Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto Insurance for Model 3 in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting. My DS must be more of a stickler. It could also have been because they didn't list the VIN on my document....if you run into an issue on the delivery day ( hopefully there is No issue), I was able to get TDMM to make the change and email me corrected documents within 20 min...so that is always a backup plan.

I’m also with Tdmm and have a model s on my papers. I haven’t heard back from My ds yet but I’ll follow up. Thanks for the update.

Also, I believe @realtycoon had the same situation with TDMM and has already taken delivery of his car.

Also, I believe @realtycoon had the same situation with TDMM and has already taken delivery of his car.

I use TDMM. They didn't have it in their system, but they overwrote it and said here's a temporary quote. They didn't say it was tied to the model S. They asked make/model/price/safety features. They said it will be reevaluated once the model 3 is in the system.

My slip says:
2018 Tesla 3

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
Interesting. My DS must be more of a stickler. It could also have been because they didn't list the VIN on my document....if you run into an issue on the delivery day ( hopefully there is No issue), I was able to get TDMM to make the change and email me corrected documents within 20 min...so that is always a backup plan.

I just went through this yesterday as well. TDMM was the best quote I found so far, so I asked my delivery advisor if they would if it had the correct VIN but listed as Model S, the response was absolutely not. He says it must be correct make/model with correct VIN.

I have got RBC quote for 274/ PM for 3 and Subaru Outback 2.5 with additional Home at 60/ PM.

Is it a good deal or I can still shop around?

I tried TD, Aviva and Coseco. They all are costly. I am in Mississauga

I finally got a quote from CAA (giving my VIN) $1414/yr ($117/mth). This is with 1 million liability, 500 deductible. This is bundled with another car (Honda Civic) and home insurance (so there are some discounts there). This was substantially lower than any other quote I got - all in the $1800 - $2400 range (probably because I've been with CAA for so long and the bundling?).
The cost was only about $120 more than my previous car (Honda Civic Hybrid). I'm in Brampton.

Reactions: Viv ki Bijli
I am in the same boat, TDMM issue me a temp insurance slip with Model S description and my Model 3 VIN, and I did email my DA Denzel(the Vegas Team), he said I should be fine, really confused here, my delivery is May 31st.

@Tony_YYZ, Did you call TDMM to update the information?

Thanks,

I am in the same boat, TDMM issue me a temp insurance slip with Model S description and my Model 3 VIN, and I did email my DA Denzel(the Vegas Team), he said I should be fine, really confused here, my delivery is May 31st.

@Tony_YYZ, Did you call TDMM to update the information?

Thanks,
I had to call them to change the start date on mine since my delivery got moved up one day. I asked them about overwriting the name on the slip form Model S to Model 3 and the guy I spoke to said they can't do that.

My DS accepted my slip and said it's not a problem. But I can always call TD MM during the delivery if there is an issue.

I had to call them to change the start date on mine since my delivery got moved up one day. I asked them about overwriting the name on the slip form Model S to Model 3 and the guy I spoke to said they can't do that.

My DS accepted my slip and said it's not a problem. But I can always call TD MM during the delivery if there is an issue.
Thanks Tony! Hopefully there is no issue, I will let you know how it goes next week.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
talked to TD yesterday and they told that they can include Tesla Model 3 name on the slip and appropriate VIN number, but it takes one to two days to process as this will be a manual entry and they will give me scanned copy of the slip. If I want a digital copy they only can provide me with MS mentioned with my model 3 VIN on it.

Is this TD Insurance or TD MM?

Thanks Tony! Hopefully there is no issue, I will let you know how it goes next week.
Fyi - tell them you want to talk to their manager. The agent on the phone doesn't have the ability to change it...for me, the manager changed it. They put me on hold for 10 minutes and changed it. I actually had to go through this on 2 separate days because I realized they entered my VIN wrong. You will probably be ok when you pick up...but if not, call TDMM, ask for the manager and get them to change it...you will have an updated document emailed right away.

Fyi - tell them you want to talk to their manager. The agent on the phone doesn't have the ability to change it...for me, the manager changed it. They put me on hold for 10 minutes and changed it. I actually had to go through this on 2 separate days because I realized they entered my VIN wrong. You will probably be ok when you pick up...but if not, call TDMM, ask for the manager and get them to change it...you will have an updated document emailed right away.
Thanks a lot!

I finally got a quote from CAA (giving my VIN) $1414/yr ($117/mth). This is with 1 million liability, 500 deductible. This is bundled with another car (Honda Civic) and home insurance (so there are some discounts there). This was substantially lower than any other quote I got - all in the $1800 - $2400 range (probably because I've been with CAA for so long and the bundling?).
The cost was only about $120 more than my previous car (Honda Civic Hybrid). I'm in Brampton.

This is awesome rate considering that you are in Brampton