Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Think builds from 27th May onwards have both.
The boombox/PWS/UFO noise would otherwise be a $290 retrofit but is actually pretty annoying and only works in reverse - so doesn't help when you're rolling through parking lots and pedestrians walk out in front

Parcel shelf have heard mixed reviews - it's basically a folding piece of cardboard with magnets (as opposed to retractable)

Otherwise no differences since they changed to softer "comfort" suspension in March

Some of us had cars on the boat for longer than yours so don't be concerned about it sitting
Blonky for the win. Thank you so much, thats what I was looking for.

Thank you all.

Ordered my MYLR, Solid Black, Black Int, 19's last night and filled out the Predelivery Tasks... Within a couple hours could see the NSW Registration Paper Work attached with a VIN populated in the form. Doesn't seem to be valid on the Molace Tracking website.... Anyone have any recommendations on checking elsewhere for free? I've not received any further comms from Tesla, is it expected this will actually be my VIN? Cheers guys!

Ordered my MYLR, Solid Black, Black Int, 19's last night and filled out the Predelivery Tasks... Within a couple hours could see the NSW Registration Paper Work attached with a VIN populated in the form. Doesn't seem to be valid on the Molace Tracking website.... Anyone have any recommendations on checking elsewhere for free? I've not received any further comms from Tesla, is it expected this will actually be my VIN? Cheers guys!
There are quite a few MYLR in NSW inventory atm, There is a Black, Blk Int, MYLR in stock in NSW as we speak. Ring them up, you might be getting it next few days! Probably the reason its not on a shipping schedule, cause it exists. If you got a VIN check RAV see what the build is

Congrats!

Not all boats will be on Molace
There is the vedaprime service which will help identify which boat yours is on and more detailed tracking info for $22/mo, otherwise some of the other members here have done their own research and found potential boats - which yours may also be on

99.99% of cases yes that will be your VIN

There are quite a few MYLR in NSW inventory atm, There is a Black, Blk Int, MYLR in stock in NSW as we speak. Ring them up, you might be getting it next few days! Probably the reason its not on a shipping schedule, cause it exists. If you got a VIN check RAV see what the build is
Congrats!

Not all boats will be on Molace
There is the vedaprime service which will help identify which boat yours is on and more detailed tracking info for $22/mo, otherwise some of the other members here have done their own research and found potential boats - which yours may also be on

99.99% of cases yes that will be your VIN

Cheers guys, so spoke to Tesla... They confirmed I've been matched to a vehicle already and the VIN is correct. He could only say it was showing an "In Transit" state and believed the EDD of Aug 31st to Sept 21st is pretty accurate.

I have since looked up RAV and can see RAV Date of Entry was 14th of Aug and it has a 07/2023 Build Date.

Is the RAV Date of Entry when the Car is still in China or once landed here in Australia it gets added?

Cheers guys, so spoke to Tesla... They confirmed I've been matched to a vehicle already and the VIN is correct. He could only say it was showing an "In Transit" state and believed the EDD of Aug 31st to Sept 21st is pretty accurate.

I have since looked up RAV and can see RAV Date of Entry was 14th of Aug and it has a 07/2023 Build Date.

Is the RAV Date of Entry when the Car is still in China or once landed here in Australia it gets added?
RAV entry typically happens as the ship reaches its first Australian port. For example, my car was entered into RAV when it's ship reaches Melbourne. It then travelled to Brisbane, sat for a couple of weeks due to port congestion, then offloaded. If you can see which vehicle-carrier docked at an Australian port on the same (or next) as your RAV entry, and that vessel is also docking at your nearest port, that's probably your ship. It is then easy enough to track it's progress. Delivery typically takes 1-3 weeks after your car is offloaded.

A question for those who know please - whilst I can see my hidden VIN, the bank I'm financing with also need an engine number (!?) before the loan documentation can be completed and funds released.

I am not sure when or where this information can be obtained? I am still awaiting an invoice and schedule of delivery day, but am keen to get all this sorted out prior to needing to do it in a rush.

Many thanks for any advice on this!

Now we wait.....

1692763667131.png

A question for those who know please - whilst I can see my hidden VIN, the bank I'm financing with also need an engine number (!?) before the loan documentation can be completed and funds released.

I am not sure when or where this information can be obtained? I am still awaiting an invoice and schedule of delivery day, but am keen to get all this sorted out prior to needing to do it in a rush.

Many thanks for any advice on this!
Hey, 2 hours after placing my order… the NSW Application for Registration form was listed under the order agreement. In this form the VIN and Engine Number are both populated for me… maybe you can check if the form is there for you now and has those details?

RAV entry typically happens as the ship reaches its first Australian port. For example, my car was entered into RAV when it's ship reaches Melbourne. It then travelled to Brisbane, sat for a couple of weeks due to port congestion, then offloaded. If you can see which vehicle-carrier docked at an Australian port on the same (or next) as your RAV entry, and that vessel is also docking at your nearest port, that's probably your ship. It is then easy enough to track it's progress. Delivery typically takes 1-3 weeks after your car is offloaded.
Cheers Jon, Happy to give out Virtual High Fives if anyone can find me a VIN tracker for a ship that arrived on the 14th of Aug in a Port within Australia :) Spent a good few hours on this today, and if I did happen to find a Vehicle Carrier that arrived in a AUS Port on this day, I couldn't then find a way to confirm its contents i.e. with a VIN search like Molace has... Sigh!! just a bit frustrating..

Today I noticed that there are a lot of cars in the inventory. I had originally ordered white rwd with black interior and 19 in gemini wheels. I noticed the same car specs but in red, so I changed my design and got VIN assigned staring away

RAV 14.08.2023
Build 07.2023

now Application for Vehicle Registration is available with the car details. does any one know of the next steps? :)

You can't. You can only infer from the port of embarkation - Shanghai.

But why does it matter?. It's not going to make your delivery any quicker...
Agree, although I'm kinda hoping for the opposite...

Spoke to a Tesla Sales Associate over the weekend.. He mentioned they didn't have my combination in stock and although website was showing Aug-Sept he said it would be more like Sept-Oct with the latter being best chance.

He also went on to say that Tesla has sent out confirmation of the new Referral Program and the $750 was being cut in half as well as a change to the 3 Month Enhanced Autopilot Trial... So I jumped in an placed my order before this change takes effect.

Now this morning, everything submitted with my Fleet Company, they have now said they are backlogged and will be 3-4 weeks processing time... Which doesn't work well if the car is indeed ready in a week... Can't see Tesla waiting 3 weeks for my Fleet Company to get there *sugar* together..

Today I noticed that there are a lot of cars in the inventory. I had originally ordered white rwd with black interior and 19 in gemini wheels. I noticed the same car specs but in red, so I changed my design and got VIN assigned staring away

RAV 14.08.2023
Build 07.2023

now Application for Vehicle Registration is available with the car details. does any one know of the next steps? :)
You submit the registration paperwork to the email address Tesla will provide you. At some point, they will give you an updated delivery date range, then an invitation to book a delivery date. Payment needs to be completed 48 hours before delivery. You can pay in multiple payments if you prefer.