Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok update on my pickup dilemma. Alexandria called me and told me my car (White MYLR Black interior 19 inch wheels) really needed to leave on the 30th. As much as I would like to, I just couldn’t do the 30th. So they proposed a solution - swap cars with someone. Someone getting a July 3 - July 12? delivery desperately needed a car before EOFY. Hopefully it’s one of you guys that gets my car. I’m back on the waiting game…

Kind of annoys me they could even hold the car for 2 days till I got back though 🤬

I am just been told by the SA that they don’t come with adaptor in Australia
That is correct. J1772 / type 1 is the default standard for AC charging in the USA, but Teslas there come with what was a Tesla-only plug so they needed to provide an adapter. That's slowly changing as the Tesla plug will be adopted by other manufacturers in the next few years.

Here in Australia the standard is Mennekes / type 2, same as in Europe - and type 2 AC charging stations with a tethered cable will plug straight in.

For type 2 AC charging stations without a tethered cable you need a type2-type2 cable which is available from Tesla and third parties

And public fast charging stations (CCS2) also plug straight in, unlike in the USA.

• Informative
Reactions: JonDarian
Question for all of you. How many kilometres does it say your car has on the final invoice? My old car (June 30th) only had 2 kilometres. I just received the final invoice for the new car (the one arriving at some unknown time in July) and it has 10 kilometres on it. I kind of feel like someone has taken the new car for a spin already and am a bit miffed about it 😡

How many kilometres does it say your car has on the final invoice?
The number of km on the invoice will depend on where the Tesla mothership last saw the car when that invoice was generated.
ie at the factory, before/after the test track, at the port etc.

My car was delivered with exactly 10km and it sounds reasonable if you think about how many times the car was moved along the way.

Question for all of you. How many kilometres does it say your car has on the final invoice? My old car (June 30th) only had 2 kilometres. I just received the final invoice for the new car (the one arriving at some unknown time in July) and it has 10 kilometres on it. I kind of feel like someone has taken the new car for a spin already and am a bit miffed about it 😡
My invoice on the M3 stated 1 km but when I picked up was 12 km :)

Reactions: Gior
So by miracle I will be picking up my MYRWD in black on Saturday.

They were able to swap my one with someone who was happy to get theirs in July.

I will stick around on the thread though and see if I can help answer any questions for anyone once I get my car.

Thanks everyone for all the comments and information. I have found this forum to be the best source of information Thanks to you all

I will stick around on the thread though and see if I can help answer any questions for anyone once I get my car.

Thanks everyone for all the comments and information. I have found this forum to be the best source of information Thanks to you all
Nice. Congrats, Bro

• Love
Reactions: LWR15K

Congrats! So happy for you! Did you actually call them and suggested this or did Tesla team reach out to you?

Reactions: LWR15K
lol how do you think stevedore unload the car. A vehicle carrier is essentially a multi-level car park that adds a couple of kms from loading and unloading - then there is driving on the parking bay before loading and after unloading, etc.. it all adds up. So its not surprising there are few kms put on the car before you take delivery.

Reactions: Gior and Quickst
it has 10 kilometres on it. I kind of feel like someone has taken the new car for a spin already
I think this is unreasonable to suggest that 10km means someone driven it without authorisation.

The vehicle has to be driven. There is a test drive, it has to be driven onto a truck car carrier. From the car carrier it has to be driven to a holding yard. From holding yard it has to be driven onto ship car carrier - these have multiple levels. Then it has to be driven off and parked at a holding yard. The from holding yard, to a truck car carrier. Then driven off car carrier at the delivery centre.

Ships like the Grand Eagle car carriers often have more than 10 decks and is 199m long and 32m wide. The vehicles have to be driven up/down the decks and parked in very specific configurations.

There is one very simple solution.......

