Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
GC arriving 1 in the morning and leaving 0500? Late night Uber eats ?
We're on the move?

1701334096718.png

Whilst we're waiting for the GC .. do any of you Y owners live in Apartments? If so, whats your charging strategy like?
There are a number of threads on this forum discussing apartment charging. Do a search in “This Forum “ and you’ll find a number, including this one. installing EV charger apartment complex
Basically you are at the mercy of your owners corporation, particularly if you rent. If you own, now is the time to get on the Owners Committee and push for the installation of EV charging in your building. The most successful strategy I have found is to remind owners that EV sales have passed 8% of vehicle sales in Australia and the committee need to deal with the situation before it can take control of them, with EV owners dropping extension chords from balconies or worse.
I have experience in this area, having written one of the first By Laws for plug in vehicles back in 2011. I’m now about half way through a much larger project with a parking garage on 7 levels and 144 vehicles.
If you really want advice about apartment charging, start your own thread, describing your specific situation including,
1 - Owner or Tenant
2 - How many apartments and how many parking spaces
3 - Where are the apartment electricity meters located and
4 - describe the garage layout.
Charging in apartments is possible but complex and variable depending upon the specific circumstances.

This may not be a right page for this topic but I have been reading articles and watching videos on Tesla's vision technology and moving away from sensors and radars. Model Y cars coming with hardware 4 have only two cameras at the front (top). The middle camera that was "narrow angle" has been deleted. Now the two remaining cameras pointing to the each front corner of the car taking care of the cruise control, autonomous braking etc. They may be wide angle cameras but I am not sure how the whole front of the car will be covered. Now Model 3 with no sensors and hardware 4 with two front cameras....not sure if you can fully trust FSD. Tesla has been insisting on not having sensors and radars. On the other hand, high definition radars are being re-introduced to the more expensive models Model S and X. Is the insistence on vision technology just to cut the cost or the future of autonomous driving?