Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe this means the vehicle has been unloaded at port of entry, cleared customs, and are entered into the RAV database.

Now we wait for that SMS to book our delivery date.

I’m hope I’m right but anyone here feel free to correct me.
Not the case unfortunately. MY MYP is still on the water, has never landed in Australia, is not expected to land for another 3-4 weeks, and yet is still on the RAV database.

1706084539725.png

Finally got a link to book delivery today. Earliest date I could pick was Feb 20. What a bloody joke.

Great that people get cars so quickly but can't get over how poor it is organised by Tesla so that people who ordered more recently get to pick up their cars weeks before me.

This whole experience with getting a Tesla has been pretty poor.

Sent SMS to Tesla saying I'm not impressed and got a call 30min later telling me it was a tech glitch and I can pick up the car on Feb 7. Then 15min later another call saying that the tech glitch wasn't actually glitch so back again to Feb 20...

Reactions: RichY3
I’m finding it hard to believe it takes over 4 weeks to get cars from Port Kembla to Alexandria

EDIT: Received another identical email saying to book in delivery. Clicked through thinking maybe they fixed something but no, now the earliest I can book is 26 Feb 2:30 PM.

Last edited:
Finally got a link to book delivery today. Earliest date I could pick was Feb 20. What a bloody joke.

Great that people get cars so quickly but can't get over how poor it is organised by Tesla so that people who ordered more recently get to pick up their cars weeks before me.

This whole experience with getting a Tesla has been pretty poor.

Sent SMS to Tesla saying I'm not impressed and got a call 30min later telling me it was a tech glitch and I can pick up the car on Feb 7. Then 15min later another call saying that the tech glitch wasn't actually glitch so back again to Feb 20...
Tesla computer says NO

My estimated delivery date for Brisbane is 23rd January - 13th February for a Blue model Y and has been for the past week but it says it's on the lapis arrow. How is that possible when the lapis arrow isn't supposed to get to Brisbane till 20th February? Anyone else on lapis arrow for Brisbane with different dates?

For those in Melbourne who are waiting, here is the latest from the ship movements website of Ports Victoria. MC is now scheduled for 26 Jan which as we all know is Australia Day. I will be surprised if any cars are unloaded over the long weekend. My current window is 27 Jan to 17 Feb, my guess is maybe the later end of that.

Wharfies are still striking in Port Melbourne causing major delays for all kinds of shipping. Whether or not that affects the MC is anyone's guess.

1706093969293.png

My original car was on the Glovis and sent back to Shanghai. Was assigned a new VIN and advised it was on the Morning Crystal. My EDD has been blank for ages and is still not updated. Now I know from this thread, and tracking the Crystal that it docked in Brisbane and its draught dropped so it definitely unloaded. There was also a photo proving it was docked.

Sick of waiting for an EDD, I texted Tesla yesterday asking what was going on and got an interesting reply:

We did get to see the ship on the shores of Brisbane but it did not get to unload, it is now making its way to Melbourne. This could be because the Brisbane port was busy and it couldn't dock once arrived. The EDD will update itself after it leaves Melbourne port as we can't control the estimated times until then. Thanks for your patience.

So according to Tesla, the Morning Crystal didn't dock or unload in Brisbane but this thread proves that to be not true. Is this a case of, they forgot to unload my car while it was in port? Has anyone else got confirmation of delivery or pick up dates for vehicles that arrived in Brisbane on the Crystal?
This was bizarre to read considering I saw it with my own eyes and took that picture lol.

Reactions: Winnieblue