Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't have too much input to this thread, but tomorrow I'll be leaving to pick my Model Y up! Many thanks for all the chatter and enthusiasm as it has made the waiting more than interesting. On a side note, I may be amongst the first to lift my model y, the all terrain tyres are being fitted to the wheels tomorrow! Take care and I may catch up with some of you at the meet ups, cheers.
Hi Jcan trust your pick up went well. I am MY white/white induction wheels ordered 17 June SYD. Checking if you got the UMC charger included for free as promised for all orders up to July last year? Look fwd to collecting 29 April here and trust get charger and battery is at 100% on pick up. Cheers

Hi Jcan trust your pick up went well. I am MY white/white induction wheels ordered 17 June SYD. Checking if you got the UMC charger included for free as promised for all orders up to July last year? Look fwd to collecting 29 April here and trust get charger and battery is at 100% on pick up. Cheers

I've got to assume Tesla will make good on their promise to include a UMC.

Just an interesting aside for anyone like me who has ordered a UMC - mine came with a superfluous CCS Combo 2 Adaptor (really only useful for people with old model S/X). When I asked about it, Tesla Sales realised their "might" have been a problem with the order. On closer inspection, it came with 8A and 12A tails, which is also not the current type. I am awaiting more information from Tesla, but assume they'll swap it, or send me the correct tails.

tl:dr If you order a UMC, check carefully if it's the right version.

Pick up went well at Miranda! The UMC was included along with USS on the bumpers. As expected, no cover over the trunk area (labelled as trunk and frunk on display). Almost forgot, on pickup the battery was on charge and only at 70% at time of departure... We made it home with no worries, but I was surprised it wasn't charged more. From default they have the charging set at 16Amp, be sure to change it higher if you can for home charging.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-04-16 at 19.30.35.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-04-16 at 19.30.35.jpeg
    255.9 KB · Views: 105
Pick up went well at Miranda! The UMC was included along with USS on the bumpers. As expected, no cover over the trunk area (labelled as trunk and frunk on display). Almost forgot, on pickup the battery was on charge and only at 70% at time of departure... We made it home with no worries, but I was surprised it wasn't charged more. From default they have the charging set at 16Amp, be sure to change it higher if you can for home charging.
That's great, jcan. It will be interesting to hear how the range goes on the all-terrain tyres. I gather from elsewhere it doesn't change the range much. I'm all for more robust tyres where possible.

Just an interesting aside for anyone like me who has ordered a UMC - mine came with a superfluous CCS Combo 2 Adaptor (really only useful for people with old model S/X). When I asked about it, Tesla Sales realised their "might" have been a problem with the order. On closer inspection, it came with 8A and 12A tails, which is also not the current type. I am awaiting more information from Tesla, but assume they'll swap it, or send me the correct tails.

The current UMC situation.

Build date 28/2 or prior - comes with a UMC regardless of order date.

Build date later then 28/2 - no UMC included, if order was placed before July 8th 2022, Tesla will email a voucher for $550 for the online store (was told this will be emailed when delivery date is booked in).

The current UMC situation.

Build date 28/2 or prior - comes with a UMC regardless of order date.

Build date later then 28/2 - no UMC included, if order was placed before July 8th 2022, Tesla will email a voucher for $550 for the online store (was told this will be emailed when delivery date is booked in).
Sure. I was just suggesting that people check whether they actually receive the correct kit. It appears that I didn't, since it had the wrong tails and a superfluous adaptor.

Just an interesting aside for anyone like me who has ordered a UMC - mine came with a superfluous CCS Combo 2 Adaptor (really only useful for people with old model S/X)
I've seen many reports like that.
The Model S / X needs internal upgrades to make use of that adaptor, so it's really only useful for people who paid for the CCS2 upgrade (or has a more recent model with the upgrade included) and then somehow managed to lose their adaptor.

Reactions: JonDarian

I met a few model Y owners back in December who had the CCS2 adaptor in the Car at delivery, someone at the factory is a bit confused.

Reactions: JonDarian
Not sure if anyone’s mentioned or tracking this for the east coast. Viking sea left shanghai a few days ago and due next week in port Kembla. Paganella also left this week and due in just over a week to Brisbane then PK. Good chance to see some fresh Q2 vins in the next 5 days for the east. Also a good chance Q2 vins could be delivered before my Q1 vin in WA if it does go smoothly lol
Interesting observation. Just curious how to find if a ship is carrying any Teslas. I hadn't heard of Viking Sea before your post. Looks like it's headed straight from Shanghai to Port Kembla, with hopefully plenty of cars.

I booked MY RWD in early April but now considering M3 LR AWD. I was told that I will lose the $400 deposit payment if I did that. In the grand scheme of things, it isn't much but wanted to ask if anyone managed to do such a change without losing $400?

Interesting observation. Just curious how to find if a ship is carrying any Teslas. I hadn't heard of Viking Sea before your post. Looks like it's headed straight from Shanghai to Port Kembla, with hopefully plenty of cars.
You can search through the threads and see if the ship name pops up but it’s all a guess until vins are assigned. Paganella for example is an armacup routine ship that most know sometimes carries tesla amongst other cars. Viking sea is different, it’s a molace ship which have carried teslas and has normal routes as well as chartered routes. The Shanghai - PK route isn’t new but it’s also not a normal route so dare say a car manufacturer or agency has chartered this ship and noting the timings could be carry teslas. Will have to wait and see.

Prestige ace left Shanghai around this time last quarter and was a molace ship on a direct to Melbourne and carried teslas

Reactions: LandJerky
I booked MY RWD in early April but now considering M3 LR AWD. I was told that I will lose the $400 deposit payment if I did that. In the grand scheme of things, it isn't much but wanted to ask if anyone managed to do such a change without losing $400?
I think the only way you can save this $400 is to sell your order before you pick up your MY RWD. But this will involves risks as well, such as tesla lower their MY prices, nobody wants to buy your order, etc. You can walk in to your local Tesla shop, see if they can help you modify your order.

Many of us did when the LR was released (I did) with no loss of deposit, but apparently that was open for a kimited time and expired just before Easter. No-one knows why but some were told the ability to change to LR and keep deposit expired on 11 April. I swapped on the first LR day and was told something different. Tesla makes all the rules but doesn't explain them.

Many of us did when the LR was released (I did) with no loss of deposit, but apparently that was open for a kimited time and expired just before Easter. No-one knows why but some were told the ability to change to LR and keep deposit expired on 11 April. I swapped on the first LR day and was told something different. Tesla makes all the rules but doesn't explain them.
Can't see why they would charge to change between trims but think OP is asking about changing from a Model 3 to a Model Y which can't be done online