Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im curious about it, cause im from Brisbane, did an order Oct 13th, current waiting, no VIN, nothing yet. But i saw the same model i have ordered is available in Gold Coast, i have sent an email to the sales person i bought from Tesla asking if i cold get the Gold Coast one, is just 1h drive from my house but got no answer yet. I dont want to change my order and mess up things
The inventory ones aren’t actually in the country. I asked the same question and told the delivery date was the same as the car I ordered so no difference. If there was an unallocated one on its way before yours is due likely they would allocate to you in transit I believe

Glovis Caravel is moving. Not sure why nor where it is going to.

1698449508623.png

Not been on here for a long time, had the Model Y now for many months and love it.

Except....the rattles. OMG, the rattles.

So doors, and sunshades, and what not, all rattle now and then, but they do come and go, I live with them

But the tail gate is another matter. It is bad, and other people seem to have it also!

I have now driven 3 Model Ys (I own one of them) and all of them have some bad tailgate rattle....and services dont fix (I tried, the rattle comes back after a month).

Forums, I am finding are fairly full of rattle problems...seems like so many different causes.

Compared to my other cars and cars in the past, it is much worse FYI...I am not really bothered by having a silent car, just not something that actually sounds like a 30 year old Holden.

It is such a shame, has tarnished ownership.

When you get into all the forums and videos with the rattles, they pull off trim, show you bits that rattle, plus what the service person told me, the conclusion is, this car...the build quality isnt good.

Not been on here for a long time, had the Model Y now for many months and love it.

So doors, and sunshades, and what not, all rattle now and then, but they do come and go, I live with them

But the tail gate is another matter. It is bad, and other people seem to have it also!

I have now driven 3 Model Ys (I own one of them) and all of them have some bad tailgate rattle....and services dont fix (I tried, the rattle comes back after a month).

Forums, I am finding are fairly full of rattle problems...seems like so many different causes.

Compared to my other cars and cars in the past, it is much worse FYI...I am not really bothered by having a silent car, just not something that actually sounds like a 30 year old Holden.

When you get into all the forums and videos with the rattles, they pull off trim, show you bits that rattle, plus what the service person told me, the conclusion is, this car...the build quality isnt good.
Ok mate. 👍

Reactions: inexus

Not sure the point of this post in the waiting room??
Mine has changed from “October 27 - November 17” to “October 31 - November 21”
Same for me

Reactions: inexus and elddum
There are various ship tracking sites - a google search may show you where the ship is. Some sites you have to pay for up to date info.
Thanks Taxy. Have visited approx 10 so far. The free info they provide is limited. I did find one that gave me a ship's trip history (useful) and one that showed live location of a ship. None would show me where the ship was off to next (one does show departure date & time, but only when the ship has actually departed).

Thanks Taxy. Have visited approx 10 so far. The free info they provide is limited. I did find one that gave me a ship's trip history (useful) and one that showed live location of a ship. None would show me where the ship was off to next (one does show departure date & time, but only when the ship has actually departed).
Yep it is listed earlier in this thread!

I use MarineTraffic and I find the iOS app gives a bit more info than the web site… and allows you to purchase a 24hour subscription for tracking which picks up the satellite based locations when they are at sea. They only provide for free the land based reports (ie in harbour), but that shows you what the vessel posted as its next port and ETA.

Sent from my MarineTraffic app for iOS
1698549626749.png

I entered my VIN (17 digits) and it failed. The website said max digit size is 15 :(
Per discussion not long ago on this thread, this only shows if your vehicle is on one of the vessels by that company. I see you are looking for Morning Cello - has Tesla advised yours is on that vessel? If so it wont be at the site mentioned by @ratcliffe123 as it’s by a different company (Armacup) . If you haven’t been advised by Tesla what vessel it is on, in my view it’s unlikely to be on its way just yet… but I am no expert.