Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I imagine it's because they want to preserve the ability to reallocate the car
But they put the VIN in the rego papers etc anyway, and people use the hidden VIN to organise finance
So it's a hassle either way

EDD for me is Nov 27 to Dec 18.
Congrats! sounds like there was a car in inventory that matched your order.
The rego papers will have the VIN and engine (motor) numbers of your matched car.

Reactions: MrMister
Mine is arriving in Moring Cello.

EDD is around mid Nov to Early December for me.

Question- I know that the Morning Cello is destined to head to QLD first. What happens from there on? I'm asking as I'm In Melb.....
Also do you know where the Morning Cello is ATM?

Thank you 😊

Reactions: Tempra
Somewhere off the coast of the Phillipines presently.

Here’s the schedule- looks like it’s due in Melbourne on 7/11

IMG_5785.png

Somewhere off the coast of the Phillipines presently.

Here’s the schedule- looks like it’s due in Melbourne on 7/11

View attachment 983289
and I would add a couple of days to that given it didn’t leave Shanghai until 14/10 and the last ETA to BNE i saw was 25/10.

Also remember that is the date it is scheduled to get to the port. They can often be delayed to getting to the dock by congestion at the ports here in AU, then once off loaded the usual checks through customs/quarantine. This is why Tesla give a fairly wide range of dates for delivery at this stage (mine is 3 weeks) due the shipping parts that are out of their control.

Reactions: Rozzz and dronus
and I would add a couple of days to that given it didn’t leave Shanghai until 14/10 and the last ETA to BNE i saw was 25/10.

Also remember that is the date it is scheduled to get to the port. They can often be delayed to getting to the dock by congestion at the ports here in AU, then once off loaded the usual checks through customs/quarantine. This is why Tesla give a fairly wide range of dates for delivery at this stage (mine is 3 weeks) due the shipping parts that are out of their control.
Makes sense now....

Hey all, I ordered a MYLR back in September. It's on the Glovis Caravel, which I see has now landed in Brisbane. Given that I'll be picking up the car from Brisbane, what's the typical time between the ship arriving and a delivery date being set? My account still says Oct 27 - Nov 17 as the delivery estimate.

Just to give an idea of waiting times for those that are curious:
* Sep 11: ordered MYLR (Black / 20"). Estimated delivery was Sep-Nov for a Brisbane pickup
* Oct 10: received notification that VIN was assigned, and car was on the Glovis Caravel. Estimated delivery was Oct 27-Nov 17
* Oct 12: filled out registration doc, and received final invoice
* Oct 19: Glovis Caravel arrives in Brisbane
* Oct 19: VIN number appears on https://rav.infrastructure.gov.au/ (although it says it was registered on Oct 16?)

Reactions: Rozzz
Hi all, Unsure if I can ask the following (mods plz advise if otherwise)-
-what is the best floor mats/accessories suggested for
MY in Oz?
And
-any recommendations to sell a car online or at dealership at Melbourne?
(To sell my current wheels)

Thank you for all your continuous inputs😊

Hi all, Unsure if I can ask the following (mods plz advise if otherwise)-
-what is the best floor mats/accessories suggested for
MY in Oz?
And
-any recommendations to sell a car online or at dealership at Melbourne?
(To sell my current wheels)

Thank you for all your continuous inputs😊
There is this thread for accessories Model Y Accessories for Australia

Reactions: Rozzz