text message. My EDD is still listed as 5th-17th November, however in discussion with my Finance company they have advised that Tesla have informed them my estimated pickup date is 7th November! Happy days
Great news. Looking at your first update, I think your order date was 2nd July 2022! Am I correct?

That's awesome. I placed my order on the 20th June. I haven't heard anything from Tesla yet and the delivery window is still Feb-May 23. Any tips you can share to get it early? :)

You need to live in Perth. Perth schedules can be a bit out of the ordinary especially in this case where the ship has come direct to Fremantle/Perth instead of being part of a ship that goes Shanghai to the east coast of australia then transferred to another ship to get to Perth. Most of the time Perth orders come via the east coast route but this is now the second ship this year which has gone on the direct route. The first ship had 3s on it and this one seems to have 3s and Ys. So most likely they put as many Perth orders as possible on the direct ship which has meant orders being fulfilled that weren't due yet.

Reactions: cafz
That's awesome. I placed my order on the 20th June. I haven't heard anything from Tesla yet and the delivery window is still Feb-May 23. Any tips you can share to get it early? :)
The first indication I got that something was happening was a text saying, ‘A model Y has been assigned to your order’. (21/9) Hadn’t had any other Comms since my initial order receipt.

I only got the updated EDD in the App on the same day I received this text. I discovered subsequently my build date was one week prior to receipt of this text (15/9)

I then received ‘Final invoice’ notification and registration document on the same day, exactly one month before my EDD window (6/10).

Yesterday I received the ‘Your delivery is approaching’ text. This seemed to be as a result of car being loaded onto boat coming to Freo.

Every step of the way I’ve received a text message prompting me to do things so has been straightforward. Not sure if the timeline of each stage is typical or not.

The first indication I got that something was happening was a text saying, ‘A model Y has been assigned to your order’. (21/9) Hadn’t had any other Comms since my initial order receipt.

I only got the updated EDD in the App on the same day I received this text. I discovered subsequently my build date was one week prior to receipt of this text (15/9)

I then received ‘Final invoice’ notification and registration document on the same day, exactly one month before my EDD window (6/10).

Yesterday I received the ‘Your delivery is approaching’ text. This seemed to be as a result of car being loaded onto boat coming to Freo.

Every step of the way I’ve received a text message prompting me to do things so has been straightforward. Not sure if the timeline of each stage is typical or not.
Thanks mate for sharing your experience. Hope you get to drive your car very soon. Cheers

You need to live in Perth. Perth schedules can be a bit out of the ordinary especially in this case where the ship has come direct to Fremantle/Perth instead of being part of a ship that goes Shanghai to the east coast of australia then transferred to another ship to get to Perth. Most of the time Perth orders come via the east coast route but this is now the second ship this year which has gone on the direct route. The first ship had 3s on it and this one seems to have 3s and Ys. So most likely they put as many Perth orders as possible on the direct ship which has meant orders being fulfilled that weren't due yet.
Wow that's a good perk of living in Perth. I really got hopeful when I saw July orders getting fulfilled and also scared as I thought Tesla has missed my order. Lol. But now it makes sense. Thanks

Btw does anyone know whether I need to buy a type 2 cable OR adoptor if I want to charge at the ones only offering type 2 BYO?
Yes you'll need a type 2 to type 2 cable.

The one Tesla sells is very nice.

Edit: they call it an "adapter" but it's a cable that goes between the station and the car.
There's no "adapter" that you can use on the mobile connector.

Only when it works out this way. The first batch of Model Y deliveries went via the East Coast and had to wait for the aforementioned transfer ship, so first WA deliveries started a month after the rest of Australia (September instead of August)
I got mine on August 29 ;)
Pretty sure a couple of office holders of the Tesla Owners Club WA got theirs the preceding Friday (26th).