Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just doing the school run today when I noticed a black MYLR on Sydney roads.
Thought I saw the same yesterday too around St Peters/Alexandria. Black with dual motor badge so thought it's either a P without the red underline, interstate, or a sneaky early delivery

There was one person in GC who received their MY LR a couple of weeks ago (before GE/MC) so potentially other LRs were on that boat

Yes Im considering cancelling on 29 June if I cant get a vehicle.
The only benefit is getting a "non vanilla" MLLR and not hit the FBT limit

Yes, but don't have to cancel the June order to get the FY24 increase in the limit if the vehicle arrives 1 Jul
Yep, complete vanity on the 'non vanilla' as you say - was vaguely costing up things like wraps, wheels etc, and suddenly the order fee felt like relative small change. Will have a look and see if there are any in the inventory come 1 July, or may have just volunteered myself to the back of the queue!

Reactions: Quickst
RWD, black, Alexanderia. Guess your car is on morning crystal. Check the RAV date
My rav is 18 may, so pretty sure it was on grand eagle.
Rwd, Chatswood.
The two persons who received delivery txt already incl yourself from grand eagle batch have alexandria delivery centre...

When you got the delivery sms, was it system generated or from tesla rep?
How did you choose the time slot? Reply to the sms?

Reactions: LWR15K
My rav is 18 may, so pretty sure it was on grand eagle.
Rwd, Chatswood.
The two persons who received delivery txt already incl yourself from grand eagle batch have alexandria delivery centre...

When you got the delivery sms, was it system generated or from tesla rep?
How did you choose the time slot? Reply to the sms?
I'm Alexandria delivery and haven't got a text yet. Pretty sure mine's in Grand Eagle given RAV is also May 18th. Maybe we'll get ours tomorrow?

Reactions: LWR15K
so deliveries from the grand eagle have started...and the EOFY race is on...and now it is probably all very random ....where is the car positioned in the scrum. I wonder how many trucks they have each day picking the cars up and taking to alexandria...my guess...is they do 200-300 cars a day...at alexandria

Add the $400 lost deposit if cancelling and reordering and it's $2763 worse off
I think it only makes sense to cancel if you can get another EV before June 30
so deliveries from the grand eagle have started...and the EOFY race is on...and now it is probably all very random ....where is the car positioned in the scrum. I wonder how many trucks they have each day picking the cars up and taking to alexandria...my guess...is they do 200-300 cars a day...at alexandria
lol how many cars do you think fit on carrier. Did you mean 20-30 per day?

how many cars do you think fit on carrier.

Grand Eagle has a carrying capacity of 19000T. Each MYLR tare is 2T
So Potentially 9500 based on tonnage. But likely less as the vehicles have to be spaced in a certain way.

Road Car carriers will be less than 10 each ride maybe only 7-8 depending on size and weight. The other bottle neck is Quarantine - someone said they could only clear 100/day? not sure if true.

Last edited:
Grand Eagle has a carrying capacity of 19000T. Each MYLR tare is 2T
So Potentially 9500 based on tonnage. But likely less as the vehicles have to be spaced in a certain way.

Road Car carriers will be less than 10 each ride maybe only 7-8 depending on size and weight. The other bottle neck is Quarantine - someone said they could only clear 100/day? not sure if true.
yard space is also premium. That's why they can't let Vehicle carrying ships unloaded the cars and created a big queue

Reactions: Blue heaven