Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know what will happen if I decline delivery of MY (I'm out of town) when it's my turn? Of course I'd still want a MY but I'm afraid if Tesla won't put me back to the queue god knows how long it will take for the next shipment of cars from Shanghai to arrive.

Does anyone know what will happen if I decline delivery of MY (I'm out of town) when it's my turn? Of course I'd still want a MY but I'm afraid if Tesla won't put me back to the queue god knows how long it will take for the next shipment of cars from Shanghai to arrive.
you will need to nominate someone to pickup within 7days or your order can get cancelled that was told to me as i asked the same thing as i am travelling end of the month for work for 15days

Hello people

I ordered mine (standard range Model Y) in November 2022, when I ordered its says to be delivered Feb-May 2023, thing is I'm out of town, is there any chance Tesla will allow me to delay the delivery for a few weeks up to a month?
If not is it possible to ask Tesla to put me back in the queue? When is the next batch of model ys going to arrive in Oz?

you will need to nominate someone to pickup within 7days or your order can get cancelled that was told to me as i asked the same thing as i am travelling end of the month for work for 15days
Thanks for the input, but how would it work if someone were to pick it up for me? Wouldn’t you need to transfer the title to whoever that drove the car away on the sign over? That sounds like a lot of trouble. Does Tesla have some sort of system that allow you to nominate a proxy?

Another drone video of GIGAFactory Shanghai from Wu Wa.

According to him, the factory's target is 20,000 cars finished per week... So they're definitely ramping it up after CNY.
Interesting enough, if you put the video settings to 4K quality, you can see a lot of the cars being produced are LHD (around the 6:34 mark)
Happy Viewing (& Waiting)

Reactions: krylonos
Another drone video of GIGAFactory Shanghai from Wu Wa.

According to him, the factory's target is 20,000 cars finished per week... So they're definitely ramping it up after CNY.
Interesting enough, if you put the video settings to 4K quality, you can see a lot of the cars being produced are LHD (around the 6:34 mark)
Happy Viewing (& Waiting)
I see lots of dark colours. Maybe they are getting through the Black exterior orders. 🤞

300 standard model Ys, 200 model 3s. 3 weeks after the previous 499 Teslas arrived in Fremantle.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I couldn't see any other Tesla's on the dock during that pan. Given the distinctive glass roof you'd think you could pick them up. The reason it's interesting is - does that mean there's no backlog and they've now delivered all the cars from the last ship? If so then how long did it take them to hand out the last 500 vehicles?

(Also - what's with all the bright blue cars?! I counted 25+ and I don't think I've ever seen one on the road. Who's ordering those? And what sorts of cars are they I wonder?)

Is anyone in WA with MY Feb-May bracket seeing any VINs yet from this shipment? I'm in that group and I've got nothing from Telsa yet
The VINs from this shipment have all been assigned as far as I know. People on this forum with vehicles on that ship knew about it last month. If you don't have a VIN then your car hasn't been manufactured in, or left, Shanghai yet as far as I can tell. VINs seem to be assigned either coming off the assembly line or being loaded onto ships (there seems to be some variance in reports here).

Thanks for the input, but how would it work if someone were to pick it up for me? Wouldn’t you need to transfer the title to whoever that drove the car away on the sign over? That sounds like a lot of trouble. Does Tesla have some sort of system that allow you to nominate a proxy?
it is just a nomination for someone to pickup on your behalf, they just sent an SMS link to me for an online form to fill up

Correct me if I'm wrong but I couldn't see any other Tesla's on the dock during that pan. Given the distinctive glass roof you'd think you could pick them up. The reason it's interesting is - does that mean there's no backlog and they've now delivered all the cars from the last ship? If so then how long did it take them to hand out the last 500 vehicles?

(Also - what's with all the bright blue cars?! I counted 25+ and I don't think I've ever seen one on the road. Who's ordering those? And what sorts of cars are they I wonder?)
I would say there is still a few cars being delivered from the January 12th arrival but they won’t be on the dock. I believe the delivery rate is 50-70 cars per day. theres 467 cars in the main group and 33 just off to the side. Not sure of the bright Blue cars.