Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, I’ve just been pushed back to the same dates (June 21 to July 12). Was also on June 12 to June 30 before. Probably doesn’t help that I asked them to reactivate the trade in option.
I asked them to reactivate the trade in option too.
Just got my assessment and its $4k less than what they quoted me 6 weeks ago. The fact of the matter is that the value keeps dropping because of the delay in car delivery. So I've asked if they could do a bit better on the trade in quote....

Just got my assessment and its $4k less than what they quoted me 6 weeks ago. The fact of the matter is that the value keeps dropping because of the delay in car delivery. So I've asked if they could do a bit better on the trade in quote....
Let us know how you go with that. Yeah I’ve noticed the massive drop in trade in values too… 😩

Sell it privately?
Can anyone who ordered a Tesla charger recently share the lead times for delivery?
2 days (Sydney)
Thanks. I am paying $1760 with a 30M run from the switchboard through the roof.
Final price $1080
35M
3 phase 20amp with cut off switch in garage and upgraded cables 10mm2 (after a Tesla approved electrician quoted over $2500)

Reactions: Tmill
I heard about it as well before and that person ended up selling it in CarSales and snapped in few hours with higher price than offered by Tesla (actually an auction house third party)
I guess I am going to be that person too. Tesla quoted me 48k at first then offered me 40k after assessment which is a huge difference.. I then put my car through carsales and one of the toyota dealer offered me 43k after inspection. Not much but still a better deal.

Reactions: BabyTyrone
Ordered MYLR Ext W + opt Int W (just over LCT): 5/5
VIN assigned via invoice. Hidden VIN not assigned.
yeh if u could hold it off till after EOFY that'll work for u... lucky u, that was a bit risky ordering above LCT in the first place in case the car arrives early. But make friends with your SA and see if they can reissue invoice post 1-Jul... my SA hinted someone (maybe accounts?) could have the discretion to do that but i imagine it'd be on a case by case.. My requeued order was a week after u but I sitll havent got invoice/VIN yet. According to my SA, over 2000 orders were placed in that week. So I'm at least a whole shipment behind you. I'm definitely an FY24 car then.

I guess I am going to be that person too. Tesla quoted me 48k at first then offered me 40k after assessment which is a huge difference.. I then put my car through carsales and one of the toyota dealer offered me 43k after inspection. Not much but still a better deal.
When did Tesla do the actual assessment on the vehicle? Like how many days before delivery date approximately? I am guessing it was a physical assessment somewhere?

When did Tesla do the actual assessment on the vehicle? Like how many days before delivery date approximately? I am guessing it was a physical assessment somewhere?
They do the assessment online after you submit everything required for your trade-in request. I heard nothing from them after two months, so I ended up calling my SA to get them work on my trade-in assessment and got the offer in an hour after the call. I think it usually takes much quicker. They do the physical check on the delivery date.

Let us know how you go with that. Yeah I’ve noticed the massive drop in trade in values too… 😩
The trade-in rep said european second hand market demand has dropped a lot, however out of good will he put it up by $1k more. Not a bad outcome, but decided to reach out to sgfleet to see what they have to offer (as my current trade in offer expires next Thursday).
Sell it privately?
I could, but I dont want to deal with it. I've done the carsales instant sale too and its way low. The quotes from sgfleet and tesla were still better. Might get a little more from private sale, but I am honestly not going to bother. So much uncertainty and don't have the time, especially on weekends.

yeh if u could hold it off till after EOFY that'll work for u... lucky u, that was a bit risky ordering above LCT in the first place in case the car arrives early. But make friends with your SA and see if they can reissue invoice post 1-Jul... my SA hinted someone (maybe accounts?) could have the discretion to do that but i imagine it'd be on a case by case.. My requeued order was a week after u but I sitll havent got invoice/VIN yet. According to my SA, over 2000 orders were placed in that week. So I'm at least a whole shipment behind you. I'm definitely an FY24 car then.
Why would you need the invoice reissued? If you pay and take delivery after July 1, it's a FY2024 purchase, regardless of when the invoice was issued.