Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone please advise when can Morning Crystal make it to Port Kembla worst case. I am from Sydney and guess my ModelY is on it. Is it possible to get it delivered before EOFY?
Brisbane port congestion has been a problem lately. Worst-case scenario is kind of like asking the linear dimension of a section of twine. Realistically, I think Tesla will push hard to deliver by EOFY. Even if delayed by a few weeks, you are probably ok. Unless biosecurity contamination is found, then all bets are off and everything is going to suck.

If you ask Tesla now, they will likely give you a standard response about how they are working closely with the transporters and you will receive an email when there is any news, i.e. they won't be able to tell you much.

I have read that a lot of the contamination problems were caused by cars sitting for a long time overseas before getting in their ships. That can't be true for Tesla, surely, and probably not for most other manufacturers. Does anyone know if that was the real cause.

Brisbane port congestion has been a problem lately. Worst-case scenario is kind of like asking the linear dimension of a section of twine. Realistically, I think Tesla will push hard to deliver by EOFY. Even if delayed by a few weeks, you are probably ok. Unless biosecurity contamination is found, then all bets are off and everything is going to suck.

If you ask Tesla now, they will likely give you a standard response about how they are working closely with the transporters and you will receive an email when there is any news, i.e. they won't be able to tell you much.

I have read that a lot of the contamination problems were caused by cars sitting for a long time overseas before getting in their ships. That can't be true for Tesla, surely, and probably not for most other manufacturers. Does anyone know if that was the real cause.
Just got an updated EDD from my Tesla App, 14 Jun - 30 Jun

Sorry to hear that. Not knowing when to expect delivery does complicate future planning. I thought Turandot was due in Brisbane on the 15th, which would give you a fair chance at a May delivery.
port delays at Brisbane unfortunately. Unless turandot gets to skip the queue it is in for a wait

Brisbane – Currently experiencing regular delays in Brisbane, due to berth congestion. Some vessels are also facing Quarantine-related delays during discharge, but also impacts non-affected vessels. Current delays are approximately 10 or more days

Looking for the same answer. I paid the $250 order fee and that was not deducted from my final amount due. Do you think this was due to the $250 price increase? My Order Agreement shows $49,990 while the current price is $50,240.
Tesla told me that this is normal that the full amount is paid.. then Tesla will refund the order fee back to the card it came from…hope this is correct.. still waiting for my car.

Picked up my car today. Has been an easy transition to the new way of driving. Unfortunately, it was only charged to about 58% and my UMC still hasn’t arrived (ordered last week). My connectivity also died. Called them up and had to book in a service (one week from today). Everything else was great. Handover was good. Car is wonderful and I’m looking forward to driving it more this weekend.

Picked up my car today. Has been an easy transition to the new way of driving. Unfortunately, it was only charged to about 58% and my UMC still hasn’t arrived (ordered last week). My connectivity also died. Called them up and had to book in a service (one week from today). Everything else was great. Handover was good. Car is wonderful and I’m looking forward to driving it more this weekend.
How did you find the ride quality compared to when you test drove it? Trying to get hints as to whether the ones delivered in 2023 have the comfort suspension.

How did you find the ride quality compared to when you test drove it? Trying to get hints as to whether the ones delivered in 2023 have the comfort suspension.
It has been awhile since we test drove the car, but I really enjoyed the ride quality. Have the inductions and definitely thought it was a really nice ride. I have a feeling it has comfort suspension but can’t confirm.

Reactions: JonDarian
I was really hoping it wouldn't come to that after seeing paul.mcl's EDD got changed to TBD, sorry to hear this. Hopefully the Armacup updated schedule sheds some light tomorrow on their updated planned movements to provide some clarity.
Thanks. Yeah, it's pretty disheartening. I told them before I ordered in October that I needed the car before EOFY (business purchase, tax deductions). Plenty of assurances then and since then that it would be fine. Now it might not be, and I may have to deal with trying to cancel despite already paying and doing everything they asked well in advance.

There have been so many instances of poor communication and misinformation from Tesla just in the ordering process. So much over-promising. It really has taken the shine off the experience of buying a new car.

Reactions: houdini
It has been awhile since we test drove the car, but I really enjoyed the ride quality. Have the inductions and definitely thought it was a really nice ride. I have a feeling it has comfort suspension but can’t confirm.
The only way to confirm would be to take a pic of the damper label to compare it with 2022 built MY's to see if its different like mentioned here. It seems they are coming with it now though based on this post Comfort suspension on MY RWD.

Thanks. Yeah, it's pretty disheartening. I told them before I ordered in October that I needed the car before EOFY (business purchase, tax deductions). Plenty of assurances then and since then that it would be fine. Now it might not be, and I may have to deal with trying to cancel despite already paying and doing everything they asked well in advance.

There have been so many instances of poor communication and misinformation from Tesla just in the ordering process. So much over-promising. It really has taken the shine off the experience of buying a new car.

Yeh you could forgive port delays as it can't be helped but it's Tesla's lack communication with updates that makes the experience worse. Stops you from knowing where you stand.

Last edited:
Reactions: JonDarian
I received my Novated Lease agreement and the Rental Rate is 9.15%, not knowing basically anything about Novated Leasing, this sounds very high.. My company only has 1 Novated lease company so i can't really leverage a better deal.. Does this rate sound right or is it very high?
Sounds high to me but seems like you always get stung with high rates from the lease finance companies. Plus they charge monthly management fees which basically amounts to an extra bit of interest

Reactions: Ben MYBlack