Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There was a 3 rwd showing up as Briz inventory, might have more luck with that coming in before eofy?
At the time of ordering my MY, I could have ordered an in stock M3, but foolishly believed the EDD and the person I spoke to at Tesla that the MY would be delivered before EOFY. While I'm sure inventory stock will come quicker, my understanding is that inventory doesn't mean it's sitting around ready to go. It just means it's on a ship heading to your location. So changing at this point might mean I get my second pick and still miss EOFY. Planning with accountant to assume I will not get delivery before EOFY. Then I'll decide what to do next FY.

Reactions: JonDarian
Grand Eagle delayed at PK again until Fri 9th.

This time as new boats (!) seem to be berthing before it. How do ports even work.
They have lots of issues including some data issue 😂
1685503417325.png

Reactions: undefined_boat
They have lots of issues including some data issue 😂
View attachment 942627
That's why I rely on the AAT birthing schedule for port kembla document. I highlighted the PK website issue a few weeks ago.

AAT schedule is updated every weekday. Takes two days for that data to flow through to the PK website, even then riddled with errors as above.

The AAT link changes every day. Latest is Gand Eagle docks on the 9th and Morning Crystal on the 10th.

Congrat to all receiving in Briz, you've had a long wait! I didn't order in briz till mid April, edd 19th to 30th June. Have vin but not listed in RAV yet. So unless there's a ship coming straight into Bris shortly, I can't see me getting by June 30... :(

I didn't order in briz till mid April, edd 19th to 30th June. Have vin but not listed in RAV yet. So unless there's a ship coming straight into Bris shortly, I can't see me getting by June 30... :(
Viking Paglia is on its way to Brisbane now, supposed to arrive on the 3rd - it's coming from Auckland, Brisbane will be its first Australian port.

Morning Cherry is waiting to get into Melbourne (also its first Australian port of call) now with Brisbane its next stop after that.

Viking Paglia is on its way to Brisbane now, supposed to arrive on the 3rd - it's coming from Auckland, Brisbane will be its first Australian port.

Morning Cherry is waiting to get into Melbourne (also its first Australian port of call) now with Brisbane its next stop after that.
Thanks Cafz, hope is not totally lost for this one then... fingers crossed

Picked up my blue Y RWD from Southport today. 307 days from order to delivery. Lotsa cars there and more being unloaded as I was taking receipt of mine. Tesla folks telling me they're delivering ~20+ per day at present, most of which look to be Ys. I had to manouevre around a vehicle carrier just to get out onto the street. Hopefully the rest of you that are sweating on cars can get them soon!

Picked up my blue Y RWD from Southport today. 307 days from order to delivery. Lotsa cars there and more being unloaded as I was taking receipt of mine. Tesla folks telling me they're delivering ~20+ per day at present, most of which look to be Ys. I had to manouevre around a vehicle carrier just to get out onto the street. Hopefully the rest of you that are sweating on cars can get them soon!
Great that you finally got yours. I read today that Tesla are delivering 85% model Y and 15% model 3 at the moment, so your observation sounds right.

I know this is nothing new here for the folks on this message board, but another recent write-up on the cluster at Port Kembla, an obvious yet rarely mentioned reason why the ports aren't coping (manufacturing), and the adverse tax implications for those of us who have no control over any of it.

Last edited:
I know this is nothing new here for the folks on this message board, but another recent write-up on the cluster at Port Kembla, an obvious yet rarely mentioned reason why the ports aren't coping (manufacturing), and the adverse tax implications for those of us who have no control over any of it.

Wow, interesting. Thank you for providing that link, I certainly learnt a bit!

Reactions: Red Man

Congrats! Did you happen to see a red LR Y? Mine was delivered to Southport yesterday and I am picking up tomorrow. Can't wait :)

Reactions: JonDarian