Last edited:
This might be a silly question but I'm picking up our MYLR next Wednesday and staying overnight in BrisVegas at the Hotel X. They have 3 Tesla chargers (up to 22kw) and I was wondering if I'll need a cable or something to charge overnight at the hotel for the trip home. Any help appreciated. (see attached image)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-22 at 2.01.02 pm copy.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-06-22 at 2.01.02 pm copy.jpg
    432.8 KB · Views: 52
This might be a silly question but I'm picking up our MYLR next Wednesday and staying overnight in BrisVegas at the Hotel X. They have 3 Tesla chargers (up to 22kw) and I was wondering if I'll need a cable or something to charge overnight at the hotel for the trip home. Any help appreciated. (see attached image)
You might have to ring the hotel to find out what sort of charger do they have. If it's Tesla Wall Charger, it's fine, if other brand you might have to ask if it's got the cable or you have to BYO. I bought a 5 meters cable no brand only $170 from X-Car but I also have the Blue Mennekes bought from Tesla Shop $310, 7.5 m lenght is terrific. I've just checked X-car website, now it's $199 wow 7kW, the 22 kW is $229. I didn't expect the price increased that much. I got the 22kW and 3 Phase one

Last edited:
Reactions: Power Hungry
Congrats! So happy for you! Did you actually call them and suggested this or did Tesla team reach out to you?
I've calling everyday but I beleive they are trying to prioritise ppl who need it by 30th of June

I really think it was more luck than anything for me

But there was one person I spoke to today who genuine seemed like he wanted to help me can he called me back a few times asking if I'd be interested in other cars that didn't match my spec.

Reactions: Hoon and BabyTyrone
I think this is unreasonable to suggest that 10km means someone driven it without authorisation.

The vehicle has to be driven. There is a test drive, it has to be driven onto a truck car carrier. From the car carrier it has to be driven to a holding yard. From holding yard it has to be driven onto ship car carrier - these have multiple levels. Then it has to be driven off and parked at a holding yard. The from holding yard, to a truck car carrier. Then driven off car carrier at the delivery centre.

Ships like the Grand Eagle car carriers often have more than 10 decks and is 199m long and 32m wide. The vehicles have to be driven up/down the decks and parked in very specific configurations.

There is one very simple solution.......
Thanks for this. I said it felt like someone has taken it for a spin as due to the difference in Kim’s on the invoices 2-10km. I understand the logistics require the cars to be driven and was getting community feedback on how many kms were on the invoices. Good to know too how many kms were on the cars at pickup. Thanks for that guys!

Reactions: Quickst

Oh yes! (airpunch) That is excellent news. It was looking a bit grim for a while there.

The Tesla Chargers they are talking about are typically the same as the Wall Chargers you can pay to install at home. They have their own inbuilt cable, which just plugs into your car. The button on top of the plug should open your charging flap, and you press it to disconnect at the end of the charging session. If you ever find yourself unable to disconnect, and you have tried doing it through the app and touch screen, their is a manual override available. Check the manual for instructions.

The charger can supply up to 22kW, but the car can accept a maximum of 11kW. That will be plenty to charge overnight. Depending on where you are going in Queensland, you might need a type 2-to-type 2 cable, but you usually don't. All Tesla Superchargers and other DC chargers have built-in cables and you don't need anything extra. The QESH (Qld Electric Superhighway) DC chargers are paired with an AC charger. If the DC charger is down and you need to use the AC charger, you need to provide the type 2-to-type 2 cable.

Just checking: have you looked at the usual apps for planning your charging on the highway? A Better Route Planner (ABRP) is useful for planning your route, Plugshare shows you the status of the chargers (so, please contribute by logging your charging sessions in Plugshare, it really helps other EV drivers to know if the chargers are working or not) and Chargefox is needed for paying at QESH chargers. There are also other charging networks like Evie that need their own app. This is all in addition to the car's own ability to help you navigate between Tesla Superchargers where I understand you can pay with your Tesla app (as long as you have registered a payment method in the app).

Ok update on my pickup dilemma. Alexandria called me and told me my car (White MYLR Black interior 19 inch wheels) really needed to leave on the 30th. As much as I would like to, I just couldn’t do the 30th. So they proposed a solution - swap cars with someone. Someone getting a July 3 - July 12? delivery desperately needed a car before EOFY. Hopefully it’s one of you guys that gets my car. I’m back on the waiting game…

Kind of annoys me they could even hold the car for 2 days till I got back though 🤬
Hi! Did they actually ask you to find someone? If so I'm interested. My EDD still shows June 23-July 14th, but I feel this will change... And the 30th could work for me, if I pick in the AM.