Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just checked Tesla manage vehicle webpage, my EDD was moved to May 21-June 11 whereas before it was April 28 - May 19. Anyone experiencing the same? Its a RWD MY.
Also can anyone confirm if MYs delivered in Australia doesn't come equipped with ultrasonic sensors anymore?
All Model Y have been coming with USS so far this year from what people have been saying/showing, including '23 builds. Some people are saying it's mandatory in China but unable to confirm as there was a demonstrator in Aus that didn't have them and also at least one M3 didn't come with them.

Hey Guys, My Tesla Phone App is showing my location incorrectly (it's showing my neighbour's address). I already set my correct location in the car's sat nav but can't seem to fix the phone app location. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I don't this has anything to do with the app, but rather GPS and Wi-Fi triangulation at your house as it influences your phones location.

Is there a reason this is a concern to you?

Some people are saying it's mandatory in China
It's nothing to do with China, the Shanghai factory has been making cars without ultrasonic sensors for the UK and Europe for about 6 months so they're capable of removing them for our market too if they want to. But we will get plenty of notice before it happens.

there was a demonstrator in Aus that didn't have them and also at least one M3 didn't come with them.
In Australia? That seems very unlikely.

Either someone confused the ultrasonics with radar (which was removed before the Model Y was released in Australia) or someone is trolling.

Mine was a July order, so you may some time to wait, probably not as long as I.
Experience tells me that your order date is unrelated to when you will allocated a car. I know people who ordered on day 1 of the Y being available here that are still waiting, and people who ordered in Feb 2023 who will have their car this month (April).
I ordered in mid October 2022, but grabbed an inventory vehicle in Feb which I will pick up on May 4th. I suspect I only gained a month or so by doing that, but the system is highly dysfunctional and your vehicle allocation is very much a lottery... :(

Reactions: tom_kauf
Bloody Chinese… why couldn’t Tesla have built a Japanese gigafactory?
Maybe because it appears that the Japanese have very little interest in BEV's!
I believe Tesla is tackling the pest problem at the Shanghai end and that all-Tesla ships have little or no problem that requires cleaning at this end, but the mixed-manufacture ships can cause problems, and regardless of the preventative work Tesla does, the cleaning required by other makes slows down the ports for everyone.

Reactions: Oct22
I'm not liking my chances of a Feb-May delivery for a November ordered MY RWD (Black/Silver) if August orders have an EDD through May. Normally i wouldn't care to much but i'm overseas for a large chunk of June and needed this delivered by 30/6 for tax reasons (accelerated depreciation)!

I'm not liking my chances of a Feb-May delivery for a November ordered MY RWD (Black/Silver) if August orders have an EDD through May. Normally i wouldn't care to much but i'm overseas for a large chunk of June and needed this delivered by 30/6 for tax reasons (accelerated depreciation)!
Same spec for me, ordered early Jan. Hope I get it by June for the same reason. Not looking good at this rate. Turandot was meant to have brought quite a few cars. Based on what I am reading, the cars are stuck in quarantine.

Model Y LR now available for order in AU

Quoted EDD is May – Jun 2023
YLR.jpg

And same for me - I was told when I asked Tesla about this that my car is on the Turandot which is currently doing donuts just outside the heads waiting to get into Melbourne port. It was supposed to dock on the 29th but I can see vicports now has it re-scheduled to the 7th of April

Turandot07/4/23 01:30Port KemblaWebb Dock 3 WestWilhelmsen Port Services (Aust) PTY LTD