Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autonomous Car Progress

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is pretty cool although it is unclear if that is just when they would use it. Just to verify some specific scene / scenario that caused a problem. It is like getting a view inside the ML/AI black box in a sense.

Therefore, to go beyond text description of objects in the scene, we’ve developed a new “show and tell” capability that allows LINGO-1 to visually indicate its focus of attention using referential segmentation. Referential segmentation means marking the region in the image that is relevant to the textual response of LINGO-1. This new development establishes a stronger “grounding” (or connection) between language and vision tasks, increasing confidence in LINGO-1’s responses.

b81qn0h.jpg

G7pJLi0.jpg

That is pretty cool although it is unclear if that is just when they would use it. Just to verify some specific scene / scenario that caused a problem. It is like getting a view inside the ML/AI black box in a sense.

We know the black box nature of end-to-end is one of the main drawbacks of that approach. I think LINGO-1 seeks to address this issue. And the ability for the AI to actually show what it is thinking will help even further. So now, Wayve can use this to see what their AI Driver is thinking and why and that will help them troubleshoot and validate their autonomous driving. I do think making sure LINGO is accurate will be an issue. If LINGO makes a mistake, they will need to fix that. So LINGO does not automatically mean their autonomous driving is reliable, it is just a tool that will help them validate their system. But it is definitely an impressive tool IMO.

Reactions: scottf200

Good for the board. It's getting scary so many AI/AV leaders are turning out be be so untrustworthy (Altman, Vogt, Musk, Milton, ..).
Here is an interesting interpretation with the Microsoft involvement.

Yes, lots of moving parts. Also a few big reasons to stay with OpenAI like stock options and an eventual IPO. Even offers to match equity with MSFT or CRM stock wouldn't come close.
Huh? Those texts end with the summary that Microsoft has obtained OpenAI's CEO and most employees for essentially no cost. If Microsoft has them, why would they continue to fund the company? Almost 90% of OpenAI's funding comes from Microsoft. That dries up, OpenAI dries up, and the stock is worthless.

What am I missing?

Huh? Those texts end with the summary that Microsoft has obtained OpenAI's CEO and most employees for essentially no cost. If Microsoft has them, why would they continue to fund the company? Almost 90% of OpenAI's funding comes from Microsoft. That dries up, OpenAI dries up, and the stock is worthless.

What am I missing?
I read the same thing but apparently it wasn't all true. Per MSFT's CEO, over the weekend he encouraged the OpenAI board to rehire them. But that would only solve part of the problem as OpenAI employees want the board of directors replaced. So MSFT is now planning to talk to the board in the hopes of a final solution.

Reactions: JB47394
No it was not. First, 2023 model year vehicles are cars made IN 2022. The model year format uses the year ahead.

UltraCruise was published to be released in 2023 not 2022 and the only car which has been mentioned officially to have UltraCruise is the (2024) Celestiq, deliveries supposedly starting late 2023.

Is that a big mistake just like supercruise 1.0 only being on one Cadillac model initially? Yes. But that’s not what’s being discussed here.
Is it delayed or has it come out ?

I wonder how the Cruise fiasco will affect Ultra Cruise ....