Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just booked my appointment for pickup
July 14th at Alexandria!!!
Ordered from Sydney Grey MYRWD 02/02/2023
Not too bad a wait compared to other people I’ve had read on here. original date range was April-June - so only 2 weeks late

As heaps of previous posts say, ignore EDD’s, until Tesla schedule a delivery, mine changed 6 times

When did you order?

I'm kinda hoping after EOFY a bunch of people cancel their orders and inventory becomes available. If my combination is available I'll be straight on the phone with Tesla demanding to switch. Those of us with a VIN assigned I think are victims of delays right now as I doubt we'll automatically be assigned cars in stock.
I will be one of them to cancel. Waited till last moment for EOFY, MYRWD-White-Black interior
Ordered Model3 LR Dual Mortor Red Sports wheel from existing inventory yesterday and picking up tomorrow 10.30 Miranda

I will be one of them to cancel. Waited till last moment for EOFY, MYRWD-White-Black interior
Ordered Model3 LR Dual Mortor Red Sports wheel from existing inventory yesterday and picking up tomorrow 10.30 Miranda
Talking to wife - we're about to cancel. Red RWD sitting at PK dock will soon be available for an Aug delivery.

I can deal with delays, I can't tolerate the arrogant/carefree attitude of "oh well....cancel...someone else will buy it...we don't care"

IMG_2937.jpeg

Model Y long range, Canberra. Delivery booked.

Finally.

Plus you wont like me saying, I thought they could easily have had more people going thru when I was picking up the car. There was one person on helpdesk on arrival and 4-5 others on the floor, mostly standing around. I reckon with 1 extra on helpdesk...they could have increased the cars going out a lot more. There were plenty of cars to drive away! I suspect it is a question of so many cars per day so they dont have gaps with no cars to give anyone...
Agree. There were not many people actually doing anything, and not many people actually picking up considering the warehouse was absolutely packed the MY's.

And further to the gold coast delvery comments, my pickup in alexandria was essentially all app based as well. The check in guy told me what bay the car was in, and the SA collected me and took me to said bay. Beyond that, the SA just verbalised what the app was saying and was there for questions.

Detailers were available in case anything was dirty, but mine was squeaky clean.

Just called Tesla to see where my order is at - my EDD moved to Jul 1-22 now as well. Pick up at Alexandria, Sydney.

The rep told me the car hasn't reach the delivery centre yet and says in their system it will be the first 2 weeks in July, but likely to be the first week where I'll will receive the SMS... no chance to be delivered before EOFY though.

Very very disappointing to hear this...
Sorry to hear mate was really hoping some ppl here were able to be fast tracked with any cancelled orders

I can't tolerate the arrogant/carefree attitude of "oh well....cancel...someone else will buy it...we don't care"
And give them $400?
I understand the frustration but what would cancelling achieve?

Wow, 8 days after my order, same configuration, and a whole 2 weeks later delivery slot. Don't get that.
The cars don't load onto ships and offload off the ships in the order of the customer order. There is only one way onto and off the ship. first on last off

Reactions: cafz and paulp
Congrats mate! Quick question, does the car come with a mobile charger? I know they were not supplying them anymore, but I heard they were including them because of the long delays.... ?
Thanks jaycob.

No mine did not come with a UMC, and I was prepared for that and wasn't even on my mind.

But interestingly enough, without me prompting my SA said to quietly check the boot for a UMC because he had seen a few random MY's turn up with them in there. The delivery centre apparently removes them if they are cleaning/detailing and spot one, but if missed the customer will drive away with one if they are lucky.

I wouldnt get your hopes up though!

Reactions: Quickst
And give them $400?
I understand the frustration but what would cancelling achieve?

The cars don't load onto ships and offload off the ships in the order of the customer order. There is only one way onto and off the ship. first on last off
Im aware of that and still surprised.

It would be reasonable to expect our cars to have been produced close together, therefore loaded and offloaded close, FILO or not.

therefore loaded and offloaded close
Don't know what "close means". They go from factory to truck to holding yard in Shanghai. From there they go on ship. From ship to holding yard to truck to delivery centre. By the time it's at the holding yards at Port Kembla the order is all rather random. . Say #2900 is at the front row of holding yard and number #2901 is in the middle of the yard and #2902 could be at the back. It's too inefficient for someone to go an find the VIN in the list order then move cars so cars are taken off the holding yard in order.

Likely the only arrangement is as the cars come out of the port Kembla holding yard, the vin is checked and directed to the truck that takes them to their designated delivery centre

Still havent received any sms schedule delivery :( Ordered in last week of Dec 2022 , Morning Crystal shipment too for alexandria pickup but nothing </3 checked the app tonight to have our EDD changed to August :(

Same mate. I feel your pain. Only benefit for me is paying cash so I guess it's a couple of weeks more interest.
Same.
Deposit in November.
Delivery to Chatswood.
Just checked EDD and moved to July 17 - August 7.
It really sucks

MY delivery on 8th July as told by my SA. Thank God, I got the right SA that tells me what I need to know.
Ordered 17th Jan, MY RWD Blue with white Interior, Gemini. On GE, 18/5 on RAV, finally pick up on 8th July, Alexandria. I might see you guys during pick up:)No UMC is fine. I got most accessories that I need that I bought months ago☺️and it will be ceramic coating applied on the 1st day, I'm going to use hybrid ceramic wax from Meguaire

Reactions: satred