Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Model Y is supposed to be on the GLOVIS CARAVEL. I heard from a friend of mine who works in Port Kembla on the wharf that the the GC has an infestation of Stinkbugs. He sent me this link - "Australia's Fight Against Stinkbugs Causes Delays for Car Carriers" [Australia's Fight Against Stinkbugs Causes Delays for Car Carriers]. He said on average it adds about 4 week before the cars can be removed. I thought it may be of interest to the forum. Obviously don't know if its true but it seems to fit.

Reactions: elddum and MrMister
To help pass the time while the bugs issue is sorted I’m thinking I might indulge in some online shopping from AliExpress while I wait for delivery.

I was planning to get the items like floor and boot mats from the local resellers, but with the delay, i figure it might be worth ordering them from overseas.

Has anyone got any recommended sellers for accessories?

To help pass the time while the bugs issue is sorted I’m thinking I might indulge in some online shopping from AliExpress while I wait for delivery.

I was planning to get the items like floor and boot mats from the local resellers, but with the delay, i figure it might be worth ordering them from overseas.

Has anyone got any recommended sellers for accessories?
Suggest take a look at a thread on here for Australian accessories… some good recommendations.

My Model Y is supposed to be on the GLOVIS CARAVEL. I heard from a friend of mine who works in Port Kembla on the wharf that the the GC has an infestation of Stinkbugs. He sent me this link - "Australia's Fight Against Stinkbugs Causes Delays for Car Carriers" [Australia's Fight Against Stinkbugs Causes Delays for Car Carriers]. He said on average it adds about 4 week before the cars can be removed. I thought it may be of interest to the forum. Obviously don't know if its true but it seems to fit.
Oh jeez. Looks like we got real unlucky with this one boys.

*Pulls up a chair*
Time to get comfy I guess.

Might get some bad rep but still feel Tesla should have assigned VIN when it arrives on shore instead of on the way.
Situation like this, they should be re-assigning orders to those that order earlier in the queue.

Now you are going to end up with people ordering in August/September getting their vehicle in Dec or Jan if they are lucky while those ordering in October getting it next week or 2 haha.

Sad.

Might get some bad rep but still feel Tesla should have assigned VIN when it arrives on shore instead of on the way.
Situation like this, they should be re-assigning orders to those that order earlier in the queue.

Now you are going to end up with people ordering in August/September getting their vehicle in Dec or Jan if they are lucky while those ordering in October getting it next week or 2 haha.

Sad.
No different to any other car manufacturer… yours is on the order on shipment… the BIG difference is Tesla give you all the detail to track it… the more you know the more you can get disappointed and frustrated :(

@Robert4wd that was a very informative read, so thank you for that interesting article. I had no idea stink bugs were a thing. Alarming to read some customers in the past had to wait up to 300 days to get their car. Also I read the peak season for stinkbugs is now. Glovis must be badly infected as it's headed back out to seas (I'm guessing the first round of fumigation didn't kill all those nasties). So it remains to be seen if Glovis is carrying out fumigation at sea or is just awaiting another timeslot to come back into Brisbane port for another round of fumigation. I'm in no hurry for my MY and would prefer to receive a vehicle free of these pests so I don't accidentally infect our beautiful country.

I agree. Whilst it does suck we don't get our new toys soon (and unfortunately looking like it won't arrive before Christmas) I am glad that Australia has strict biosecurity laws that prevent an infestation from occuring here.
It also allows me to enjoy my current reliable workhorse a little longer and save for some extra accessories.

Reactions: Tempra and elddum