Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like I just got unlucky with choice of ships. Looks like the Tesla built that week went onto Mermaid Ace which dropped off at Singapore and is going to long way around, Brisbane last. Tesla's built a week later went onto Don Juan and bee lined to Brisbane. Makes the wait all that much harder.

It's a plausible theory. Have you tried putting your VIN into the Molace website?

Looks like I just got unlucky with choice of ships. Looks like the Tesla built that week went onto Mermaid Ace which dropped off at Singapore and is going to long way around, Brisbane last. Tesla's built a week later went onto Don Juan and bee lined to Brisbane. Makes the wait all that much harder.

You could actually be unluckier. Hard to believe, but true.
My car was on Mermaid Ace with your car and got booted off in Singapore. It's still sitting on the dock in Singapore until 27th March when it will be picked up by another ship and should get to Perth 4th April.
I had to watch Mermaid Ace dump my car then actually dock in Perth but not unload any Perth Teslas as it had jettisoned them all but still had Teslas for East Coast.
Perth sometimes gets the Black and Gold Brand shipping tier :(

It's a plausible theory. Have you tried putting your VIN into the Molace website?

Thanks for the tip!

Screenshot_20230323-203028.png

You could actually be unluckier. Hard to believe, but true.
My car was on Mermaid Ace with your car and got booted off in Singapore. It's still sitting on the dock in Singapore until 27th March when it will be picked up by another ship and should get to Perth 4th April.
I had to watch Mermaid Ace dump my car then actually dock in Perth but not unload any Perth Teslas as it had jettisoned them all but still had Teslas for East Coast.
Perth sometimes gets the Black and Gold Brand shipping tier :(
I can tell ACT has MYP stock, they have put an A4 paper on the glass door which says they have select models available.

• Funny
Reactions: AyRe

Oh your car is still in Singapore with mine. There is one batch of 100 for Perth there and another batch of 500 for Perth arrived the other day. Both the Perth lots are due to stay in Singapore for around 4 weeks. The second batch of 500 haven't been assigned a ship - they will be jealous you have one!
@Dannerz look who got Palmela!

• Funny
Reactions: Dannerz
Try your hardest to ignore the EDD, if you don’t have a vin by now expect May-June

Yep, I’ve more or less given up and looking at the second hand market. Ordered same date as you Trippy.

Not sure if this is common knowledge but heard someone today say they found some sort of bug in one of the ships coming in, hence the huge delays at the port as all cars having to be checked.