Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Believe me, I am very aware of this possibility! TBD might mean Time Before Depression.

You have my commiserations. It is hard watching people who ordered after you apparently jump the queue. The order allocation system appears to be nearly random sometimes.
Meh, what are you going to do. Luck of the draw. There's June orders here that still don't have a vehicle so it's not like I'm the worst off. Better to look at a worse alternative than a better when dealing with first world problems.

I do hope that you're getting a vehicle freighted from Melbourne. If you get a delivery sms soon, you'll know for certain.

This feeds into a broader question I had about when vehicles show up in RAV. I'm assuming it's after unload or around that time rather than the first time that a ship hits an Australian port?

My car is on Palmela which has called into Perth and Adelaide before getting to Brisbane (still not docked) and I don't have an entry in RAV. So, unless Armacup do it differently to ACE, if it's in RAV now the entry must be based on an unload date. This means, for JonDarian, they've made the call that it's better to unload in Melbourne and freight up, presumably because it's not going to Brisbane but a direct delivery.

It's a curious thing and I guess a good illustration of what Vedaprime would offer over and above my public musings.

Of course, the alternative here is that they just haven't updated his EDD which means very shortly they are going to crush his spirits!
Yeh it's a good Q you raise and could genuinely be either way potentially but I think it's safe to assume it's unload date like you suggest. I'd be interested to know how Veda find that out too tbh.

I get the feeling that Tesla just pushed to get all cars on land ASAP and worry about transportation later given the fact that there were so many people waiting for cars and the Feb - May window was fast approaching an end. Four ships left Shanghai in 2 and a half weeks in April destined for Australia just with Armacup which is huge, no idea how many for MOLACE but obviously at least Palmela. It would certainly explain the mess around with everyone's delivery dates being delayed/changed for cars already in RAV for example.

Believe me, I am very aware of this possibility! TBD might mean Time Before Depression.

You have my commiserations. It is hard watching people who ordered after you apparently jump the queue. The order allocation system appears to be nearly random sometimes.

Have everything crossed for you that you get it soon, being on RAV is certainly a big step forward!

Reactions: JonDarian
Meh, what are you going to do. Luck of the draw. There's June orders here that still don't have a vehicle so it's not like I'm the worst off. Better to look at a worse alternative than a better when dealing with first world problems.

I do hope that you're getting a vehicle freighted from Melbourne. If you get a delivery sms soon, you'll know for certain.
I know why it works like this, but there is a certain irony in my low-emissions car sailing past my home town thousands of kilometres to Melbourne and then being transported (by road or sea) to Brisbane before being trucked over 1000km north!

I considered Vedaprime, and would have paid the money, but decided not too because it is apparently not super accurate and I really couldn't be bothered working out Discord just for the next few weeks.
I was similarly skeptical but paid the money the other day and glad I did. Turns out my educated guesses had been way off. Has given me more (not complete though) certainty around timeframes.

Reactions: JonDarian
Are you still expecting your car on Turandot and delivered by the end of May?
No. I expect it is on turandot and it will be delivered sometime in June while i am away, after turandot has berthed in brisbane. the only hope of a may delivery for qld cars is if they decide to unload some/all of turandot's vehicles in melbourne and send them by road (or rail? i dont know if rail is an option). my delivery window of 9-30 may changing to the TBD today finally killed off any hope i had for a may delivery.

Reactions: xavier2k3
No. I expect it is on turandot and it will be delivered sometime in June while i am away, after turandot has berthed in brisbane. the only hope of a may delivery for qld cars is if they decide to unload some/all of turandot's vehicles in melbourne and send them by road (or rail? i dont know if rail is an option). my delivery window of 9-30 may changing to the TBD today finally killed off any hope i had for a may delivery.
Sorry to hear that. Not knowing when to expect delivery does complicate future planning. I thought Turandot was due in Brisbane on the 15th, which would give you a fair chance at a May delivery.

I received my Novated Lease agreement and the Rental Rate is 9.15%, not knowing basically anything about Novated Leasing, this sounds very high.. My company only has 1 Novated lease company so i can't really leverage a better deal.. Does this rate sound right or is it very high?

I received my Novated Lease agreement and the Rental Rate is 9.15%, not knowing basically anything about Novated Leasing, this sounds very high.. My company only has 1 Novated lease company so i can't really leverage a better deal.. Does this rate sound right or is it very high?
Hi Ben,
My initial quote was 8.45% and waiting for them to give me a new one when I got the car in Mid June I think and the interest could be like yours since the 2 last rate increase .25% by RBA of my initial quote. I hope the 100%FBT will negate the rate disadvantage

Reactions: Ben MYBlack
Anyone please advise when can Morning Crystal make it to Port Kembla worst case. I am from Sydney and guess my ModelY is on it. Is it possible to get it delivered before EOFY?
I am in the same situation as you. All I can do is keep my fingers crossed. Nearly 10 ships to unload cars at Port Kembla before Morning Crystal. Will those cars cause any quarantine issues and get stuck in the yard there which might then potentially delay Morning Crystal? That is anybody's guess.

Edit: Just counted 20 ships to unload based on the schedule for Port Kembla, with MC not on the schedule yet. So it wouldn't surprise me if it is 25 ships before MC docks there.

Last edited: