Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those who have recently gotten VINs for RWD, what date did you place order? Are we into the mid June period yet or still clearing Day 1 backlog? For those of us still waiting for a VIN, it’ll be really helpful if we can track the progression of order dates.
Almost everyone who's gotten a MY vin has been from June/July - massive backlog of orders from then to now.

Bugger, given i ordered in November I don't see how anything earlier than May is possible and even then that seems like a stretch as theres only so many ships arriving each month
To be honest it all depends on the configuration. I know first hand people like my neighbour that ordered in late June and got the car before Christmas due to someone cancelling their order (RWD black on black). It’s a bit the luck of the draw…

Almost everyone who's gotten a MY vin has been from June/July - massive backlog of orders from then to now.
I know there's a massive backlog. That's why I'm trying to determine more precisely when people have ordered. By way of example, if people past Day 1 are now getting orders regularly, it's not an exception anymore. If we have orders from late June that now have VINs, it gives those in early July hope that they will be in the next tranche.

So, for those who have gotten VINs that ordered after day 1, what date did you order? Please share so that the rest of us can see the progression through June/ July/ August orders

Not Sydney. Order 27 June here, no VIN yet. Does anyone agree that Sydney is last in deliveries?
I've heard of people around the 15th who now have VINs. Nothing from that late in June that I've seen yet. Very happy to be proved wrong though. Logically, I would expect a more sustained, visible progression once they get through the massive Day 1 backlog but either that's not happening or people are not sharing their information as well as I would have liked

For general information purposes (I tried to be as exact as possible) :

21-10-22 Ordered MY RWD no options (ie White exterior, black interior, 19" wheels)
21-12-22 Vehicle build date
10-01-23 "Vehicle Assigned" email
10-01-23 Ship carrying the car arrives in Singapore from Shanghai
16-01-23 "Delivery Approaching" email
20-01-23 Registration document ready
21-01-23 "Final Invoice" email
24-01-23 VIN added to RAV
25-01-23 Ship leaves Sinagpore
30-01-23 Ship arrives off Perth but doesn't dock
02-02-23 Ship docks at Fremantle
06-02-23 "Your Model Y is ready to be scheduled for delivery" text message
23-02-23 Delivery date (selected earliest available)

Hopefully that helps someone to work out where they are in the process. Looking now at the dates, it all happens pretty quickly really - less than a month from a vehicle being assigned to scheduling delivery.

21-10-22 Ordered MY RWD no options (ie White exterior, black interior, 19" wheels)

Hopefully that helps someone to work out where they are in the process. Looking now at the dates, it all happens pretty quickly really - less than a month from a vehicle being assigned to scheduling delivery.

Well Perth obviously has been cleared of all first month RWD orders ...and July , August and September?

Sydney still waiting on some first day RWD orders?

So Perth is quickest by months and Sydney is slowest by months? Everywhere else is in between.

So Perth is quickest by months and Sydney is slowest by months? Everywhere else is in between.
These days Perth is getting direct shipments and has a relatively small number of orders, so they either end up well ahead (when a new shipment is coming in, satisfying several months of orders in one go) or well behind (when they're waiting for enough orders to put a shipment together).

My finance guy from Macquarie just called me and said that my car due to land in Melbourne port on the 11th and Tesla has it logged to be arrive at the Melbourne service centre on the 21/2.
He said it’s usually 1 week after arriving at the service centre. So maybe delivery on the 28/2

Ordered a MYP white on black on the first day at 10:24am

Whilst I hope this is true its highly doubtful.

Paglia is not scheduled for Port Kembla until 4pm on 9th Feb (already 2 days behind sched) and that's saying there are no port delays (Brisbane was a 7 day delay to scheduled arrival). Armacup had the original arrival at the 14th Feb into Melbourne and it doesn't look like anything's running ahead of schedule. I've got my money or a Melbourne port arrival at the end of this month.

Turandot arrived into Melbourne port 5th Feb, it was scheduled to arrive 21st January, they are 2 weeks behind schedule.

Just received the below text message

Hi Jayden,

Due to significant port congestion resulting in vessel delays, we estimate your vehicle delivery may be delayed by up to 1-2 weeks. Visit your Tesla Account to view your current delivery estimate and complete any outstanding tasks:

We are working closely with our logistics partners to get your vehicle ready as soon as possible. Once a firm date is available, you will receive an SMS or Email inviting you to select your Express Delivery appointment.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Surprise surprise

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230207-145004.png
    Screenshot_20230207-145004.png
    361.1 KB · Views: 357
Reactions: singo79 and fizzle
Whilst I hope this is true its highly doubtful.

Paglia is not scheduled for Port Kembla until 4pm on 9th Feb (already 2 days behind sched) and that's saying there are no port delays (Brisbane was a 7 day delay to scheduled arrival). Armacup had the original arrival at the 14th Feb into Melbourne and it doesn't look like anything's running ahead of schedule. I've got my money or a Melbourne port arrival at the end of this month.

Turandot arrived into Melbourne port 5th Feb, it was scheduled to arrive 21st January, they are 2 weeks behind schedule.
I think your right I just got this text.

Attachments

• 3614A7EA-57D6-494A-BA68-13DBF239D9B3.jpeg
    3614A7EA-57D6-494A-BA68-13DBF239D9B3.jpeg
    513.1 KB · Views: 173

Super helpful. Thank you