Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
from the comments: "Chrome door handles and window surrounds are back ?
Every time there's a photo or video of Teslas being transported there's one of these comments.

It amuses me because it suggests they've been around the Tesla community long enough to know they used to have chrome handles and window surrounds and don't anymore, and yet this is the first time they've seen one of these images and don't know it's just tape.

I have a RWD, MSM with Induction wheels on order.

In the Wu Wa video last night, I saw lots of dark cars but hardly any MSM's. What has been people's experience with ordering optional colours? Are the stock standard cars easier to come by? I suspect it won't make much of a difference, if anything lot more people would be ordering the white colour.

I have a RWD, MSM with Induction wheels on order.

In the Wu Wa video last night, I saw lots of dark cars but hardly any MSM's. What has been people's experience with ordering optional colours? Are the stock standard cars easier to come by? I suspect it won't make much of a difference, if anything lot more people would be ordering the white colour.
In many countries flat black is now the base colour (all Asian RHD markets). We are lucky that the multi-coat pearl white (PW) is the base colour in Australia or we would be paying a similar price to multi-coat red. The two multi-coat colours have 4 layers of paint whereas the black, blue and silver have only three layers. Supposedly the reasoning behind offering the pearl white multi-coat as the base colour is that Tesla engineers convinced Elon that it is better at hiding production flaws than the other colours (which is true) and that way with most people buying PW there would be less criticism of Tesla's production standards (there were still lots of early production criticism, imagine even more reputational damage if they had stuck with black as the base colour).
As these standards have improved Tesla has moved to the base colour being black in many RHD markets. Australia is fortunate not have had this happen as it does cost more to produce the PW compared to flat black. (which still has a reputation for being soft and easily damaged with scratches swirls and dirt being an ongoing maintenance issue)

Reactions: JNTOZ and Tmill
Looks like Berth 2 is closed off according to schedule.

Paglia 13th March and Viking Passama now 18th March

If it makes you feel any better, Perth first MYPs are also now delayed. Their original schedule was Shanghai --> Singapore --> Fremantle with an arrival of 12th March which could have beaten you. But in an inexplicable move it's now going Shanghai --> Singapore (change ship) --> Laem Chabang/Thai (change ship) --> Fremantle which adds another 3 weeks and won't get here until 4th April.

It's a little frustrating as they were made at the same time as the NZ MYPs which are on a ship which stops in Fremantle on it's way to NZ and if the Perth cars were on the ship then they would arrive on 3/3.

We seem to be getting the dregs of the shipping options with no reason as our Port is functioning fine.

In many countries flat black is now the base colour (all Asian RHD markets). We are lucky that the multi-coat pearl white (PW) is the base colour in Australia or we would be paying a similar price to multi-coat red. The two multi-coat colours have 4 layers of paint whereas the black, blue and silver have only three layers. Supposedly the reasoning behind offering the pearl white multi-coat as the base colour is that Tesla engineers convinced Elon that it is better at hiding production flaws than the other colours (which is true) and that way with most people buying PW there would be less criticism of Tesla's production standards (there were still lots of early production criticism, imagine even more reputational damage if they had stuck with black as the base colour).
As these standards have improved Tesla has moved to the base colour being black in many RHD markets. Australia is fortunate not have had this happen as it does cost more to produce the PW compared to flat black. (which still has a reputation for being soft and easily damaged with scratches swirls and dirt being an ongoing maintenance issue)
c241b5a1-bb33-4524-aabf-d54e92b1b1eb-jpeg.531467

Looks like Berth 2 is closed off according to schedule.

Paglia 13th March and Viking Passama now 18th March
Yes makes sense, lots of Hoegh Trooper repairs/investigations on berth 2 which will be isolated from car unloading on the other two berths. Also sequential unloading of tesla ships rather than parallel as in the earlier schedule (implications for storage/transport resources I suspect). So we just hurry up and wait some more. My 3 march -24 march window in Tas just might make it as no delivery schedule centre step in melbourne maybe. Off Paglia then on a truck/ship to Devonport hopefully.

Yes makes sense, lots of Hoegh Trooper repairs/investigations on berth 2 which will be isolated from car unloading on the other two berths. Also sequential unloading of tesla ships rather than parallel as in the earlier schedule (implications for storage/transport resources I suspect). So we just hurry up and wait some more. My 3 march -24 march window in Tas just might make it as no delivery schedule centre step in melbourne maybe. Off Paglia then on a truck/ship to Devonport hopefully.
I’m hoping the same