Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
strange thing happens everywhere. I made a booking to pick up the car in the morning of Jun 30 on 21 Jun. At that time I could also see the time in my tesla app and web portal. but when I checked my app last night the timing changed to 6:30pm. Called Tesla this morning and they advised it's a system error. the original time slot I picked was fully booked. I am not complaining here given lots of you have been waiting for long time but thought I would share this with the community that nothing is a done deal until the moment you have the car...

I'm out of the thread, figuratively and literally as I just drove home form the delivery centre :)

Good luck everyone and wishing you all shortened wait times.
Glad to see a lot of regulars receive delivery. Wonder if this thread will still be as popular as many MY drivers leave the hospital waiting room and start breast feeding 🍼their newly arrived babies with chargers 🔌🔋🪫 at home and on the road.

Interested to know what thread /forums do many go to on TMC after leaving the MY 🏥 waiting room❓❓

strange thing happens everywhere. I made a booking to pick up the car in the morning of Jun 30 on 21 Jun. At that time I could also see the time in my tesla app and web portal. but when I checked my app last night the timing changed to 6:30pm. Called Tesla this morning and they advised it's a system error. the original time slot I picked was fully booked. I am not complaining here given lots of you have been waiting for long time but thought I would share this with the community that nothing is a done deal until the moment you have the car...
Same happened to me, changed to 6pm on 30th, while i booked for morning I think 10.30 am. So is that system error to actual time now. Should I call to confirm

For all the poor peeps like me whose EDD has changed to July 7 - July 28, I have some news. I just got off the phone to Tesla and queried them why so long and they said it was a system thing done to show those cars were definitely not getting delivered before EOFY. That’s the bad news. Good news is that they expect the cars to get delivered towards the front half of that range which I would be happy with.

So is it safe to assume it was HW3 on your MY, I think one of the biggest questions for those of us visiting here.

Unfortunately the Shanghai factory hasn't switched to installing HW4 parts yet.

Can someone please share their knowledge/experience in terms of what happens if the payment doesn’t go through 48 hours before delivery

Tesla do give some leeway when dealing with a finance company.
They give the 48h "deadline" as a contingency, but so long as Tesla have a remittance advice that shows the money will arrive before the delivery date they won't reschedule.

Reactions: MyPWSyd
Same happened to me, changed to 6pm on 30th, while i booked for morning I think 10.30 am. So is that system error to actual time now. Should I call to confirm
The likely cause of this is sudden influx of visits to their booking page on that day which leads to the same spot being booked multiple times. lots of sydney folks all received the message around the same time and all rushed to make a booking which even caused all spots depleted quickly. I recall someone posted a pic of his booking page which says all spots are booked...

to your question, it's the official time now, up to you if you want to call to confirm. my understanding is after all dust settled they adjusted those multiple bookings on the same spot to those still available. Obviously, most folks would prefer earlier pick up instead of late in the evening...

For all the poor peeps like me whose EDD has changed to July 7 - July 28, I have some news. I just got off the phone to Tesla and queried them why so long and they said it was a system thing done to show those cars were definitely not getting delivered before EOFY. That’s the bad news. Good news is that they expect the cars to get delivered towards the front half of that range which I would be happy with.
Unfortunately in my case my EDD is now showing Late July - mid Aug (for a November 2022 order!) as it got damaged in transit. Even then I've been told that's optimistic at this point - and to be expect another car to be built and allocated instead.

Unfortunately in my case my EDD is now showing Late July - mid Aug (for a November 2022 order!) as it got damaged in transit. Even then I've been told that's optimistic at this point - and to be expect another car to be built and allocated instead.
That’s so unlucky dude. I really feel for you. At least you have the reason why yours got delayed so long. That’s some thing at least.

Its unfortunate. I guessed it would be the case for such a delay EDD. They should have somehow tagged you to a cancelled order or should compensate in some way.

Reactions: Nrcl
My worry is when Tesla message you for delivery but only give you options that are in the next 2 days which would leave me scrambling to get the novated leasing company to pay the invoice.
I have the same worry, however i believe we should have at least a week since we get the scheduled delivery as i dont think we will make it by the EOFY cut off date. My guess would be July 4 onwards for anyone that hasnt received a schedule your delivery text.

I have the same worry, however i believe we should have at least a week since we get the scheduled delivery as i dont think we will make it by the EOFY cut off date. My guess would be July 4 onwards for anyone that hasnt received a schedule your delivery text.
I didn't see any "schedule delivery SMS posts" from yesterday😰. Not sure when we will get the next round of deliver sms