Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autonomous Car Progress

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You already have a bunch of cameras with different alignments so you've got to solve that problem anyway.
I think the moving objects are filtered out in the way they train the neural net. They talked about moving through the world and finding the the point cloud that is consistent across all frames. That would naturally filter out moving objects.

What is the advantage of voxels over point clouds?
Voxels are discrete and means a grid of locations of consistent fixed size. Thus they are similar to the pixels in an image and much of the same algorithms used to handle 2D images can be used to process them. Point clouds instead have a much larger degree of freedom, making it much harder to classify.
Beyond the pixel plane: sensing and learning in 3D
The Main Benefits and Disadvantages of Voxel Modeling

Again I encourage you to play around with the tool, the differences are fairly apparent between voxels and point clouds:
Tesla Data Renderer
Tesla Data Renderer

• Informative
Reactions: Jeff N

Transform the in-vehicle experience​

Over three decades ago, TomTom changed how we drive. TomTom IndiGO is the next evolution for drivers … and passengers.

November 30, 2021 - 3:00pm CET
Be there when all is revealed

Carmakers like VW will switch to TomTom Indigo soon, VW don’t want to use Google services because just like other TomTom customers they do want a guarantee for user privacy, own control, no adds, flexibel solutions, great user in-vehiclel experience, short time to market and cost saving on software.….. the only to compete to Tesla ;-)

Carmakers like VW will switch to TomTom Indigo soon, VW don’t want to use Google services because just like other TomTom customers they do want a guarantee for user privacy, own control, no adds, flexibel solutions, great user in-vehiclel experience, short time to market and cost saving on software.….. the only to compete to Tesla ;-)

This has really nothing do to with autonomous cars. BTW, talking about taking on Google ...

IndiGO runs on the popular Android Automotive Operating System (AAOS),​

This has really nothing do to with autonomous cars. BTW, talking about taking on Google ...

IndiGO runs on the popular Android Automotive Operating System (AAOS),​
Yeah, AAOS is still heavily tied to Google, although the Google services is optional.
https://source.android.com/devices/automotive/start/what_automotive

I'm also not sure what this has to do with autonomous or even semi-autonomous driving, so not sure why it's in this thread at all. The poster have posted many Tomtom related content, if poster has any relation to Tomtom or is advertising for Tomtom, this should be disclosed and such content may be considered forum spamming anyways and violation of forum rules (part g).
Terms of Service

Reactions: Doggydogworld
Congrats to Mobileye's Amnon Sashua for receiving the Automotive News 2021 All Star Autonomous Driving Leader Award.

In September alone, it began testing self-driving vehicles in New York City, announced plans to launch robotaxis in Germany and Israel next year and said it would partner with Schaeffler on a self-driving shuttle project that would be available by 2023.
Perhaps most crucially, Mobileye said it would deploy SuperVision, its advanced driver-assist system, on Geely's premium Zeekr electric vehicles this year. While drivers will remain behind the wheel for now, Mobileye hopes its technology will be ready for Level 4 driving on Zeekr SUVs by 2025.

Similar to how GM is "leading" the EV transition.... in press releases.
Slight OT - but I finally read the actual quotes made by Biden - and submitted them to Politifact for fact checking. I see what he wanted to say - but said it in a bad way. He could have praised GM & Berra - truthfully - by changing just a few words. So, either his speech writers goofed up or he mangled the words (more likely given his speech problems).

Throwback to the very beginnings of Autopilot when Tesla and MobilEye were partnered up until MobilEye severed that partnership following the accident where a Model S crashed into a crossing trailer, something that MobilEye said the system wouldn't be able to detect until ~2018

Throwback to the very beginnings of Autopilot when Tesla and MobilEye were partnered up until MobilEye severed that partnership following the accident where a Model S crashed into a crossing trailer, something that MobilEye said the system wouldn't be able to detect until ~2018
Yes - this is what caused Tesla to go alone. I don't think MobilEye would have ever moved at the speed Tesla wanted - but its possible if they had continued to work together FSD would have been in a better shape now.

Its kind of similar to Tesla and Panasonic. Panasonic almost killed Tesla in '18/'19 by refusing to ramp up fast - forcing Tesla to go alone with new battery tech and partnering with other battery makers in China & Korea.

Yes - this is what caused Tesla to go alone. I don't think MobilEye would have ever moved at the speed Tesla wanted - but its possible if they had continued to work together FSD would have been in a better shape now.

Its kind of similar to Tesla and Panasonic. Panasonic almost killed Tesla in '18/'19 by refusing to ramp up fast - forcing Tesla to go alone with new battery tech and partnering with other battery makers in China & Korea.
MobilEye called Tesla's approach a "brute force" way of working on the technology and didn't agree with their deployment on the safety side of things

But it could probably be argued that Autopilot wouldn't be where it is without MobilEye

Short edited video of a driverless ride in Cruise:

Did you catch how showing the demo videos got Cruise into trouble?

1638481695326.png

Cruise cars keep stopping in the middle of the lane to pick up and drop off passengers.

I might be naive but don't humans do that often in San Francisco and New York?