Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Quick question: my tesla model Y is scheduled for pick up tomorrow from Alexandria Sydney Store:

My novated lease company only made payment at mid-day today (super late....I'm pretty annoyed at them) and provided me with a remittance slip which I provided to Tesla. I just spoke to the SA and funds are still yet to clear to Tesla's account.....so technically I can't pick up my vehicle yet.....

Tesla are going to call me in the morning to tell me if funds have gone through, but I'm just wondering has anyone else been in this situation? is the remittance note enough normally to collect the vehicle? Or do funds with austra clear go through in the evening? The SA didn't seem to know.

The time frame is super tight and I'm travelling 200kms to Sydney to pick up this car....I don't want to rock up and find out that I'm not allowed to pick it up....

Any last minute advice would be greatly appreciated.

I ordered a standard RWD back in November, to pick up in sydney. I'm certain my vehicle was on the Viking Sea in Port Kembla

Thanks!

Hi all,

Quick question: my tesla model Y is scheduled for pick up tomorrow from Alexandria Sydney Store:

My novated lease company only made payment at mid-day today (super late....I'm pretty annoyed at them) and provided me with a remittance slip which I provided to Tesla. I just spoke to the SA and funds are still yet to clear to Tesla's account.....so technically I can't pick up my vehicle yet.....

Tesla are going to call me in the morning to tell me if funds have gone through, but I'm just wondering has anyone else been in this situation? is the remittance note enough normally to collect the vehicle? Or do funds with austra clear go through in the evening? The SA didn't seem to know.

The time frame is super tight and I'm travelling 200kms to Sydney to pick up this car....I don't want to rock up and find out that I'm not allowed to pick it up....

I ordered a standard RWD back in November, to pick up in sydney. I'm certain my vehicle was on the Viking Sea in Port Kembla

Thanks!
That sounds tough, sorry. It sounds like your leasing company have put you in a bind. I would be doubtful of being able to pick the car up. I think if it was me, I would be phoning before travelling the 200km (assuming the timing works out). Good luck.

Reactions: meloccom
Yes, in case of a write off, it doesn't just cover the car but the extra $21k to payout the lease or whatever it is. Agree it's overpriced but for peace of mind, i'm happy to pay a bit more then next year lower the cost.
You're right, they include it as misc and pay you back for the insurance prem. My Sales person said it had to be a yearly premium but who knows if that is true or not...
Why would you worry about the write off? Since you supposed to claim a new car within 2 years, right?

Luxury Lease Impact Cost A lease is classified as a luxury lease when the amount financed under the lease is greater than the luxury taxation limit (currently $59,136). Novated leases which have a finance value greater than $59,136 are treated differently for tax purposes. This treatment imposes additional costs on your employer due to the tax deduction foregone. This cost will form part of your standard payroll deduction for your lease vehicle. This cost should not be confused with the Government imposed taxation surcharge which is payable as part of the vehicle purchase cost and shown separately on your quotation as part of the capital cost of your lease e.g. Luxury car tax.
The "Car Limit" is now $64,741 as per the ATO.

Reactions: Stuart2023
My MYRWD, OD 3/3; final invoice showing build date 26/4. and also VIN appears in RAV from yesterday. Not sure which ship is it on, seems close 😎
it's on Grand Eagle. You should be "getting delivery" approaching SMS when the ship docks at Port Kembla on 30th May.
1684445072050.png

Thank you for the writeup on your delivery and congratulations on the new car! Bit of a long shot, but any chance I could get my hands on a D Quartz kit through you? Happy to pay of course.
Have you applied ceramic coating before? I’m happy to order it from Waxit and ship them to you if you are comfortable applying it. It has a different curing time and application. I will be able to tell you more tomorrow when I apply it to my car.

Have you applied ceramic coating before? I’m happy to order it from Waxit and ship them to you if you are comfortable applying it. It has a different curing time and application. I will be able to tell you more tomorrow when I apply it to my car.
Hi GB, I watched some videos about Autoglym, is it really as simple as wash, dry, prep and apply? I'm a bit hesitant to DIY as it may damage the paint if not done properly? Any insight you can offer, given your experience with it? Or is it different from product to product? Thanks in advance.

Agree - sound system is fantastic. Tip: you can adjust level of surround sound. Even has auto function. From memory by default is off - suggest set to on when collect your new MY 🎶🎵🎶
I agree. The best sound system I have ever experienced in any vehicle. There was another post on customising the equaliser. I haven’t read it personally but my partner read it from TMC and set it up. It’s slightly better than the default.

Reactions: JNTOZ
Hi all,

Thanks!
My first transfer cleared in 24 hours and the final transfer cleared in roughly 4 hours.

But your case, it’s very tight and unpredictable. Hope the funds clear and you are able to pick up your car.

Good luck and keep us posted.