Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All Australian delivered cars still come with USS
All signs point to that, I agree. Except that no LRs have arrived yet, the ANCAP safety report for the Model Y was updated in May, and the SA's don't _really_ know anything.

So it would be nice to confirm - it's one benefit of the Melbourne folks getting theirs first. (It's important to me, a reason I would swap to MYP).

All signs point to that, I agree
In every other market the buyer had to agree to accept their car without USS before a VIN was allocated.

TeslaVisionEU.png

Last year Aussie Model 3 owners got a similar one about the radar being deleted, but nobody has received one about the ultrasonics yet.

You can be 100% sure that as soon as the first Aussie gets notified about losing USS it will be all over this forum, WP, facebook and the usual "news" sites too (thedriven, "car expert" etc)

So the camera and USS will work hand in hand and we have double protection?
Yep, while driving along the highway the display renders the cars it sees in the other lanes, plus I get the little coloured flashes from the ultrasonics showing distance from them (or from the guardrail etc)

And I get distance measurements when parking, plus the autopark (with Enhanced Autopilot) works.

Reactions: hillgun
Yep, while driving along the highway the display renders the cars it sees in the other lanes, plus I get the little coloured flashes from the ultrasonics showing distance from them (or from the guardrail etc)

And I get distance measurements when parking, plus the autopark (with Enhanced Autopilot) works.
Thanks heaps, I wonder how the new park vision pack works when it can take data from both USS and camera and which one it trusts.

How have you found the EAP features like autopark and summon? It is a big expense, but I can see my wife valuing autopark if it is reliable. Summon sounds like a fun toy, but I assume it would only be really useful in a few limited circumstances. I would be interested to hear your review.

That number has now increased.

Sounds like we're on the same boat. It's going to be awhile so hang tight buddy.

The number is now up to 25 at Port Kembla. Grand Eagle is 25th in the queue.
There's no way in hell it docks on 05/06. A more realistic date would be 18/06.

What proof did you need to provide to your leasing company to push them to pay?
omg 25th... nightmare. Its going to be weeks.
Cant they just pop up to Brisbane and unload our cars while they wait. still probly make it back there with a week to spare hahaha

How have you found the EAP features like autopark and summon? It is a big expense, but I can see my wife valuing autopark if it is reliable. Summon sounds like a fun toy, but I assume it would only be really useful in a few limited circumstances. I would be interested to hear your review.
I've only tried Autopark a couple of times so far. The first time it did a decent job, the second time it abandoned halfway through.

Standard summon (forwards/backwards) works OK. I haven't had an opportunity to test smart summon properly, I have concerns about the reports I see of it hitting kerbs etc. Hopefully Tesla will start using the FSD Beta stack for autopark and smart summon soon, and they will improve.

The main reason I got EAP was for the auto lane change because I spend most of my time on 6 lane highways. It works even better than I expected.
I'm not talking about the NoA, which is crap. But simply indicate, the car will find a gap and move into it, and then turns off the indicator. Magic.

• Informative
Reactions: JonDarian
MYLR / White Paint / Black interior / 20’’ Induction Wheels
Order Date: 14/4/23
Vin Assigned & Final Invoice Received: 23/5/23
Build Date: 6/5/23
EDD: June 19 - June 30 (Brisbane)

Based on the current rate and threshold, I'll have to pay $355 for the LCT. As my EDD is at the end of June, do you reckon Tesla would allow me to postpone the actually delivery date to avoid the LCT if it is delivered after 1 July?

I've also received the registration document. Should I hold off on the final invoice payment and signing the registration document until a more accurate delivery date is confirmed?

This is my first post here, but I've been reading a lot and I've learnt a lot in this waiting room. Thanks everyone in advance for your valuable experience and expertise!:)

1.png

Reactions: Stuart2023