Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if there's a current thread happening for Electricity providers? I'm thinking of switching to one of the EV plans to take advantage of the 6c/KWh. But I feel the cost is offset by very high daily supply cost and higher rates.
I'd be interested in this too. Haven't done any research yet as my solar is pending install early next year. So far I've heard AGL offer 8c kWh and OVO the same (or 6c per kWh - not sure).

Reactions: vector_X and dronus
I know it's OT so I'll make it brief, but I looked at Simply Energy's 'Simply EV' plan. It's 6c/KWh from 12-6am, but has a daily supply rate of over $1 and rates of 39c/KWh. I'm currently on much much better rates than that but I won't get anywhere near 6c during charging times.
I'm going to see how charging affects my bill and then weigh the costs.

This is my current rates & cost with Amber per month.
Screenshot_20231119_202525_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Reactions: vector_X
I know it's OT so I'll make it brief, but I looked at Simply Energy's 'Simply EV' plan. It's 6c/KWh from 12-6am, but has a daily supply rate of over $1 and rates of 39c/KWh. I'm currently on much much better rates than that but I won't get anywhere near 6c during charging times.
I'm going to see how charging affects my bill and then weigh the costs.
it's also about shifting your load into mid night if possible. Pool pump, dish washer, washing machine, and you can turn on your heater through out the night during winter.

I wouldn't worry about the supply charge. You only multiple the supply charge by 31 at most while usage is in hundreds......

Hi guys, some very bad news got to me, Fisherman's Island rejected the completion of the Glovis Caravel for now. The GC will roam around in the ocean for another 7 days till it can be approved for unloading again. The GC will also arrive in Port Kembla near the 10th of December, which our deliveries will most likely start late December Early January in mind with the 4 day no import policy to dealerships because of Christmas. I will look ahead for more information. Thanks

I have a growing family who are nearing the age to drive, so rather than to trade-in my X3 30d, I decided to purchase MY now to take advantage of the NSW EV incentives. I am still in love with my Elgrand E51 VQ35 which is a fuel guzzler but she is a lounge on wheels. In the near future one of the ICEs will need to go and very most likely it'll be replaced with the all new MY. Regardless how (Burn Your Dreams) may change, it'll never outperform the Tesla's network/software/engineering/infrastructures. Many can doubt me for eternity but it'll be true at least in our lifetime. See youtube below, it's a road trip comparison between M3 and MG in the UK, but you'll get the idea.
I’m in a similar boat. I really like my current car and there is nothing wrong with it so I’ll give it to one of the kids to use or just keep it so I can tow the trailer or if I need to travel in peak holiday times or whatever.
Enjoy the Tesla for day to day use.
Those elgrands like pretty gangsta haha

Hi guys, some very bad news got to me, Fisherman's Island rejected the completion of the Glovis Caravel for now. The GC will roam around in the ocean for another 7 days till it can be approved for unloading again. The GC will also arrive in Port Kembla near the 10th of December, which our deliveries will most likely start late December Early January in mind with the 4 day no import policy to dealerships because of Christmas. I will look ahead for more information. Thanks
Where did this info come from? I wonder why it is different from what you first heard about it being accepted? Is it still scheduled to unload on the 23rd I wonder.

Where did this info come from? I wonder why it is different from what you first heard about it being accepted? Is it still scheduled to unload on the 23rd I wonder.
I am not sure on why it was refused, just got the news 20 mins ago from a mate who organises traffic on Port Drive, he said its most likely a technical issue. As of right now it wont be scheduled to unload on the 23, they are looking to just send the GC to Port Kembla then truck the Tesla's to Brisbane as there aren't a lot of cars that need to be unloaded in Brisbane. I really hope this is just a misunderstanding in communication. Edit: I've just been sent the updated list for vessels berthing at Fisherman's Island. GC has been wiped off...?

1700390018586.png

Last edited:
Reactions: MrMister
I am not sure on why it was refused, just got the news 20 mins ago from a mate who organises traffic on Port Drive, he said its most likely a technical issue. As of right now it wont be scheduled to unload on the 23, they are looking to just send the GC to Port Kembla then truck the Tesla's to Brisbane as there aren't a lot of cars that need to be unloaded in Brisbane. I really hope this is just a misunderstanding in communication. Edit: I've just been sent the updated list for vessels berthing at Fisherman's Island. GC has been wiped off...?

View attachment 991968
Oh gawd 😭 I mean. Also happy if they just ship to Port Kembla.

Respectfully disagree.

If Im getting an AUDI, I won't choose one, that is still on the way here to Australia. And i don't think the dealer would recommend that, unless I really want to customize it. I know some may say dealer takes a cut, but at least they have the motivation to make efforts to seal the deal for me. They will try to get me another car from their inventory, if anything really happens to my original delivery. I can still make reasonable demands before paying. The point is I will have optoions, other than losing your deposit and waiting for god knows how long.

I think ppl here have their orders on GC are more frustrating rather than exciting.

Pardon my English.
Agree, that we will have to disagree. But that’s ok coz everyone’s experiences are different.

I had actually planned to buy a Volvo, but in reading a lot of reviews that compared to MY convinced me to test drive. From that drive on it was a no brainer.

In short, the Volvo (standard not customised) was more expensive for less of a car, the dealer was pleasant but every time I spoke to him the likely delivery dates changed from Dec to Jan to Feb to Mar - in the space of a week… and he never once called me back, despite having all my details and my wife dead set on that car.
So I don’t think they are motivated or have to try too hard. Unless they have it on the lot they aren’t interested.
By contrast in my experience with Tesla the attention and customer service has been excellent!

Dates, in my view they are no worse. Could they do better - sure, but why would they when the competition doesn’t.

Anyway, I respect your view and do feel for all on GC. I wish you all good luck!!!

Now, as I picked up MYLR on Saturday after waiting since August, I must now self eject from the waiting room.

Reactions: Jules22
Friends, I got my MYLR on Friday after ordering on 24 July, and I had to come back and say 2 things -
1. Huge thanks to all the ppl who shared the journey and helped me through the wait! The wait sucks and you helped make it bearable. &
2. For those of you still waiting, it's 1000% worth it!!!! It's a f#$@ing awesome car. A dozen times I looked at inventory and thought I might as well cancel and just get anything. STAY STRONG! It's so worth the wait and you'll never look back. 👌
Good luck homies. I wish you all a speedy journey.

Totally Agree!!! Well worth it! Stay strong!

Reactions: Jules22
Ordered my MY RWD at the same day with the same boat. It arrived MEL last week and I'm still waiting the SMS to let me scheduling pickup.
Sydney would be a couple days ahead in the delivery process, as it took the Salvia Ace a couple days to get from Port Kembla to Melbourne. I got the SMS late last week so I'm guessing you will probably get it early this week provide thing are running smoothly on the docks that is.

View attachment 991968
Your suspense is making me feel alive again... Can "Stinky GC" be saying goodbye to "Beautiful one day Perfect the next GC" as it heads down to Port Kembla as we type.

Reactions: Kevin Li

View attachment 991968
Is the Don Juan still due there today? Was scheduled 0530 but last update I saw says 1730 now