Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Automatic Doors Getting Fixed!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just started installing 2024.20.1 on our 2024 Model X LR. It has some sort of fix for Automatic Doors! Should get to try it out later today!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240608_043447_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20240608_043447_Tesla.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: towndrunk
Correct it actually opens so that you don't have to touch the door anymore. There's enough room to get inside the vehicle and not have to fight the motor in the door. Similar to legacy X and 2022 Model X
Does this mean it will work when I push the door handle to open the door too? Right now it only opens a few inches. I don’t have auto door enabled, since I don’t want it flinging open on a busy road.

@kriskros91 This is great!! I'm wondering though, does it check for obstacles using the camera? For example if you're parked close to another car, does it just slam the door into the other car, or does it stop like the USS models do?
My car is usually parked in a garage close to the wall. Only opened up slightly. So does still sense obstruction and avoids fully opening in that case.

@kriskros91 This is great!! I'm wondering though, does it check for obstacles using the camera? For example if you're parked close to another car, does it just slam the door into the other car, or does it stop like the USS models do?
My car is usually parked in a garage close to the wall. Only opened up slightly. So does still sense obstruction and avoids fully opening in that case
Does this mean it will work when I push the door handle to open the door too? Right now it only opens a few inches. I don’t have auto door enabled, since I don’t want it flinging open on a busy road.
My wife has it set to not auto open so when I got back into the car from the mailbox it didn't automatically open up. When I pushed the door handle it did open up wider. So the automatic door opens wide in auto mode and and with manual opening.

Reactions: Cheetah and Mdubz
Just got the latest update and my doors still only open a few inches. Is there a special setting or something? I have automatic doors off, but from what others were saying it should still open all the way when pressing the handle.
What "latest update"? 2024.14.9 or 2024.20.1?

The auto doors were updated as part of 20.1, but many of us just got 14.9 yesterday after being stuck on 2024.8.9 since April.

Turn ON Auto doors for sure, there is an option to not open when at Home if you pass it often in the garage for example.

Untitled.jpg