Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don Juan looks to be hanging outside the heads at Melbourne for a few days

IMG_6609.jpeg

I have just been to the Tesla website, and it appears if I order now, my delivery is November - December. Also found it strange that Mettalic Silver is now the no cost option and white is $1000. I ordered the Silver, with Black interior as RWD. Paid $1500 for the silver option. Considering cancelling my order and starting again.......

I have just been to the Tesla website, and it appears if I order now, my delivery is November - December. Also found it strange that Mettalic Silver is now the no cost option and white is $1000. I ordered the Silver, with Black interior as RWD. Paid $1500 for the silver option. Considering cancelling my order and starting again.......
I should have checked thoroughly. I was on the US website. Still strange that Silver is the default for US, and White is an extra $1000US, when our default is White, with $1500 for Silver....

Any current intel on GC? Looks due in PK on 1. Dec now, previously was Tuesday. Any reason to believe this is accurate now?
No reason to believe this at all. Currently still off Brisbane. I'm not sure if there are more vehicles to unload at Brisbane, or as someone said earlier in the thread, if it has to hold off until the 30th for another inspection. Then it will have to sail to PK for an unload, or perhaps back to China. Who knows?

I should have checked thoroughly. I was on the US website. Still strange that Silver is the default for US, and White is an extra $1000US, when our default is White, with $1500 for Silver....
They made the Silver default in the US due to the amount of Whites driving around. They went from Black being default, to White and now Silver to keep some variety on the road.

Reactions: inexus
Hi guys,
Just had a mate who works at Tesla Alexandria talk with DAFF, the inspection of the GC has been postponed by 2 weeks minimum. They aren’t sure when it will unload next but he said Sydney deliveries are going to start right before February. DAFF has stated “The Glovis Caravel has the most issues related to biosecurity and the Australian Agriculture Department aren’t taking any chances” Hope this has cleared up a few things and I will keep on updating what is happening.

For those who are looking for a free UMC charger or 5,000 kms of free supercharging as compensation for the delays, Tesla really wants to but they aren’t able to as they do not have any correlation with the delays of the GC. If anyone is thinking of cancelling their order, Tesla advises not to as the next shipment of Tesla MY’s will be shipped out February 2024. As I own a M3P and have waited 7 months for it. I can agree it is totally worth the wait. No other electric car matches Tesla with its price and luxury.

Hi guys,
Just had a mate who works at Tesla Alexandria talk with DAFF, the inspection of the GC has been postponed by 2 weeks minimum. They aren’t sure when it will unload next but he said Sydney deliveries are going to start right before February. DAFF has stated “The Glovis Caravel has the most issues related to biosecurity and the Australian Agriculture Department aren’t taking any chances” Hope this has cleared up a few things and I will keep on updating what is happening.

For those who are looking for a free UMC charger or 5,000 kms of free supercharging as compensation for the delays, Tesla really wants to but they aren’t able to as they do not have any correlation with the delays of the GC. If anyone is thinking of cancelling their order, Tesla advises not to as the next shipment of Tesla MY’s will be shipped out February 2024. As I own a M3P and have waited 7 months for it. I can agree it is totally worth the wait. No other electric car matches Tesla with its price and luxury.
GC Sydney Deliveries before February???
How credible is this piece of intel?

Hi guys,
Say it ain't so. Well I tried reassigning and they didn't have a matching car available, if I can't get it before Feb I may as well cancel, get a 2024 with the China updates even if that's June or something. The prospect of the cars being many months at sea isn't very appealing even if the battery will be fine.

Hi all.
My first post here.
I have joined this forum to track my promising GC delivery which turned sour very quickly 😞
Tesla reps are all very polite but stern. I understand where their DNA comes from 😉. It does not help to feel any better.
On the verge of cancelling too, even after buying a bunch of accessories for the RWD white and white.
It is just unbearable to be honest. Feel sorry for all of us.
Don't know how it works but Don Juan will be here in Melbourne in January again, and us still stuck with GC. What is the point? Time is money too.

Reactions: MrPinkyMalinky
Hi guys,

Right, so, according to your source;
> Another month delay
> No point cancelling as there's no other ships until that point anyway.
> No compensation.
> Lol bad luck mate.

Not to denounce your sources or anything, but you seem to have a lot of friends in places relating to this. I am at the point of just waiting on official news if it ever comes..
In saying that, the silver/white looking more tempting now 🤣 or just cancel and get the refresh if that ever releases.