Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
give them a "carbon care" type ceramic coating
This???

I would rather them not wash it.
Just slows down the delivery process.
Just give the driver a voucher to spend at a hand car wash or a voucher for a car wash product. Saves them time, money and can leverage the Tesla brand and get a deal with a car wash product company or a car hand wash company like Crystal Car wash

Screen Shot 2023-06-27 at 8.10.46 pm.png
Screen Shot 2023-06-27 at 8.12.05 pm.png

Where are the Morning Crystal peeps? I see lots of talk about Grand Eagle, however Morning Crystal docked about 1-2 days later in Port Kembla.

I have an EDD of 28th June - 19th July. Wonder if Grand Eagle and Morning Crystal are moving together now they are onshore.

Reactions: Nrcl
Where are the Morning Crystal peeps? I see lots of talk about Grand Eagle, however Morning Crystal docked about 1-2 days later in Port Kembla.

I have an EDD of 28th June - 19th July. Wonder if Grand Eagle and Morning Crystal are moving together now they are onshore.
Mine was on Grand Eagle and currently have the same EDD (though that seems to be changing frequently at this point).

Yes I know. They are hoping that people don't look at Tesla inventory.
On the one hand i feel sorry for the seller, cos they just paid a higher price a year ago and just tryna get some of it back - to be honest, most of us gonna be in that situation in a year or two's time and we're all gonna cry cos new P's by then might be selling for 70k and we'd just be shaking our fists in the twitter air at Elon.

I saw the ex-demo but decided against it, cos it's a "P"... so it would've been driven by anyone (including Tesla Staff) as a "P".... so out of that 2000km's there's probably already more than 5000+ hard launches from standstill in that car, and considering it was only about $2k cheaper than a new inventory P, not worth it IMO. Either way, it's already gone, someone's snapped it up.

Same EDD not changed yet, guess soon it will. Not sure if anyone from Morning crystal received schedule delivery sms

Same EDD not changed yet, guess soon it will. Not sure if anyone from Morning crystal received schedule delivery sms
Was hoping for morning crystal to get our delivery sms's for early july dates even but seems like no ones gotten any july pick up dates? Cant decide whether if it hits the july mark if i want it to say your scheduled delivery is in 2 days or still the week mark... hoping tesla isnt taking a break after the eofy rush.. when i called my SA he said to expect my car end of the EDD which is 19 july... already been without a car for a month :(

Side note, does anyone know about the charging situation for the new teslas? I saw online that because they have the new battery installed its best to charge up to 100% every week? whereas the old battery they would recommend to never charge up to 100% or else the regen braking doesnt work?

Side note, does anyone know about the charging situation for the new teslas? I saw online that because they have the new battery installed its best to charge up to 100% every week? whereas the old battery they would recommend to never charge up to 100% or else the regen braking doesnt work?
LFP battery is standard battery on RWD which you can charge to 100% not like the batteries on LR and Performance where recommended to charge up to 80% unless you are in preparation of driving long distance

Really odd communication from tesla - its gone from none (due to delays with cars getting in the country - i get it) to too much.

Car for collection has been booked via 3 seperate methods (and changed 3 times to the same date/time each time - excluding 1 actual change)....... then followed by.........

An offer to bring collection forward - but the current appointment is still the 'earliest available'
A request for payment being made after payment has already cleared, followed by 2 different types of "your payment has been made"
Another "Your car is ready to collect" - but not yet!..........

Not complaining, just a heads up incase anyone else gets their hopes dashed about an early collection

Really odd communication from tesla - its gone from none (due to delays with cars getting in the country - i get it) to too much.

Car for collection has been booked via 3 seperate methods (and changed 3 times to the same date/time each time - excluding 1 actual change)....... then followed by.........

Sounds like you're going to find yourself collecting 3 cars instead of 1!

• Funny
Reactions: Epping2023 and Nrcl
Really odd communication from tesla
I only had:
When I ordered 4 apr: Welcome to Tesla family SMS. A phonecall from Tesla Service Adviser - basically to confirm a human is ordering the car

5may: prepare for delivery by providing rego details sms
5May: a vehicle has been assigned to your order sms
21My: prepare for delivery by providing payment details sms
1Jun: Delivery location updated to parramatta sms
3Jun: prepare for delivery update payment details sms
6Jun: prefilled rego document available - sign and return
8 Jun: Final invoice available sms
15Jun: delivery approaching sms
16Jun: final invoice available sms
21Jun: schedule delivery appointment at tesla.com........sms
26Jun: express delivery approacing, final payment outstanding sms
27Jun: express delivery confirmed

I was given one delivery date but a selection of times
I was not given ability to change delivery date - understandable given delivery date was 30 Jun

My finance people were able to process the final settlement as an overnight payment. Tesla app said final payment made at 0100 am. The payment was made 12 hrs prior

All the EDD changes have only been visible on the Tesla app and have changed about 4 times.

Reactions: Elite Display
Sounds like you're going to find yourself collecting 3 cars instead of 1!
We can only hope ;)

I only had:...
Yep - im not going to list the wall of SMS/Email/Phone calls. It's a nice change to hearing nothing, but was really odd booking an AM pickup on the website, then it moving, then getting calls offering my original spot back, but then to be moved back to the revised....... etc etc.

I know they are doing their best, lots of pressure on everyone for EOFY........ (I actually tried to delay until next FY.. but they were like NO GET IT NOW.. so i was like fine fine... 😆)

I saw online that because they have the new battery installed its best to charge up to 100% every week? whereas the old battery they would recommend to never charge up to 100% or else the regen braking doesnt work?
new battery - you mean the LFP battery where Tesla recommends charging to 100% found in newer M3, MY single motor

old battery - you mean the non LFP batteries found in M3 and MY dual motor and performance.

Basically:
Both types are Lithium Ion batteries.
Tesla recommends charging the LFP batteries to 100%
This is because for LFP batteries, the battery management system is more accurate in determining range when the battery is periodically charged to 100%. This is not required for the non LFP batteries.
However, I am of the view that all Li-Ion batteries should not be charged to 100%. So charging to 100% may be necessary to get accurate range determination but dont have to do it everyday.

All Batteries charged to 100% whether the "new" or "old" ones are unable to accept charging from regeneration braking - because they are already at 100%. In this case the old school brakes come into play until the battery is able to accept regen charge. So if your vehicle has LFP, just charge to 100% periodically - maybe once a fortnight, does not take long for battery to have space for regen charging - just drive it