Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys I actually have written evidence from Tesla regarding the UMC issue as I asked them directly.

There are only 2 things to remember:
  1. All cars built up until February 2023 will come with a UMC regardless of order date.
  2. Those who ordered prior to the mid-2022 cutoff will get a UMC (or voucher) regardless of build date. This means if yours is built March 2023 onwards but ordered on day 1 (for example), you will get a UMC/voucher.
Hi spades,
That's correct. For people expecting to receive their VIN soon, it is unclear what their build date is, and therefore whether they get a UMC. Tesla can't tell me anything more than "maybe", which is why they suggested ordering a UMC now and sending it back if one does come with the car. If they suffer more delays, it is also possible that they will decide to be more generous with UMC's, vouchers, etc.

Seems like there are many Feb - May Edd still not receiving their vin, is that mean they haven’t build these car yet?
Yes normally it seems you get a hidden VIN and EDD moves within 2 weeks of being built. Unless you get a cancelled order.
It is state dependant as well and some people seem to jump the queue. No logic at all.
Think there are people still from July waiting so as a Nov order in Melb I say July-Aug now.

Hi spades,
That's correct. For people expecting to receive their VIN soon, it is unclear what their build date is, and therefore whether they get a UMC. Tesla can't tell me anything more than "maybe", which is why they suggested ordering a UMC now and sending it back if one does come with the car. If they suffer more delays, it is also possible that they will decide to be more generous with UMC's, vouchers, etc.
if you do not have a VIN or EDD change now.. the March built cars you assume on boats now.
Boats leaving 5th, 11th, 15th and 19th of April. So hopefully VIN's for everyone apart from Vic/SA and Tassie which are only on 19th Boat :(

How do you there’s no VIC/Tas/SA cars on the first three?
Only one boat currently heading to Melb.. So unless they start road freighting, swapping to other boats etc I say we have to wait to mid May.
4 boats in 3 weeks in April and 3 going QLD/NSW only. So hope the fourth that is coming to Vic via QLD loaded solid.
Not Tesla fault Melb port is stuffed.. Armacup got 3 ships stuck in Melb for weeks. I think one 6 weeks.
If you look at their schedule 6 boats in a row do not stop in Melb.
Tesla might work out something to ship them down from NSW.. Or might wait and not pay extra.

Last edited:
Only one boat currently heading to Melb.. So unless they start road freighting, swapping to other boats etc I say we have to wait to mid May.
4 boats in 3 weeks in April and 3 going QLD/NSW only. So hope the fourth that is coming to Vic via QLD loaded solid.
Not Tesla fault Melb port is stuffed.. Armacup got 3 ships stuck in Melb for weeks. I think one 6 weeks.
Tesla might work out something to ship them down from NSW.. Or might wait and not pay extra.

I believe there will be alternative arrangement and go back to the early 2022 methods of getting Teslas to southern states which was road transport.

There is also the options of
- using Molace ships which go anticlockwise Fremantle, Adelaide (so can drop cars off!!) then Melbourne (bypassing at moment but could get road from Adelaide to Melbourne/Tas), Sydney (send cars by road to Melbourne/Tas)
- use transhipment smaller boats and let them sit in the queue

Reactions: Davemcd
I believe there will be alternative arrangement and go back to the early 2022 methods of getting Teslas to southern states which was road transport.

There is also the options of
- using Molace ships which go anticlockwise Fremantle, Adelaide (so can drop cars off!!) then Melbourne (bypassing at moment but could get road from Adelaide to Melbourne/Tas), Sydney (send cars by road to Melbourne/Tas)
- use transhipment smaller boats and let them sit in the queue
I hope so really do.
Any boat coming into Melb getting delayed as 1 out of 3 Vehicle docks still has a boat stuck in it.
Once it moves if it ever does things hopefully get better.. Been there since 16th Feb.
Not Tesla fault although stuff things up.

Reactions: Way Downunder
Do you reckon if they are going to fulfilling the others state order 1st instead of VIC due to port issue?

Do you reckon if they are going to fulfilling the others state order 1st instead of VIC due to port issue?
no idea. I am just guessing. There be people who have a lot lot more knowledge than I do.
Arnacup schedule shows no ships to Melb to mid May.
Economically makes more sense to send cars where they actually get paid first. Not stuck waiting to dock.
Not like there is not long queues in QLD and NSW waiting for orders. Do you fill them first and also WA people as well.
Then even it up when Melb ports flow better that May boat could be full as skipping NSW.
So who knows how logically they do things :)

Tesla could also hire another ship not Armacup like they done before, although again unless Melb port returns to normal it will get stuck.
I know they used to send cars down from NSW.. Although they moving a lot more cars now. Would not be cheap to move 500+ by road.

Honestly done my head in tracing one ship for over a month with my Model 3 :) Was lucky enough to be told the ship.. Maybe ignorance is bliss.
When my Model Y built I probably just add a month to EDD and expect it then :)

The Don Juan docked in Brisbane a few hours ago. According to the Brisbane port schedule it will be unloading today & tomorrow, and departing tomorrow night.

My EDD is still showing as 3-24 April. I think the latter half of this range is realistic, though I predict Tesla will automatically slip the dates back into May before magically offering a delivery date before Anzac Day. 🤞

Reactions: Elite Display
It really is. I am going to go out on a limb and say that most of the Brisbane/ SEQ orders with an EDD of May 1-22 are probably in the same boat (pardon the turn of phrase).

For anyone out there with this EDD in SEQ, please confirm or correct if you think yours may differ!

It is indeed but not unheard of. Especially with Armacup ships tied up in Melbourne it's all about getting Tesla's on whatever ship they can get their hands on even if that means putting QLD as the last stop instead of the first stop.

Be grateful as you've 'hijacked' the Perth capacity for delivery and there is now no Perth teslas on that ship and the Perth cars will sit in Singapore for more weeks even though they were built before yours.

Anybody with an April or May EDD should check if their car is on this ship or another Ace. Palmela isn't scheduled to dock in Melbourne or Port Kembla

Screen Shot 2023-04-03 at 8.39.45 am.png