Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Boombox in Aus?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up our second Model 3 this weekend for the other half and noticed the UFO noise reversing in the garage. I didn’t think we got this for the aus market? (Clearly wrong!)
Is it only meant to work in reverse? It would be nice if it worked going forward say <5km or so, as the most trouble I’ve had is people wandering in the middle of a carpark whilst I was behind them going forward not reverse.

Reactions: Hairyman
Do you have the boombox app in the toy box?
Yep, boombox is there! It also does make noise going forward, it’s just a different noise that isn’t as obvious or loud (to me) 😂👌
Actually pretty cool, I like being able to play music outside the car.

C6795CB6-C446-4ACA-A33B-45EE97223478.jpeg

Do you mean that you confirmed the existence of the speaker?
The speaker is there on my 2022 Model Y and can be heard using the light show feature I think it's called. It's the feature where the windows open and close, boot opens and closes, mirrors open and close with lights etc etc, while music plays.

The external speaker to my ears sounds surprising good I think. But using that lightshow feature is the only way of hearing it on my Model Y that I can see ie no Boombox.