Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Robbo_707 I called Tesla today just to check if there was an issue with the information that I submitted, given everything else was ticked but the payment was not, despite being completed.

Tesla CSR advised that this was normal if you selected Finance or Lease as the response. They said all was good and the next step was Tesla sending out registration papers to complete and after they are returned you will get a clearer picture as to when the vehicle is likely to arrive, usually within 4 - 6 weeks after your VIN is allocated.

Reactions: Robbo_707
I'm a bit confused with this twitter post.

I received this email two days after I placed my order in September. Did I receive the email too early? Or should I receive the email twice (next one closer to delivery)? Coz when o initially placed the order there was some technical glitch and I hadn't received a confirmation email. After talking o Tesla in a couple of days I received the order email and this one.

Screenshot_2022-12-05-19-13-46-58_e307a3f9df9f380ebaf106e1dc980bb6.jpg

I'm a bit confused with this twitter post.

I received this email two days after I placed my order in September. Did I receive the email too early? Or should I receive the email twice (next one closer to delivery)? Coz when o initially placed the order there was some technical glitch and I hadn't received a confirmation email. After talking o Tesla in a couple of days I received the order email and this one.
Tom (Ludicrous Feed) was talking about Performance MY. Your email shows MY RWD. Did you change your order from RWD to P?

RACV was $3.5k for full comp after adding no excess glass repair, preferred repairer and rental car. This was for market value.

At agreed value of $115k it jumped to $4.3k

Nuts

Thankfully we have access to much more reasonable insurance in Perth. RAC is much much cheaper here. I can get Agreed Value of $115k, car rental and no claim bonus protection for $1200 with an excess of only $650. (47yo driver, no claims in past 3yrs). If I increase the excess to $1500 I can get it for $1000.
As it's RAC brand check and see if there is a discount for being a RAC member. I get 5% off the policy for being a RAC member so that pays for itself - ie the cost of roadside membership is less than the 5% discount.

Aaaaaand it’s gone haha

So many damn M3’s :(
When it was up, I mentioned this to a friend last night who had a Blue with White interior on order (Feb - May 23 EDD window). He proceeded to change his order to Black with White and minutes later he was asked to complete payment (holding off as he is going via Novated Lease), shortly after that a VIN was was found via the chrome extension and a delivery window of Dec 26 - Jan 16 was provided on his account.

We were surprised that this wasn't reallocated to someone else who had this combo on order (or there wasn't someone else who had this specific combo on order). It could be that the vehicle is already on it's way to country and it was easier for Tesla to have it in inventory then reroute the logistics plan to another state.