Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On a side note, does anybody know if the Model Y performance "Dual Motor" with the red underline is the same as the Model 3? I'm getting mine PPF'ed shortly after delivery. The PPF guy said they can't re-use the existing decal. I picked up a Model 3 one from Tesla this morning.

On a side note, does anybody know if the Model Y performance "Dual Motor" with the red underline is the same as the Model 3? I'm getting mine PPF'ed shortly after delivery. The PPF guy said they can't re-use the existing decal. I picked up a Model 3 one from Tesla this morning.
Where are you getting it done? I'm looking into Exclusive Wraps. No idea how much it's going to be yet.

Last edited:
Where are you getting it done? I'm looking into Exclusive Wraps. No idea how much it's going to be yet.
Alex Schrader, HIGHLIFE Films & Coatings
Address Ferny Hills QLD 4055
Phone 0455551551 Website www.highlifehq.com.au
ABN 16989792255

Alex has been great. Very communicative. Answered all questions and concerns promptly. Tell him I sent you!

Reactions: Elite Display
So I now have a VIN for my MYP. The trade in was processed (9K more than car sales instant offer). Weeeeee!
I got a VIN. Then registration doc. Then requested a trade in quote, which came back as lower than I was happy with. (Carsales instant quote wasn't interested at all; they said "can't offer you anything". And Carbuyer.com.au never got back to me.) Once I rejected the trade in quote, I got the final invoice.

Alex Schrader, HIGHLIFE Films & Coatings
Address Ferny Hills QLD 4055
Phone 0455551551 Website www.highlifehq.com.au
ABN 16989792255

Alex has been great. Very communicative. Answered all questions and concerns promptly. Tell him I sent you!
I just got a quote back from Exclusive Wraps down in Archerfield. It was for a XPEL Satin White PPF wrap and it'll cost 7K to do the entire vehicle. It's only 1K less for the gloss finish.
I don't know how much I was expecting it to be but that's a lot.
Can you give an indication on how much it'd be at Highlife?

I put in a request for valuation with Tesla myself based on a 2020 Subaru Forester Premium with 85k on the clock.

The cheapest you see these on Carsales is about $39k, and they go up from there (including unit with comparable mileage).

I got offered $26k... ridiculous IMO.
Yep, I was expecting a lowball offer, but Tesla's offer was a total joke. Subaru Liberty GT SpecB Wagon worth around $12k private, with the cheapest Manual currently listed for $14k (Redbook says Trade-in price of $10k). Tesla offered $4k :rolleyes:. Definitely selling it privately.... I know it's only $6k difference, but their offer shouldn't be 40% of Trade-in value.
Carsales Instant offer was declined, and Carpoint (EDIT, might've been Drive.com.au, can't remember since it was a few months ago) one went through but never got back to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dannerz
About that price in Syd as well from what I've seen. PPF is super expensive and for most people probs not worth.
I just got a quote back from Exclusive Wraps down in Archerfield. It was for a XPEL Satin White PPF wrap and it'll cost 7K to do the entire vehicle. It's only 1K less for the gloss finish.
I don't know how much I was expecting it to be but that's a lot.
Can you give an indication on how much it'd be at Highlife?

About that price in Syd as well from what I've seen. PPF is super expensive and for most people probs not worth.
It's 10% the price of the vehicle as an additional cost; that's a significant enough number to make many people hesitate. The only reason that I was thinking of doing it was to prevent chip damage but I've decided that I don't drive on enough roads with debris that this would be a major issue. Should it happen then this seems like a much more efficient option: Touch-up Paint

I know that it worked pretty well here even with white paint:

I looked at the UK MYP which comes from China as well and I can't see a red line? Note I just googled and looked at this Tesla Model Y Review 2023 | Top Gear

PS my eyesight isn't the best so my recommendation is to look at this and other UK ones better than I did.

Reactions: jason66