Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why would you need the invoice reissued?
I believe if the invoice is prior to 30 June then the 2023 LCT threshold applies even though the vehicle was delivered after the EOFY. The evidence required by the Ato is always the tax invoice. Obviously if the LCT =0 then it does not matter. I would not want a tax invoice which has LCT > 0 as a line item. I don't want to have to explain to the ATO that the vehicle was not "delivered" until July. Hence the "grey area" I spoke of.

Also the total amount payable would also change if LCT was > 0 before EOFY but then goes to zero when the clock ticks over on 1 July. I would want a proper tax invoice

Last edited:
Reactions: lonertic
I believe if the invoice is prior to 30 June then the 2023 LCT threshold applies even though the vehicle was delivered after the EOFY.

I would not want a tax invoice which has LCT > 0 as a line item. Also the total amount payable would also change if LCT goes to zero when the clock ticks over on 1 July
Fair enough if the values on the invoice are actually different.

It won't affect me because I am taking delivery before EOFY or nothing, I was just wondering what the difference would be, because I was assuming the date would be the only thing to change.

was just wondering what the difference would be
LCT of $205

I reckon Elon smart to make only the vanilla MYLR LCT0 is to sell as make vanilla cars as possible. Making the MYLR+ the optional extras LCT0 might reduce his production line efficiency. Much quicker to make them all vanilla and pump them out before EOFY. Not that EOFY matters to him, it matters to customers like you and I.

Last edited:
Another data point.

Ordered MYLR Ext W + opt Int W (just over LCT): 5/5
VIN assigned via invoice. Hidden VIN not assigned.
Last EDD update is today 23/6 to 8/7. was jun 6-27 then jun 17 - jul 04, then jun 18 - jul 03
RAV: 5/6
Need DD and invoice post EOFY due to FBT/LCT rules so will delay.
Requested delivery in july, SA said cant control it.
Latest update is good news.
Don't know which ship. Assume its coming in via PKL and transporter.

HTH someone.
I'm in a similar situation. EDD is 19/6 to 30/6 (Brisbane). Hope to get it on or after 1 July to avoid the LCT as I ordered the 20" induction wheel. That's a saving of $355 based on my final invoice.

I haven't requested delivery in July yet, as the actual delivery date could be delayed to July. However, if my car is ready for pickup in June, I wonder if we can still request to postpone the delivery date. As I read in the Order Agreement, it says " You agree to schedule and take delivery of your Vehicle within one week of this date." I hope this means, as long as our actual delivery date is on or after 24 June, we could postpone it to 1 July. What do you think?

Grand Eagle is repositioning - hopefully in prep to dock later this evening once AAL Shanghai leaves. Unfortunately, my EDD for Sydney delivery (Chatswood) got pushed to Jun 21 - Jul 12 like so many others......still....progress (?)
1686719783836.png

I'm in a similar situation. EDD is 19/6 to 30/6 (Brisbane). Hope to get it on or after 1 July to avoid the LCT as I ordered the 20" induction wheel. That's a saving of $355 based on my final invoice.

I haven't requested delivery in July yet, as the actual delivery date could be delayed to July. However, if my car is ready for pickup in June, I wonder if we can still request to postpone the delivery date. As I read in the Order Agreement, it says " You agree to schedule and take delivery of your Vehicle within one week of this date." I hope this means, as long as our actual delivery date is on or after 24 June, we could postpone it to 1 July. What do you think?
I thought the LCT threshold was $89,332. How did ordering the 20" Induction Wheels help you avoid the LCT? It would well under the LCT regardless, assuming you ordered a RWD.
The driveaway price of the LR with inductions is $89,459 so you'd be over the July 1, 2023 LCT threshold.

LCT of $205

I reckon Elon smart to make only the vanilla MYLR LCT0 is to sell as make vanilla cars as possible. Making the MYLR+ the optional extras LCT0 might reduce his production line efficiency. Much quicker to make them all vanilla and pump them out before EOFY. Not that EOFY matters to him, it matters to customers like you and I.
With the new LCT limits from 1 Jul, you can purchase almost any MYLR model

Reactions: Quickst
For those with Novated Leases, just heard back from my provider that if I take posession after 1st of July, it will benefit me slightly more due to the car now sneaking under the higher car limit for 2023-24. Even though the interest rate will be .25% higher, my monthly repayments will be $20 cheaper and my residual to purchase the car will be $200 less. (This is based on my circumstance of 1 year novated lease, base white model Y, 37% tax bracket)

One positive thing from all of these delays at least.

Reactions: MYLRSC and Quickst
For those with Novated Leases, just heard back from my provider that if I take posession after 1st of July, it will benefit me slightly more due to the car now sneaking under the higher car limit for 2023-24. Even though the interest rate will be .25% higher, my monthly repayments will be $20 cheaper and my residual to purchase the car will be $200 less. (This is based on my circumstance of 1 year novated lease, base white model Y, 37% tax bracket)

Oh maybe I should check this with my NL company. Thanks for the info!

my EDD for Sydney delivery (Chatswood) got pushed to Jun 21 - Jul 12 like so many others......still....progress (?)
Mine remains sticky 16-30June.
I'm resigned to it changing...

Grand Eagle is repositioning
It's been repositioning off Port Kembla since 23May.
The sea currents causes it drifts and has to reposition from time to time.
The tracking below is just for today
E49F24AB-EFEE-46F9-B1CC-4D2C4DEC7CA1.jpeg

Last edited:

Assume you mean the depreciation limit of $64k going up to $68k
Previously limited GST claims to $5885 and now would be $6191 - which affects both the lease payments/residual as well as the luxury vehicle adjustments

For my MYLR on a 12 month term that puts me $800 better off overall

They do the assessment online after you submit everything required for your trade-in request. I heard nothing from them after two months, so I ended up calling my SA to get them work on my trade-in assessment and got the offer in an hour after the call. I think it usually takes much quicker. They do the physical check on the delivery date.
Wow. Physical check on delivery date. I wonder what happens if your car doesn’t pass then? Bit late to knock off trade in values as we would have had to pay for the Tesla in full by then.