Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 9th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Chad Schwitters, the former president of Plug In America, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

Auto pilot doesn’t detect deer

The list of things that AutoPilot is expected to detect: cars, trucks. The list of things that AutoPilot is NOT expected to detect: every other physical thing in the universe.

There, that should clear it up.:p

My X always see trucks as cars, and it hates Porsche. Most times, it displays a Porsche 997/911/Cayman as a truck.

Last edited:

Trips

"Boring bonehead questions are not cool. Next?"
Sep 22, 2015
Omaha, NE
Anyone tried a moose?

Elon was not so confident on the moose back in 2016. From a quarterly conference call “Yeah it’s a good question. Actually, it should work for something like a moose – because it is quite a big mass, but it may not work for say a small deer. A small deer probably would not trigger braking, but a moose I think would. I’m not 100% sure of that, but I think it would trigger on a moose.”

BlueRocket

S90D HW3.0 upgrade MCU1 "FSD" 2021.24.28
Feb 5, 2017
New Jersey
Elon was not so confident on the moose back in 2016. From a quarterly conference call “Yeah it’s a good question. Actually, it should work for something like a moose – because it is quite a big mass, but it may not work for say a small deer. A small deer probably would not trigger braking, but a moose I think would. I’m not 100% sure of that, but I think it would trigger on a moose.”
300 lbs maybe, 600 lbs for sure!

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC