Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The fee really should be refunded for cancellations in this instance. Sure, they can't control the biosecurity issue. They can however control everything else around it, such as reallocation of vehicles for first order first served etc. Crazy that they aren't doing this.
Tesla: GLOVIS CARVEL? Sounds good to us! Sure it was booted from NZ that one time, but they learned a valuable lesson! What could possibly go wrong…

The fee really should be refunded for cancellations in this instance. Sure, they can't control the biosecurity issue. They can however control everything else around it, such as reallocation of vehicles for first order first served etc. Crazy that they aren't doing this.
Yes, that's was one of the main discussions...we were under the impression Tesla was a very intelligent company, so why would you allocate VINs before Australian Port Clearance...and didn't Tesla know that the minimum quarantine was at least 4 weeks which meant you knew the next shipment was going to be made before GC was given the all clear. Then if you were so concerned about prioritising my delivery, shouldn't the VINs have been reallocated to fulfill as many customers who have placed orders earlier.....that's where it's like talking to a brick wall came from....either this is a new experience for them too...who knows....but they've clearly screwed up this delivery for sure....

Reactions: MrMister
Yes, that's was one of the main discussions...we were under the impression Tesla was a very intelligent company, so why would you allocate VINs before Australian Port Clearance...and didn't Tesla know that the minimum quarantine was at least 4 weeks which meant you knew the next shipment was going to be made before GC was given the all clear. Then if you were so concerned about prioritising my delivery, shouldn't the VINs have been reallocated to fulfill as many customers who have placed orders earlier.....that's where it's like talking to a brick wall came from....either this is a new experience for them too...who knows....but they've clearly screwed up this delivery for sure....
Yes hard to believe that a major car company with 2000+ cars on a ship have no ability to get more details for what is happening… seems really odd.

Christ those are some fair points. It's not like this is the first time in history a ship has been delayed. I mean the Glovis itself had this exact problem in 2018 from what I read. 😮‍💨

Like all of us here, my patience ran out today...but the most frustrating thing is that you're just talking to a brick wall.
I got a call in response to an email sent to them today saying that if someone cancels their order with the same specs, they'll prioritise my delivery. (They've already said this back in August). They can not promise any delivery details at this stage and when GC will be given all clear in fear that customers will be mislead putting more pressure on this situation. If you want there are silver grey with induction wheels that has just come off the lastest shipment but frankly speaking, management will not price match. So, why the.....are we having this conversation, for me to go from worst to worst. Sorry, I had to vent all 4 months of waiting. There were many more things said and discussed but I feel this is enough.
Final thoughts.... they're happy for you to cancel because there are people lined up to take your order. Also, was told that next shipment will not be leaving China for sometime...
Same offer with the same silver car. Sounds like a trolling from Tesla desk.
Also, as someone said before me, the whole experience of buying a new car is just ruined 😔.
And Tesla as a company don't care. It is all about numbers and profit.
I need to learn to be more practical and not emotional.
This forum is about support to each other. And you gave me a lot. Thank you, electric car disruptors, and eventilual enjoyers.❤️

As long as we all stay strong and reject the Silver one everything will be just fine 😁👌
I just remembered that Tesla's head office is at 15 Blue St North Sydney... I've got a project at the newly built 2 - 4 Blue St where I have full access. The sales bloke from Parramatta kept saying Management this, Management that about compensations and price matching... it might be a waste of time, but I might give them a visit try and find out what is really going on with GC...

Like all of us here, my patience ran out today...but the most frustrating thing is that you're just talking to a brick wall.
I got a call in response to an email sent to them today saying that if someone cancels their order with the same specs, they'll prioritise my delivery. (They've already said this back in August). They can not promise any delivery details at this stage and when GC will be given all clear in fear that customers will be mislead putting more pressure on this situation. If you want there are silver grey with induction wheels that has just come off the lastest shipment but frankly speaking, management will not price match. So, why the.....are we having this conversation, for me to go from worst to worst. Sorry, I had to vent all 4 months of waiting. There were many more things said and discussed but I feel this is enough.
Final thoughts.... they're happy for you to cancel because there are people lined up to take your order. Also, was told that next shipment will not be leaving China for sometime...
What I find curios is that if you go through old news articles about biosecurity\ quarantine. Many of the articles stated that Tesla did not share ships with other manufacturers to reduce the likelihood of being affected by quarantine.

I wonder if they’ve changed their shipping policy since then...

My order is for MY RWD Blue/Black-White. I have been comparing RWD vs LR AWD in the last couple of days. I am leaning towards LR AWD now. Since 2013, I have bought a new car every year. All of them have been AWD. Currently I have a Palisade Highlander, previous Mazda CX9 Azami, Land-rover Discovery, Jeep Grand Cherokee, BMW X5 .......
Drive away price difference between RWD and LR AWD is about $17K. Apart from dual-motor AWD, the major difference between two cars is the battery; LFP vs NMC. There are pros and cons of both LFP and NMC batteries. I will talk to Tesla if they can re-assign me a LR and if they don't, I will cancel the current order and put a new order in for LR. Any thoughts....!
Note: I am planning to keep this car for at least 3 years.

My order is for MY RWD Blue/Black-White. I have been comparing RWD vs LR AWD in the last couple of days. I am leaning towards LR AWD now. Since 2013, I have bought a new car every year. All of them have been AWD. Currently I have a Palisade Highlander, previous Mazda CX9 Azami, Land-rover Discovery, Jeep Grand Cherokee, BMW X5 .......
Drive away price difference between RWD and LR AWD is about $17K. Apart from dual-motor AWD, the major difference between two cars is the battery; LFP vs NMC. There are pros and cons of both LFP and NMC batteries. I will talk to Tesla if they can re-assign me a LR and if they don't, I will cancel the current order and put a new order in for LR. Any thoughts....!
Note: I am planning to keep this car for at least 3 years.
I was also looking at the LR but there's a couple of issues that stopped me. Firstly the extra range is not worth the massive price difference but more importantly for me the issues about not overcharging the batteries past 80% on the LR was just too much hassle.

I was also looking at the LR but there's a couple of issues that stopped me. Firstly the extra range is not worth the massive price difference but more importantly for me the issues about not overcharging the batteries past 80% on the LR was just too much hassle.
Agreed and then there is also the fact that NMC degrades faster and is more volatile.

I like the extra performance and the AWD but neither are important here in Australia.

Reactions: cacsmc and robbie D
Agreed and then there is also the fact that NMC degrades faster. I like the extra performance and the AWD but neither are important here in Australia.
Recommend maximum charge for NMC battery is 90%. You can schedule it to only charge to 90%. The range comparisons I have seen show LR giving 425km and RWD 355. Also, RWD is a bit sluggish at start,

Recommend maximum charge for NMC battery is 90%. You can schedule it to only charge to 90%. The range comparisons I have seen show LR giving 425km and RWD 355. Also, RWD is a bit sluggish at start,
Tesla have recently updated that to 80% which is worrying on it's own. What's 80% of 425? It's less than 100% of 355. Theres barely a noticable difference in normal driving accelleration. Even the Tesla rep i did my test drive with said unless you are doing 150km+ a day reguarly it's a waste of money and this is on a lease with pre tax dollars. Also my mate who owns one said it was a mistake. Unless you drive a lot and often you are not seeing any range benefits at all.