Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lots of Armacup ships here or on the way with end 2022 production. Don Juan, Morning Crystal, Morning Cherry and Turandot. Paglia and Viking Passama would be of interest if AU MYP produced Jan ie soonest in the pre Chinese New Year break end of Jan. Then it is February production which would line up with the story above from the sales person, late Q1 delivery to meet the expected delivery message. Answer is nobody knows, wait some more. That Wu Wa vid was great showing the large line up of transporters needed to shift the production into Shanghai proper I assume. Could be for local &/or export ships. Wonder what/why they park under the small covered area next to the transporter load area. Certainly plenty of human ant activity and loads of buses arriving with the shift workers.

Good to see Wu Wa back in action, as with Tesla Shanghai.

Reactions: krylonos
Price drop alert!!
There has been a price drop on the Model Y (probably Model 3 too). Base Model Y RWD was $72,300 but is now showing as $68,900 and Performance was $96,700 and is now showing as $94,900. Unfortunately the Base Model Y RWD is still over the WA EV rebate as the subtotal comes to $70,700 when you include the $1400 delivery fee and $400 order fee - it needs to be under $70k in WA to get the $3500 off.
Both the delivery and order fee have gone up a bit since I ordered.
My Performance June order was $93,900 base model so it's not fully reverted back to first order price.

Price drop alert!!
From memory they pass on price drops to customers with existing orders, happy to see my RWD order just got $2k cheaper. Wonder what prompted them to put the order fee up?

Given how close the base price is now sitting to the NSW EV rebate threshold $68,750 I wonder if they'll trim it any further?

Just to update - about ten minutes after posting this i got a txt from Tesla advising of the price drop and they my final invoice will be updated accordingly.

Last edited:
Reactions: joseph.luppino
If anyone in Perth want to jump queue and get a car quicker they actually have 4 in stock - they would be '22 stock but if that doesn't phase you then they are a good option.
The pricing still looks a bit high to me considering the price drop today so might not have been updatedyet. MSM with 19", MSM with 20", Blue with 20" and Black with 20".

If anyone in Perth want to jump queue and get a car quicker they actually have 4 in stock - they would be '22 stock but if that doesn't phase you then they are a good option.
The pricing still looks a bit high to me considering the price drop today so might not have been updatedyet. MSM with 19", MSM with 20", Blue with 20" and Black with 20".
All white interior :(