Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I woke up to another EDD delay 🙄

Now March 6th - March 27th
Still a 3 week window, mine remains 26-31 March in Tas. Good luck with the 6th date, Paglia not due till12th last I looked. I am getting bored, the chase is nearly over, don't care which ships are leaving Shanghai, Wu Wa no interest any more, don't care when ships appear on the AIS , no guessing which build dates are on which ships, Chinese holidays and maintenance days - who cares. No Kia dodgy sales people to expose, yep started with an EV6 2 years ago got stiffed on that but landed in a better vehicle, 100% my good luck there especially now MYP has upgraded suspension. Now understand, car selling business better, LCT calculations, shipping schedules, AIS ship tracking, the world of youtube EV commentators, the lack of knowledge in general in the wide community, charging reality, anti EV psychos. My addiction/obsession is being relieved, will have to find a new hobby.

I woke up to another EDD delay 🙄

Now March 6th - March 27th
Mine stays unchanged…still 19 march to 9 April.

3AE55BD5-0752-4BAE-B457-0D1EA78D217A.jpeg

On a different note, batteries, LFP (the one in the RWD version) is
1. more stable, will probably last longer than nickel based ones, some say 2-4x
2. degrades about 10% and then stays fairly stable, but longer term 5Y plus testing data not available
3. can be charged to 100% unlike other batteries...since it is more stable, needs to go to 100% so range calcs can be done...(software needs full voltages)

After one year, the 2170 nickels will probably at 80% (15% degradation) vs 100% charge for LFP at 10% degradation...not be far off in terms of real world usage.

The new 4680 cells need less cooling and have higher density etc, and so will be a better battery for Tesla but maybe not you, unless you like speed of course (density and power). But the want to make cars for less, so less weight also impacts the show, and they'll put less battery in, less energy needed for weight and make more money per car!

Small point, but weight, in a crash is the #1 reason you want to be in a bigger car...inertia. Just saying.

Overall the LFP in the RWD might not be that bad an option.
I have had my m3p with 2170 nickel for 3 and a half years. Battery is around 93% of new.

I woke up to a nice surprise this morning:)

My original OD was for RWD on 24 June 2022. EDD Feb 23- May 23
I changed the order to MYP on 1 May 2023.
This morning I got updated with Letter of Authority for dealer to register the car with VIN etc and payment details. EDD now 20 May to 31 May 23.

There is no return details for the Letter of Authority for rego in my Tesla Account. Does anyone know where I send it to? or will Tesla inform me further?
1 May 2023?

On a different note, batteries, LFP (the one in the RWD version) is
1. more stable, will probably last longer than nickel based ones, some say 2-4x
2. degrades about 10% and then stays fairly stable, but longer term 5Y plus testing data not available
3. can be charged to 100% unlike other batteries...since it is more stable, needs to go to 100% so range calcs can be done...(software needs full voltages)

After one year, the 2170 nickels will probably at 80% (15% degradation) vs 100% charge for LFP at 10% degradation...not be far off in terms of real world usage.

The new 4680 cells need less cooling and have higher density etc, and so will be a better battery for Tesla but maybe not you, unless you like speed of course (density and power). But the want to make cars for less, so less weight also impacts the show, and they'll put less battery in, less energy needed for weight and make more money per car!

Small point, but weight, in a crash is the #1 reason you want to be in a bigger car...inertia. Just saying.

Overall the LFP in the RWD might not be that bad an option.
Trying to digest this. Shanghai produced Ys such as those coming to us right now get LFP batteries, right? But not yet 4860 cells? These are still mostly in the US coming out of Texas?

Trying to digest this. Shanghai produced Ys such as those coming to us right now get LFP batteries, right? But not yet 4860 cells? These are still mostly in the US coming out of Texas?
Correct, they seem to have ramp-up problems with 4860 so still relatively low volumes and only in US. Has been talk of a CATL battery coming but the factory is still being built in Shanghai

Only MY RWD get the LFP as the technology is not suitable for performance variants, can’t discharge quickly enough to provide the power required

So this is interesting. Armacup released their usual Friday updated schedule at Asia to Oceania | Armacup

I note that Don Juan and Morning Cherry do not seem to intend to dock at Melbourne but rather offload in Brisbane and Port Kembla and then transfer to another ship. The transfer is normal for stuff to go to Fremantle/WA but this is new for Melbourne.

My only guess is that they need to increase the turn around of the Armacup ships and can't have them waiting at Melbourne for weeks to get a birth so offloading Melbourne stock at Sydney. They could then go transfer ship, road or rail I guess if there is a quicker capacity that way.
Screen Shot 2023-03-03 at 1.40.59 pm.png