Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really?? I went with AAMI, my normal insurer and paid $892 pa.

Given that I never claim, and the Tesla is hard to steal, I went with the additional excess of $1,550. I always do that anyway. Makes a huge difference.

MY RWD, Blue, Induction, Ordered 22/1/23, Built 24/4/23, RAV 18/5/23, EDD Jul 6-27, Jul 1-22, Delivery Jul 6, SYD
I’ve got a mate with AAMi. He pays about 2k/year. He’s in the Upper North. Where are you at?

A lot of it depends on where you live I think. Mine was for the Eastern suburbs Sydney. Only put 10k km with the rest same as yours.

I'm on the Central Coast. NRMA up to 20,000KM/Year, Ungaraged, Choice Of Repairer, Windscreen Coverage, $695 Excess = $1,443/Year

Allianz is $1,499/ Year with a $650 excess. Just choosing which to go with as while NRMA is cheaper, Allianz let you pay monthly for no extra cost.

Epping. Maybe your Y is a Performance. Or your woman has a poor driving record!! 😅 Or too young! Or both.

MY RWD, Blue, Induction, Ordered 22/1/23, Built 24/4/23, RAV 18/5/23, EDD Jul 6-27, Jul 1-22, Delivery Jul 6, SYD
Nah, mine is a LR but I think the RWD and P are all about the same price anyway. Epping must not have any Tesla claims for it to be that cheap 🤣 No comment on the woman 😂

Reactions: Epping2023
Reactions: YSooSerious
Looks like we are getting royally screwed in metropolitan Sydney 😡

Weird thing is, where I live is the southern end of the Central Coast which is counted in Sydney's population (It's closer to the Sydney CBD than Penrith as the crow flies), lots of us travel to Sydney very frequently and yet sometimes we get instances like this where insurers think we are less risky.

Make up for it on home insurance though. We pay a fortune in flood cover.

The differences between garage locations would mostly correspond to theft risk you'd think. Surely they can't be getting too many theft claims on Teslas - you're all using PIN-to-drive, yes?

1688736518260.png

Reactions: THYRWD
picked up the car a couple of days ago and thought I share this for posterity:

1. Delivery experience was ok. Had to wait 20 mins after arriving but hey I already waited for 13 months (original order was on 10 June) - what’s another 20 mins. Found only a minor issue on driver side with the fabric slightly torn and raised a service ticket. It’s hidden when the door is closed. Driving the car out took some time as the space was packed with cars. They had to move some cars and had to reverse a few times.
  2. Driving experience - it’s easy to adapt to one pedal/regen driving and without central display. Glad I switched to long range/dual motor with induction (from performance) as the acceleration and handling serves my needs. Suspension is better than my Nissan SUV.
  3. Accessories - I tried not to go overboard with this one and see how I go without what I don’t need. That said, I am happy that I got these before the car arrived - screen protector, mud flaps (installing took longer than expected; when installing the rear ones, do the bottom screw first - makes it easier), floor mats that can be easily cleaned, tray for centre console, cover for air outlet under front row seats, two side trunk bins and sun shade.
  4. Charging solution - this will vary with individual situations. Ideal is that you have both wall connector and UMC but if you are debating whether to get only one of them and don’t have three phase supply, then my tip would be get the UMC (just remember to take it with you when you travel - no different to packing your mobile/laptop charger). The advantage of wall connector is that it can charge faster and looks nice. I have both. I have three phase supply and got the voucher for umc charger. If you’re looking to maximise your use of solar, then charge hq is not a bad solution (although it was overridden by Tesla app a couple of times).
  5. Space, design and size - love the extra space and minimalism that was expected but what surprised me is the length of the car - I have a fairly big double garage and I can’t walk around the car when the garage door is closed.
Thanks for all support/info - see you on the road.

I picked up my MY RWD Deep Blue with White Interior today. Plate is EZG*** :) This is my second Tesla for my wife. I'm happy with my M3. Since this is not my first, the Tesla people let me set up everything by myself. It's on NL so I can't really tell about the insurance etc. I do notice the glass roof tint is not as dark as M3 so roof shade is highly recommended or extra dark tint. That's all folks

Reactions: Nrcl and shadab
I'm --->||<--- this close to putting an order in for a Model Y - but I have one question on trade-in that I would appreciate some information on if anyone is "in the know".

And if I have posted this in the wrong area/thread, please let me know and I will re-post where is should belong!

I'm trading a 2020 Forester, and it's in very good condition - apart from two things... a few very minor dents in the aluminium bonnet from a hail storm (no paint damage, but you can see gentle indentations in some lighting conditions), and 2 stone chips in the windscreen.

I've disclosed actual mileage (96,000), so I am thinking some normal wear-and-tear would be expected.

I am also aware that Tesla just ship the trade-ins off to an auction house to clear them.

Are they going to inspect the vehicle when it comes in for trade-in, and will they ping the value down for these things?

I'm --->||<--- this close to putting an order in for a Model Y - but I have one question on trade-in that I would appreciate some information on if anyone is "in the know".

And if I have posted this in the wrong area/thread, please let me know and I will re-post where is should belong!

I'm trading a 2020 Forester, and it's in very good condition - apart from two things... a few very minor dents in the aluminium bonnet from a hail storm (no paint damage, but you can see gentle indentations in some lighting conditions), and 2 stone chips in the windscreen.

I've disclosed actual mileage (96,000), so I am thinking some normal wear-and-tear would be expected.

I am also aware that Tesla just ship the trade-ins off to an auction house to clear them.

Are they going to inspect the vehicle when it comes in for trade-in, and will they ping the value down for these things?
They reserve the right to reduce the payment after inspecting the vehicle. If I remember correctly, the terms on the offer talk about reducing the payment if the condition is worse than you disclosed prior to offer, so you should be ok if you have been upfront with them. However, they get final say and it will be really too late for you to do anything.

Tesla usually offer a lower (often much lower) payment than other options. It is certainly convenient to do the swap as you collect your Tesla, especially if your delivery date moves around, but you are usually paying for the privilege.

• Informative
Reactions: Epping2023