Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys quick question for who already have the model y without ultrasonic sensors and only camera vision, notice some discrepancies in precision in terms of distance between the front and the object is something that you guys are having?
Also couldn’t find te option for parking , that one that show the positions and you select one and the car stops there. Suppose to have that in that 30 days trial autopilot no?
I think you get 30 days free Premium Connectivity as opposed to Enhanced autopilot, but maybe model Y is different :)

Hi just update,
looks like the feature auto park, summon and smart summon are disabled for vision only cars.

This feature may be temporarily limited or inactive until it is enabled with a future software update for vehicles manufactured as of approximately mid-February 2024.
I have enhancement autopilot, hope that will be available soon.
cheers

Hi just update,
looks like the feature auto park, summon and smart summon are disabled for vision only cars.

This feature may be temporarily limited or inactive until it is enabled with a future software update for vehicles manufactured as of approximately mid-February 2024.
I have enhancement autopilot, hope that will be available soon.
cheers
Yes this is correct, it’s been rumoured that trials to bring them back are starting soon but that’s not happened yet

My last update for this thread as I picked up the Model Y RWD Quicksilver today! (ordered 5/19)
I haven't gone thorugh fully yet, and as an ex 2022 Model 3 RWD owner, I don't know any previous Model Y very well either but...

Here are few things I noticed (may not be June 2024-batch specific however):
1. Both front and rear door glass are laminated. (unlike my ex-M3 which only had laminated glass at the front)
2. Makes the artificial for-pedestrian whiny noise when going in reverse.
3. Rear hatch glass and rear door glass are super dark. Like 20% tint-dark or even darker. No need to tint it IMO.
4. Front windows do have a shade of tint compared to the front windshield but seems it's not quite 35% tint-dark.
5. Suspension feels firm, but defintely better shock absorbed / less judder than my ex-M3.
6. Car feels heavier, but also more solid/planted when driving. Maybe due to point #5 above.
7. Door open button from the inside, when pressed, is noticeably quieter / more refined sounding than my ex-M3.
8. Quicksilver looks sick.

Anyways. So far very happy with it. Good luck to you all!

Reactions: crashoverride