Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why would Tesla in Sydney talk direct to DAFF in Brisbane? The relationship is between the DAFF and the shipping company. I am sure that Tesla is speaking with its shipping company and would not welcome its employees in NSW ringing DAFF in Brisbane while is shipping company is managing this incident. In the company I work for that would get you sacked. If Tesla has anything it will come from its shipping company and they will tell us when they are ready I guess.
Maybe the inside friend at Tesla has an inside friend af DAFF :p

There's so much misinformation spreading about this matter now. I've kind of given up. The car will come, but if it goes out to February and/or the refresh becomes available, I'm cancelling.

All we know for 100% certain is that it's a bio quarantine event, most certainly due to stinkbug, and Stinky McBugface Stinkship is a poo poo smelly boi with no friends.
I agree. I’ve lost the excitement of getting a new car and just feel like it was “fake news” and it’s never actually coming lol. Perspective is that other cars would have longer waits but still. They sold me a December dream haha.

Reactions: Kevin Li

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-27 at 7.42.31 am.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-27 at 7.42.31 am.png
    175.7 KB · Views: 35
Hi guys... first time poster here. Ordered my MY in early Oct and told its on the Stinky McStickface since then. Currently shows Dec 11 to Jan 1 on the App but I am not holding my breath as I can see the Berth Schedule still shows as GC scheduled for the Brisbane port berth on 4th Dec.

This was 22nd Nov update but I am not sure if this will change:
Looks like this has changed to Dec 1st now:

So some hope there!

I agree. I’ve lost the excitement of getting a new car and just feel like it was “fake news” and it’s never actually coming lol. Perspective is that other cars would have longer waits but still. They sold me a December dream haha.
Yep I was originally told a November delivery date, and if all went well I'd probably be driving my MY instead of a 15 year old Swift to work, but hey, at least I've still got a car to use unlike some others here. Perspective is key. This is an extremely first world problem we have on our hands.
Though what really stings is that people have ordered way later than us and gotten their cars within a few weeks on the subsequent vessels. Not their fault of course! I'm very happy people are excited or enjoying their brand new Tesla. It just stings the soul.

Reactions: phaz and inexus
This may be off topic but I just want to ask if anyone else is in a similar situation. I am currently renting a property where I am living in. The property owner has refused to allow me to install Tesla Glenn 3 connector at the property. His concern is that if battery catches fire the fire brigade won’t be able to put it out and the battery will have to be let fully burn off. This may cause damage to adjacent properties as well.

If I use mobile charger which plugs into standard household power outlet I don’t need landlord’s permission. I believe mobile charger is more risky since it take very long time to charge the battery.

Not sure what to do. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Unless you have a really long commute then the standard mobile charger is probably fine for an overnight charge. You might need to visit a high speed charger on the weekend to top up. Check with Chargefox - there are loads of new chargers coming online, so hopefully your local one won't be too far away. I know many Uber drivers simply top up at the end of the day on their way home (for 15-20 mins).

Regarding the wall charger, I'm in the same situation. I have only 10amp socket available but I did the calculations and I can charge my daily commute every 2 nights with no need for extra top ups. If I go over I have a BP pulse a few minutes away for some DC fast charging.
My EVSE can go to 15amp and am considering a 15amp socket in the garage to cut charge times down by 50%. With that, I can charge daily to 100% no issues or even go 2-3 days without a charge and still get to 100% overnight.

Regarding the wall charger, I'm in the same situation. I have only 10amp socket available but I did the calculations and I can charge my daily commute every 2 nights with no need for extra top ups. If I go over I have a BP pulse a few minutes away for some DC fast charging.
My EVSE can go to 15amp and am considering a 15amp socket in the garage to cut charge times down by 50%. With that, I can charge daily to 100% no issues or even go 2-3 days without a charge and still get to 100% overnight.
Thanks all. Some very good suggestions from many people . I will stick to UMC and charge from ChargeFox or Tesla Fast chargers if needed.

Pretty sure he's actually a stink bug operative who's infiltrated this forum to feed us false information. He's gone awfully quiet all of a sudden 😏
Let’s say that GC unloads the cars eventually, I assume the cars then will be prioritized for delivery over cars that came on other ships but may still be on the dock ?
Maybe, but unfortunately probably not. Logistics doesn't change just for us Glovis enjoyers.

But the risk of fire is practically the same as using the UMC as the charger is in the car itself... Minimal to zero.
If anything, the risk of fire is worse with the UMC since it'll be plugged into whatever random corroded cobweb-filled GPO has been sitting unused in the garage for years, whereas the wall connector would be on a nice new circuit ran just for the purpose.