Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MolACE Search <--- Try this Molace search site. Change the 'Search By' selection to VIN then copy your vin number into the box. If it doesn't come up then its not on Molace.
The other shipping agent used is Armacup. They don't have a search facility so you have to take an educated guess by looking at the build date and find what ship left Shanghai just after that, say 3 to 5 days after.
Our VIN doesn't come up on Molace - is this because the RAV has already been assigned and it's off the ship?
Build 24/4
RAV 18/5
MYLR
Est Delivery 11-30 June

Suggestion above that it is on Grand Eagle but then should it show up on MolACE?

Our VIN doesn't come up on Molace - is this because the RAV has already been assigned and it's off the ship?
Build 24/4
RAV 18/5
MYLR
Est Delivery 11-30 June

Suggestion above that it is on Grand Eagle but then should it show up on MolACE?
As Tmill said, most likely not with MolAce. Most shipments seem to be with Armacup, which Grand Eagle is with, so won’t show up on the Molace search.

Well i bit the bullet and inserted payment option
And immediately the application for registration appeared under documents with VIN number

But delivery date instead of June 11-30 is now June 16-30

Ordered Red MYRWD 01 April 2023
Changed to MYLR 4 April 2023 as soon as the Australian MYLR dropped
Build date April 2023
RAV date of entry 18/5/23

Was hoping to get it before EOFY but not looking promising. Unless its been off loaded in Melbourne (Grand Eagle departed Melbourne on May 21)
There is a black inventory new MYLR but because the LCT > $0 ($85) it is a non starter

Last edited:
Reactions: JonDarian
Great to hear ! Would love it you could let us know if the suspension is the comfort one ? :)

Loving the new Y! It definitely feels as though it has comfort suspension, softer than the Model 3 it replaced. Unfortunately no performance boost available yet :( Wonder how long before that becomes available.
IMG_1239.jpeg
IMG_1241.jpeg

It definitely feels as though it has comfort suspension, softer than the Model 3 it replaced
Hi Alicia

Would you mind taking some pics of the dampers? (aka "shock absorbers")

The rear one should be visible through one of the gaps in the wheels

1685776101054.png
1685776176791.png

And for the front you need to turn the steering wheel to full lock and move your camera / phone in

1685776238349.png
1685776326452.png

Last edited:
Reactions: SR22DRIVER
Newbie here but waiting for MY in Sydney. Anyone has any idea if I request delivery to be sent to Canberra, whether it will be quicker or take longer. Really want it delivered by EOFY but will be in Canberrafor work during week days and with the delays for grand eagle, 24 June (last Saturday in this financial year) seems improbable so at least i can hope for delivery mid week. Thank you kindly.

Newbie here but waiting for MY in Sydney. Anyone has any idea if I request delivery to be sent to Canberra, whether it will be quicker or take longer. Really want it delivered by EOFY but will be in Canberrafor work during week days and with the delays for grand eagle, 24 June (last Saturday in this financial year) seems improbable so at least i can hope for delivery mid week. Thank you kindly.
I don't really know, so maybe check with Tesla directly, but the issue seems to be getting cars through the port and onto a car carrier more than processing them through the Tesla delivery centre. Adding a trip out to Canberra seems like it would be slower. If you have a friend or relative who can collect for you on a weekday, you are allowed to nominate them.

I don't really know, so maybe check with Tesla directly, but the issue seems to be getting cars through the port and onto a car carrier more than processing them through the Tesla delivery centre. Adding a trip out to Canberra seems like it would be slower. If you have a friend or relative who can collect for you on a weekday, you are allowed to nominate them.
Thank you. I will ask the SA.