Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
May 8-21 became May 8-28. I never had any expectation of delivery in the earlier part of the range, but would really like this to be finished by the end of May. Build date was 21 April. MYRWD, red, white, geminis, Queensland. Ordered late October.
Feeling the same, EDD April 30-May 21 now showing May 8-27. Really hoping that it gets delivered by May.

Red RWD Black/Geminis ordered 22/06/22 QLD, build date 5/3.

Feeling the same, EDD April 30-May 21 now showing May 8-27. Really hoping that it gets delivered by May.

Red RWD Black/Geminis ordered 22/06/22 QLD, build date 5/3.
May 8-21 became May 8-28. I never had any expectation of delivery in the earlier part of the range, but would really like this to be finished by the end of May. Build date was 21 April. MYRWD, red, white, geminis, Queensland. Ordered late October.
What's interesting about this is that you both have completely different build dates but the same EDD. I can't see how you are in the same colour batch despite both being red given your build dates are a month and a half apart. JonDarian, are you sure it's a 21 April build date? I don't even know which ship this could have been on to get here by now but you have gotten very fortunate if so!

Cable126 - Build date 5/3 - EDD 8/5 to 27/5 [June 22 order]
JonDarian - Build date 21/4 - EDD 8/5 to 28/5 [October 22 order]
Me - Build date also 5/3 - EDD 22/5 to 12/6 [July 22 order]

Also, what this shows is how quickly the orders are rolling down the curve, especially for the less popular colours. A June and October order both getting their vehicles at roughly the same time.

What's interesting about this is that you both have completely different build dates but the same EDD. I can't see how you are in the same colour batch despite both being red given your build dates are a month and a half apart. JonDarian, are you sure it's a 21 April build date? I don't even know which ship this could have been on to get here by now but you have gotten very fortunate if so!

Also, what this shows is how quickly the orders are rolling down the curve, especially for the less popular colours. A June and October order both getting their vehicles at roughly the same time.
Where do you think Melbourne orders have gotten, as in, what month orders are being delivered,

You know its funny....I keep test driving so many electric cars and they all have their issues or compromises (did the Kia and about to do the EQA Mercedes). The base Model Y seems to be the outright value proposition for me. - cost, practicality and I am used to the Tesla ecosystem already. 0-100 in 6.9 seconds is just fine - speed cameras everywhere anyway, don't want the big wheels and the range is fine (HK is a small place) given that you can charge it to 100% all of the time (LFP chemistry). Tesla Build quality has improved a lot since I bought my Model S in 2015 and the Shanghai factory seems to be one of the better factories in terms of consistency of fit and finish.

I can get over the lack of buttons, I can even get over the lack of Ultrasonic sensors and other weird Tesla idiosyncrasies. My biggest concern is the ride quality. But that is the only concern - I think the rest of the package is brilliant (which explains its immense international success). The problem is that this concern is particularly important because Hong Kong (Im an Aussie by the way) has terrible roads especially around where I live. This is why I am so eager to hear whether the ride has improved since 2022 (I only got to test a 2022 build where it was just too stiff). Due to tax reasons etc - I have to push the button on an EV purchase this year. Also, whether lowering the tire pressure to 38 or 39 PSI will help. So many comments here about the waiting list. I would love to hear more thoughts of people who recently received their Model Y to help my get a better understanding. (the Australian batch of cars is virtually identical to the HK batch by the way - both right hand drive China export models with the same specs). The HK forum is virtually non-existent - hence my obsession with the Australian one.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I am reading the final invoice correctly. I admit I can't understand the way Tesla's EDDs work. I don't even know why different colours and configurations should make that much if a difference.

I don't think I am lucky to wait 7 months for the car, especially when the indications from Tesla were that it would be considerably less. I do feel for you guys who have been stuck waiting a really long time, though. It makes no sense for a June order to still be waiting unless you changed configurations (MYP to MYRWD, for example) or similar. Hopefully cable126 takes delivery early in the predicted date range.

How the hell do you have the same build date, but a totally different delivery window? Did they run out of room and end up putting your car on a different boat? And then decide to row it to save fuel? Stories like yours make me pretty worried that my dates are going to turn out to be another work of fiction, but I can only wait and see.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230503-064403.png
    Screenshot_20230503-064403.png
    28.3 KB · Views: 50
There are four Tesla carriers waiting off Brisbane (Paganella, Palmela, Viking Passama, and Morning Crystal), together with several ships with other car makes. There's only one car carrier unloading at the dock in the Brisbane River, and it's not a Tesla boat.

I've been watching for a few days, and there's been no movement at all that I can see, other than Morning Crystal ( think, with my car!) joining the circus on about 30 April.

It will be weeks at this rate before all these ships are unloaded, and they'll all be late departing. So they're all going to be late arriving further south too.

Given this, it's not surprising that Tesla are having trouble scheduling deliveries around the country, and we can expect ongoing confusion with EDD shifts.

The long wait for your car is all part of the Tesla ownership experience. My wait was 10 months. Just get on with your life and enjoy it when it comes.
That's reasonable, but remember that some people need to complete the transaction before the end of financial year. Others are keeping an old car alive while waiting for the replacement. Some have sold their old car, and then the replacement is delayed... There are a lot of reasons why it can be difficult to "just get on with your life" when the delays are longer than indicated.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I am reading the final invoice correctly. I admit I can't understand the way Tesla's EDDs work. I don't even know why different colours and configurations should make that much if a difference.

I don't think I am lucky to wait 7 months for the car, especially when the indications from Tesla were that it would be considerably less. I do feel for you guys who have been stuck waiting a really long time, though. It makes no sense for a June order to still be waiting unless you changed configurations (MYP to MYRWD, for example) or similar. Hopefully cable126 takes delivery early in the predicted date range.

How the hell do you have the same build date, but a totally different delivery window? Did they run out of room and end up putting your car on a different boat? And then decide to row it to save fuel? Stories like yours make me pretty worried that my dates are going to turn out to be another work of fiction, but I can only wait and see.
So, I think the reason cable126 and I are on different ships is due to the colour. Mine is blue, theirs is red. So, my guess is that the blue batch was actually finished at a different time which means it was ready for loading at a different time. It may only be a matter of days but that may have been enough. Tesla produce and therefore ship based on batches, configurations and ports. So, a blue and a red produced on the same day are not guaranteed to end up on the same ship. This is my understanding gleaned from these forums - anyone else that knows differently please share.

I still can't for the life of me figure out how you have an EDD that you do. Morning Crystal, the last of the four Telsa carriers to arrive at Port of Brisbane only left China on the 19th of April. My only thought is that you were allocated a car and then a cancellation came up so you've been given another one without the invoice being updated to show the build date of the new vehicle.

Anyone else with suggestions?

Reactions: grizzlybear
Hi all, does anyone with build date 3/04 got delivery yet? If so, what’s the go on USS? Yay or nay?
Currently all Shanghai-made cars coming to Australia have the USS sensors installed and active. At the moment, no suggestion of that changing.
Re: delivery: little chance of people have a 3/04 build yet. With the significant and ever-changing port delays it looks like 6 weeks from build to delivery is the absolute minimum.
My personal example has been exceptionally bad: 31/01 build, delivery May 4th.

Reactions: RonDownUnder